Hope Garrett was watching Rams/Chiefs game

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It must have been pretty depressing for him offensively to watch as it was for me to see how far away we are from the elite teams in the NFL.

Ken

Reaction score
Having a QB consistently accurate over 20 yards helps open up the playbook.
Hmm...

Well...looking at Mahome's passing chart...it says he was 3 for 9 over 20 yards with 2 ints and 2 tds. One of the TDs the wr was 20 yards wide open because the defender fell down. I don't remember the other long one..i will have to go watch.

I also see that 3 of his tds were 3 yards or under.

Real gunslinger.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That was a great game but...

That was a sloppy game too.

Both of those coaches were coaching to score points and not really coaching to win.

If either team turned the ball over like that in the post season they would get beat.

I love the play designs but my gosh that was wide open full throttle football that is fun for a regular season game but you can't play like that in the post season.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
No chance he thought he was watching a local HS football game. He chuckled a few times with the trickery, innovative formations, and overall explosiveness of those two offenses but quickly realized Dak would be more confused and running a generic offense with one five yard read is sufficient.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As you used to say about Romo: Until they get us to the big one and win it, it's all valid criticism. You know I've been a huge Dak supporter and believed that he'd prove last year's doubters wrong. So far, he is still showing a lot of the same problems he had before. I know his line hasn't been as good as it was, but what good QB needs an ALL-PRO line each and every single game to play even remotely decent? The past two wins is a good sign, but it's not near enough given the previous games.

Dak has to re-prove himself to me. I'm done believing in Garrett and Linehan. The dude can't innovate...ever. Garrett, Linehan, and Dak are a bad combo together. A change is needed. I know what we have in Linehan Garrett, but I still hold out some hope for Dak unless they ruin him completely in their "process".

Some of the sacks have been Dak holding on to the ball too long. He's not good and sensing real pressure and often senses phantom pressure that isn't there. I thought that by now he'd adjust and learn, but he's still showing the same tendencies. They need to get him a new and actually good QB coach if we're to see if he can be as good as we need him to be.

High powered teams? Have you seen their records this year? Have you seen them actually play? They're not what they were. Their confidence is shot.
Right. Egirls and Falcons are both 4-6. We still haven’t beat an above .500 team yet.

We’ll see what we have when we face the high powered Saints next week.

A-Cowboy entire existence revolves around Dak out doing Romo now.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Hopefully it gave him some ideas and he was writing LOTS of notes.
Lol....did you notice the WRs (4-5 deep in playmakers), TEs that made huge plays on third down and down field, and the aggressiveness passing all game long with very few run plays even in a close game?

Our team isn’t that loaded, isn’t built that way, and fans would go nuts if Zeke had as few runs as Gurley (12) or Hunt (14) had in a close game. On the bright side, other than pass rush, I think we play better defense than either of those teams.

Einstein

Reaction score
Why, so he could watch the refs F over Reid the way they have us this season? God, I am so sick on bias reffing.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Right. Egirls and Falcons are both 4-6. We still haven’t beat an above .500 team yet.

We’ll see what we have when we face the high powered Saints next week.

A-Cowboy entire existence revolves around Dak out doing Romo now.
Right...I guess every team that loses to the Saints must stink. Losing to the Saints, Rams, KC, and even NE doesn’t tell you much that you didn’t already know, other than how you will compete against better teams.

zeke21

Reaction score
It was an offence game for sure.. but there was some really nice D happening.. but both those teams can move the ball at will.. it really highlighted that the game seemingly has shifted and, right now, if your offence is good enough then you can break down any defence.

Also highlighted that we are nowhere NEAR the level required to contest for SB.. not even close.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have to agree. I dont know if you notice but there are a slew of nice defensive teams this year. The weird thing is over half of them are offensively challenged.

The bears are probably the most balanced but even the browns have a top 5 defense. The reason they keep losing is because they shot themselves in the foot.

They nearly took out the saints and steelers.

And then look what Dallas defense did to the Falcons high scoring offense in their own palace.

Nice offensive teams but I also believe defense will win the SB this year.
Depends on how we view this.

If you believe a great defensive team is going to win the Super Bowl then you’re basically saying none of the elite teams are going to win it be cause none of them have one. Unless you see the Bears as elite?

Most likely what’s going to happen is what we saw last night is that one of these prolific offensive teams is going to make a couple defensive stands to win it. Which could be translated into defenses win championships even in a 50 point game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Right...I guess every team that loses to the Saints must stink. Losing to the Saints, Rams, KC, and even NE doesn’t tell you much that you didn’t already know, other than how you will compete against better teams.
What does losing 48-7 tell you?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It was an offence game for sure.. but there was some really nice D happening.. but both those teams can move the ball at will.. it really highlighted that the game seemingly has shifted and, right now, if your offence is good enough then you can break down any defence.

Also highlighted that we are nowhere NEAR the level required to contest for SB.. not even close.
Right.

Rams made two critical stops to close the game. The headlines will never reveal that in a 50 point game. But the Rams defense in an offensive explosion turned out to be the difference.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It's going to be fascinating watching the playoffs this year.

Defense wins championships right?

Well KC, LA, and NO aren't playing much defense.

I've thought defense is overrated for awhile now and QB and coaching are far more important but just a year ago we saw Philly win a Superbowl and a couple years before that we saw Denver win with defense and a shell of Peyton Manning.

New Orleans at home in the playoffs is almost guaranteed to go to the Superbowl.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If you watch the games closely even in last nights game you’ll see that in the end the better defense was the difference even with these prolific offenses.

The Saints are playing some good defense too. Rams made some key stops last nite to close the game. Those two DL provide some serious power in their defense.

So defense even though statistically it’s not the highlite is still a factor in these games.

ClintDagger

Reaction score
To me the QB play stood out more than anything. Quick releases, accurate throws, lightning fast progressions. I think while the gap between our offensive coaches and the ones on display last night is wide, even wider is the gap between those QBs and ours. I know some people say a McVay type could turn Dak into a Mahomes or a Goff but I simply don’t buy that. I could list all the reasons why but by now those should be apparent.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Depends on how we view this.

If you believe a great defensive team is going to win the Super Bowl then you’re basically saying none of the elite teams are going to win it be cause none of them have one. Unless you see the Bears as elite?

Most likely what’s going to happen is what we saw last night is that one of these prolific offensive teams is going to make a couple defensive stands to win it. Which could be translated into defenses win championships even in a 50 point game.

In short, what the eye test has shown me this season is that these offenses are not unstoppable when playing anywhere near a decent defense.

If I dont see that after 10 games then this post is never created.

Like I said the saints needed the browns to basically hang themselves to get a win and Dallas did a hell of a job limiting a team averaging 30 pts a game at home to just 19 in a win.

I believe both the rams and cheifs showed they are suspectable to also being taken down by a decent defense.

camaro69

Benched
Reaction score
He can watch all he wants but you need a QB to do what those 2 teams did.
this quote is spot on. Best two QB in the 2016 draft. If these two are franchise QB. Then what we have in Dallas is a bus driver. The Dak fan boy's won't like this but it's not the HC or the OC that makes these two QBs look great it's arm talent. That's one of the best game I've ever watch on TV