Twitter: Honey Badger visits with Eagles

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

We don't want this to happen.

Dont know the deal with TM, but there is underlying theme that teams keep wanting to get rid of a really good talent.
Is it Cap or is it Crap.
I can only speculate that with no link that the latter seems to be the personal profile.
His talent is undeniable present and has been since he was drafted, usually this movement signifies another underlying issue that teams seem to not want to publicize.

luckyman76

Reaction score
Chiefs walked away because Honey Badger's asking price was $15M. My guess is its still around $12-13M. The Wagner debacle was unforgivable but flaking on C. Jones, Z. Smith, and Von Miller made sense. They got paid. I want to save my money for the young, healthy, dominant pass rusher and overpay for that one. We still have cap problems because we do bad contracts. We have plenty of cap room right now to do some things but we have $7M in dead money from Jaylon Smith and still have Zeke's stupid contract to go along with Dak's. A team can afford to be stupid at QB but we went full....at too many positions. Hopefully our future cap opens up and we aren't so stupid the next time as we have to sign Ceedee and Diggs in the future. We would feel a lot better with the Wentz contract for Dak. If you want to pay somebody, do it early but you better be right. Paid Lael, Zeke, and Jaylon early. Paid Dak and Tank late. QB and pass rusher two most important positions besides LT.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Looking for his last significant contract (30th birthday 5 weeks from tomorrow).
Three weeks plus into FA period, yet still unsigned; perhaps his asking price is too steep as of now.
But no worries --- pretty sure Mathieu finds a team before the OTAs begin.
WG posted the 2nd year players and how important they are,, seems like a youth movement is much more favorable than a TM looking for a final pay day.
Im really tired of watching this franchise being the final payday, and I sense that even JJ and SJ are finally starting to realize how totally blind they have been to this.
Hang the sign out front of the Star front door Jerry....
Player only wanted.
Pay Check collectors need apply else where.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or that 20-odd years of ineptitude has made a substantial portion of the base not take this Jonestones circus that serious any longer.

Not liking the organization or the FO is different than rooting for losses.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
\
Totally dis agree. At some point fans will of had enough of Jed Clampett and Jethro. I'm still rooting for Dallas but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win the NFC East as things stand now. These guys are just racking in the money from us fans. I'll always love the team but HATE the organization!

No one said one had to like the FO organization. But rooting for a player to crush us in a loss. That is not being a fan.

Carson

Reaction score
Now there’s a plot twist. Would take a lot to pressure off our 5 picks in the top 101
When you have 5 picks in the Top 101, the only pressure is on yourself.

Even the worst drafting teams cannot mess it up.

Hardline

Reaction score
Fans have fallen so low, they hope a player signs elsewhere and then beats us to embarrass Jerry.

This is proof this place is full of non fans and trolls.
If you want an omelet you have to break a few eggs. Until this team is totally broken we can forget about the omelet.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like our safeties but hats off to the iggles for looking at all possibilities in trying to get better.

fivetwos

Reaction score
When you have 5 picks in the Top 101, the only pressure is on yourself.

Even the worst drafting teams cannot mess it up.
I agree with about 98% of the words in your posts.

This one falls into the other 2%.

That GM is good at obtaining picks. Using them? Not so much.

They can easily end up with only one useful player out of those five.

Either way, all their wheeling and dealing is all about having the ammo to get a future QB.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Chiefs walked away because Honey Badger's asking price was $15M. My guess is its still around $12-13M. The Wagner debacle was unforgivable but flaking on C. Jones, Z. Smith, and Von Miller made sense. They got paid. I want to save my money for the young, healthy, dominant pass rusher and overpay for that one. We still have cap problems because we do bad contracts. We have plenty of cap room right now to do some things but we have $7M in dead money from Jaylon Smith and still have Zeke's stupid contract to go along with Dak's. A team can afford to be stupid at QB but we went full....at too many positions. Hopefully our future cap opens up and we aren't so stupid the next time as we have to sign Ceedee and Diggs in the future. We would feel a lot better with the Wentz contract for Dak. If you want to pay somebody, do it early but you better be right. Paid Lael, Zeke, and Jaylon early. Paid Dak and Tank late. QB and pass rusher two most important positions besides LT.
WR's are becoming the next RB's....to many available to sign one to a 100M contract. Let Ceedee walk.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It shouldn’t….y’all should be looking to draft bpa…

