Hopefully This Ends the Trade up to #2 Talk

skinsscalper

Reaction score
J.Jones21 said:
Its stupid that they don't do new pick values every year, this year the second and third round choices should be worth far more than last year because this draft truely is one of the deepest ever.

the third round picks should be worth half of the equal first round picks no less.

The first paragraph in you post explains why it would be a stupid idea to move up in the first place. If we can get a guy in the 2nd or 3rd that might have gone in the 1st or 2nd next year, then we stand pat and take the guys this year with a 2nd or 3rd round contract rather than a 1st or 2nd round contract. This is truly more value in the pick.

Now that we are getting closer in the draft though, Im leary of trading down also. I think we can get an impact player where we are at. Trading down might get risky. But, I am sure the hell more on the trade down bandwagon than I am on the trade up one.

SS

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Hostile said:
#18 is worth 900 points.

#49 is worth 410 points.

#80 is worth 190 points.

#150 is worth 31.4 points.

#182 is worth 19.6 points.

#224 is worth .4 points.

That comes to 1551.4 points, well short of the 2600 needed to get #2. That is out entire Draft and it is still 1048.6 points short. In other words, our entire 2006 Draft and next year's #1 might get it done.

Question!?!?

So when Ditka got traded picks for Ricky Williams... was it ALL his picks for that draft? I think it was but not sure

and...
which team and who did they get? anyone good?

aznhalf

Reaction score
You forget, that Greg Ellis is worth much more than 1000 points!

Throw in Glover and Coakley and you probably won't have to give up any picks!

Michael88Irvin

Reaction score
Hostile said:
#18 is worth 900 points.

#49 is worth 410 points.

#80 is worth 190 points.

#150 is worth 31.4 points.

#182 is worth 19.6 points.

#224 is worth .4 points.

That comes to 1551.4 points, well short of the 2600 needed to get #2. That is out entire Draft and it is still 1048.6 points short. In other words, our entire 2006 Draft and next year's #1 might get it done.
No Problem... just be creative... you don't have to only trade picks for a pick... you can add in a player... I would trade our (#18) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 7th PLUS ROMO (Payton's man crush) for Reggie Bush... why the he!! not??

Crazy88

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
You forget, that Greg Ellis is worth much more than 1000 points!

Throw in Glover and Coakley and you probably won't have to give up any picks!

i dont follow. Glover and Coakley play for the rams now :confused:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
YoMick said:
Question!?!?

So when Ditka got traded picks for Ricky Williams... was it ALL his picks for that draft? I think it was but not sure

and...
which team and who did they get? anyone good?
Ditka wasn't moving up 16 spots to make that trade and how did it work out?

Bad plan. Period.

jay cee

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Ditka wasn't moving up 16 spots to make that trade and how did it work out?

Bad plan. Period.
I don't think that's what he was asking Hos. I'm also interested in finding out what team got all of those picks from the saints, and how they fared with them.

I'll see if I can find that info YoMick, but I must confess, I am not near as good an internet investigator as some of the other posters.