Twitter: Hooker said visit went well

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Malik Hooker

2017 = Torn ACL, MCL
2018 = Hip and foot injuries
2019 = Torn meniscus
2020 = Torn Achilles

I'm thinking that Dallas should think long and hard before they sign this guy with the intention of him being ready to start the season and last the entire season. Nice name and we all know who he is but I would rather go in a different direction. Just draft a dang safety. We have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.
What scares me about Hooker is that his former College coach in Jacksonville, Urban Meyer, did not sign him. He is 24 and nobody but the cheap Cowboys brought him in for a look. That is strange and telling.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
What scares me about Hooker is that his former College coach in Jacksonville, Urban Meyer, did not sign him. He is 24 and nobody but the cheap Cowboys brought him in for a look. That is strange and telling.
Good point

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Based on what he said yesterday, I get the sense he failed the physical and isn't ready to return to the field as of yet. Heard recently that Kazee was cleared by his doctor and he could be further along at this point.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
He had a medical today. Maybe it came back bad and the team doc said don’t sign him. We just don’t know.

Maybe he signs tomorrow.

It’s probably just the team checking on a once promising player who may or may not be worth trying to salvage. If his medical came back decent, they’ll probably try him this season.

I did love the player in that year’s draft... but I probably wouldn’t bother with him if it were up to me, but what do I know?
There you go using common sense. You know that’s not allowed here!

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wanted Hooker also, but I don't know a thing about his current health, and I really can't blame the team if they can't trust him to stay healthy.

It goes beyond the achillies with him.

He will probably blow out a calf favoring it.

Then we are back to where we are now. Not sure it's a chance worth taking.

Carson

Reaction score
I wanted Hooker also, but I don't know a thing about his current health, and I really can't blame the team if they can't trust him to stay healthy.

It goes beyond the achillies with him.

He will probably blow out a calf favoring it.

Then we are back to where we are now. Not sure it's a chance worth taking.
I believe this is the biggest reason not to sign him. That and if he’s not ready week 1 who is your starter? It would be stupid to draft a rookie, let him start a few and then let Hooker start when healthy. If you’re going to roll with the rookie, go through the growing pains so he can improve and be the every day guy

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Good meetings dont happen if the player leaves unsigned.

Very very unlikely Hooker is signed at all.

Nah, Jerry convinced Hooker to pay to play for the cowboys. He's just gotta raise some coin before he signs. I heard he set up a lemonade stand on a very lucrative corner. Imminent.

Carson

Reaction score
Nah, Jerry convinced Hooker to pay to play for the cowboys. He's just gotta raise some coin before he signs. I heard he set up a lemonade stand on a very lucrative corner. Imminent.
Just waiting for the day where fans start a go fund me to sign players like Malik lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
I believe this is the biggest reason not to sign him. That and if he’s not ready week 1 who is your starter? It would be stupid to draft a rookie, let him start a few and then let Hooker start when healthy. If you’re going to roll with the rookie, go through the growing pains so he can improve and be the every day guy
Kazee likely leaves them in the same situation.

Still though, as much as I like to bash them, I can't blame them for passing on Hooker.

He may not sign until just before camp if teams want him to pass a physical first....and by all speculation, I dont see how he can at the moment.

I wouldn't consider it a shrewd move to solve this on going problem with a guy who can't play, and probably won't be able to until mid season.

It was always either/or, and if they sign Kazee it's tough to argue until we see the results on the field.

Besides, its logical to think that Quinn would want more than one of his old buddies on the field.

Carson

Reaction score
Kazee likely leaves them in the same situation.

Still though, as much as I like to bash them, I can't blame them for passing on Hooker.

He may not sign until just before camp if teams want him to pass a physical first....and by all speculation, I dont see how he can at the moment.

I wouldn't consider it a shrewd move to solve this on going problem with a guy who can't play, and probably won't be able to until mid season.

It was always either/or, and if they sign Kazee it's tough to argue until we see the results on the field.

Besides, its logical to think that Quinn would want more than one of his old buddies on the field.
My thing is if they were dead set on Kazee why let him leave and negotiate when he’s on his way to Detroit. I know I’m not in the room, I don’t know what was discussed nor his health. Just rather strange that we knew we’d likely get him, he visits, he leaves and then we start negotiating late at night. I believe the lions will increase his asking price

phildadon86

Reaction score
My thing is if they were dead set on Kazee why let him leave and negotiate when he’s on his way to Detroit. I know I’m not in the room, I don’t know what was discussed nor his health. Just rather strange that we knew we’d likely get him, he visits, he leaves and then we start negotiating late at night. I believe the lions will increase his asking price
I dont know why anyone has trouble understanding this. Dan Quinn and Will McClay weren't in attendance for these meetings as they were watching pro days. The FO most likely conducted interviews, medical professionals probably did what they do, and they came together last night to decide who to move forward with. Its not rocket science.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I dont know why anyone has trouble understanding this. Dan Quinn and Will McClay weren't in attendance for these meetings as they were watching pro days. The FO most likely conducted interviews, medical professionals probably did what they do, and they came together last night to decide who to move forward with. Its not rocket science.
That’s what I said also. I’m curious if Quinn and mcclay are back in Texas or went to parsons pro day.

boysfanindc

Reaction score

I am not sure they were dead set on Kazee by the fact they also brought in Hooker. I think they wanted to see where both guys were in their recovery and have the doctors look at them both. When Will and Dan got done with the Alabama pro day they sat and reviewed the medicals and decided it was worth engaging in contract discussions with Kazee. Could be wrong but that is at least how I read the tea leafs.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That’s what I said also. I’m curious if Quinn and mcclay are back in Texas or went to parsons pro day.
If they didnt I will be livid. They could have easily done a simple zoom call once all meetings were concluded and medical results were back.

CWR

Reaction score
Malik Hooker

2017 = Torn ACL, MCL
2018 = Hip and foot injuries
2019 = Torn meniscus
2020 = Torn Achilles

I'm thinking that Dallas should think long and hard before they sign this guy with the intention of him being ready to start the season and last the entire season. Nice name and we all know who he is but I would rather go in a different direction. Just draft a dang safety. We have 6 picks in the first 4 rounds.

Yeah and he's young too, so it's early to be getting hurt all the time. These guys usually end up worse off with age. Every once in awhile you get a guy like Fred Taylor who suddenly becomes durable. Hooker is talented enough to take a shot on a "honest offer."

Carson

Reaction score
I don’t know what Quinn would need to talk to Kazee about. I’m sure he knows any and everything possible about the kid and how he fits lol