BPA is one of those things I think people take a little too literally. Like if RB was genuinely the BPA when Dallas picks, are you going to take a guy to sit behind Zeke and Pollard for the majority of his rookie deal? How would Dallas feel if they came out of it with a first round TE? Should KC take a QB in the first round if its BPA? Should the Chargers take a receiver to add to their 2 20m$ guys?

What was it Jimmy said? Best Available Player of Need? That’s closer to what actually happens, and there’s only 6-7 realistic positions Philadelphia could be drafting in the first round:

We don’t take linebackers in the first round
We don’t take Tight Ends in the first round
We don’t take running backs in the first round
We don’t take safeties in the first round

We have an extremely high penchant for going offensive or defensive line, we take those about 75% of the time since Lurie bought the team. So without Mathieu, while we won’t go safety roun 1, we’re very likely to take 2-3 DBs with our first 5 picks, possibly even 2 safeties. But with Mathieu on board, that would open up what we do in the second and third round tremendously, which then would have a trick effect to what we’re beholden to in the first.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
BPA is one of those things I think people take a little too literally. Like if RB was genuinely the BPA when Dallas picks, are you going to take a guy to sit behind Zeke and Pollard for the majority of his rookie deal? How would Dallas feel if they came out of it with a first round TE? Should KC take a QB in the first round if its BPA? Should the Chargers take a receiver to add to their 2 20m$ guys?

What was it Jimmy said? Best Available Player of Need? That’s closer to what actually happens, and there’s only 6-7 realistic positions Philadelphia could be drafting in the first round:

We don’t take linebackers in the first round
We don’t take Tight Ends in the first round
We don’t take running backs in the first round
We don’t take safeties in the first round

We have an extremely high penchant for going offensive or defensive line, we take those about 75% of the time since Lurie bought the team. So without Mathieu, while we won’t go safety roun 1, we’re very likely to take 2-3 DBs with our first 5 picks, possibly even 2 safeties. But with Mathieu on board, that would open up what we do in the second and third round tremendously, which then would have a trick effect to what we’re beholden to in the first.
My point is…Matheiu is a older veteran…im not allowing a 31 year old stop me from taking a great player.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
My point is…Matheiu is a older veteran…im not allowing a 31 year old stop me from taking a great player.

I think at other positions that has credence, but safety has one of the best shelf life’s in the entire league.

Tyrann Mathieu is 29

Achievements of Safeties with similar reputation to Mathieu in the last 25 years after they turned 30 years old:

Malcolm Jenkins: 2 pro bowls, 1 SB, started 16 games at 34

Ed Reed: 5 pro bowls, 1 all-pro, 1 SB, 16 starts at 34

Brian Dawkins: 6 pro bowls, 2 All-pros, Final PB appearance at 38

Troy Polamalu: 2 pro bowls, 1 all pro, still Pitt’s starting safety at 34

Eric Waddle: 3 pro bowls, started 16 games at 34

John Lynch: 6 pro bowls, 1 SB, started final pro bowl at 36

Devin Mccourty: 1 SB, has started 81 consecutive games since turning 30, maybe the most impressive feat on this list.

Rodney Harrison: 1 All-Pro, 2007 undefeated Patriot’s leader on defense at 35

Lawyer Milloy: started 107 games after turning 30, including 16 at 37.

If we were talking about Corner, I’d agree with you. But based on history at the position, I’d be 100% okay with giving a 29 yr old, 2-time all pro safety a 5-year deal. He’ll more than likely earn it