Hook Em Horns!

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Texas is finally back for sure. If Collin Johnson and Humphrey return, they should make the playoffs

triplets_93

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching on ESPN 3 with their Skycam channel. No BS from guys in a booth. Lots of music from the Longhorn band. Love the view from behind the QB!

This pretty much sums up how the game went....

:)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sure Georgia showed up flat...as expected.
Does not mean UT isnt playing well.
But we've see this scenario so many times in bowl games. One team highly disappointed in hiw their season ended and gets their butt handed tothem in a bowl game.

Congrats to Texas. I think they are better than their record indicates. But, UGA was flat and it looked like the coaching staff spent too much time recruiting and not enough preparing for Texas. They were just out coached. This is the knock on Kirby Smart. He is a phenominal recruiter but not as smart as his name would indicate.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Congrats to Texas. I think they are better than their record indicates. But, UGA was flat and it looked like the coaching staff spent too much time recruiting and not enough preparing for Texas. They were just out coached. This is the knock on Kirby Smart. He is a phenominal recruiter but not as smart as his name would indicate.

I think they are better then there record as well. The problem with Texas this season, IMO, was there depleted talent all along the DL and injuries on their OL. They lost guys last year and just didn't have enough depth to replace those loses defensively. The OL should actually have been much better but they just were banged up the entire year, especially early. If you look at their 4 loses, this team could easily have been 13-1.

Lost to MD 29-34 (three turnovers in the last 12 minutes after having come back from a 24-7 deficit and a long rain delay)

Lost to OKSt. 35-38 (Ehlinger had a terrible first half, first game with shoulder injury)

Lost to WV 42-41 (Herman Calls a TO on a missed FG kick by WV and gives them another shot)

Lost to OU 27-39 (This was really the only loss that I thought Texas got beaten in and didn't beat themselves)

triplets_93

Reaction score
In 2004-05, Texas won the Rose Bowl vs Michigan, then returned in 2005-06 to the Rose Bowl for the National Championship. In 2018-19, Texas won the Sugar Bowl vs Georgia. Guess where the National Championship will be played for 2019-20? The Sugar Bowl. ;)