Hoping the Cowboys avoid players with injury concerns

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes injuries are apart of the game, but we've been through this for years. Your best availability is your availability! This team has lost a lot of players this off season. Taking a risk on a player coming out of college who has injury concerns, will most likely have them in the NFL.

There's so many players to draft this week, I'm hoping we take a hard look this year at avoiding this. Sometimes I feel because of the trainers we have/doctor, we feel that we're fine. Please give your thoughts on this topic

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree 100%. There have been so many gambles on previously great players who were injured. Most times, the gamble just didn't pay off. Hopefully they'll keep that in mind this year... yeah, right!

lkelly

Reaction score
Are you also hoping that they hire Tom Landry as coach and relocate the team to El Paso? Because both of those have about the same chance of happening as them resisting the lure of damaged goods.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Are you also hoping that they hire Tom Landry as coach and relocate the team to El Paso? Because both of those have about the same chance of happening as them resisting the lure of damaged goods.
No just hoping for the best

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I would like to have him but man I'm scared
No guts, no glory. If they plan on hitting big and filling multiple starting spots, they're going to have to take some risks. Brooks is the risk I'd take in the second though. Limited wear and tear as a redshirt sophomore that really only played last season. Kid has talent and lots of gas left in the tank.

Carson

Reaction score
Sean Lee was the best LB on our team, see how that went, I hear ya though
Wilson missed

2019 - 1 game
- Led the Wolfpack in tackles even though he came off the bench in all but one game that he played in
2020 - 1 game
- Led the ACC in tackles per game with 10.8 - the first Wolfpack player to do so since 2000. That was the highest tackles per game mark for a Wolfpack player since Earl Wolff in 2012.
2021 - 9 games with shoulder injury
2022 - 2 games
2023 - 1 game
-
• The winner of the 2023 Butkus Award (nation’s top linebacker).

• The winner of the 2023 Bednarik Award (nation’s top defensive player).

• The 2023 ACC Defensive Player of the Year.

• A unanimous, consensus first-team All-American. He was honored by AP, AFCA, FWAA, Walter Camp and the Sporting News, along with CBS Sports, USA Today, Sports Illustrated, The Athletic, PFF, College Football Network, Bleacher Report.

vig454

Reaction score
Someone needs to lock up Jerry in the bathroom when the 2nd round pick comes up. He loves to think he is a football genius and will get the steal of the draft. :banghead:
Right! Hopefully, he's getting good consulting advice to stop thinking he's the talent identifying guru that he thinks he is.

starfan1

Reaction score
I hate OSU but I hope we get Tommy Eichenberg and then hope they dont pass alot on him. Dude is solid against the run I hear. I may regret saying this please dont bookmark :laugh:

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He absolutely was pre-injury and was a consensus top 10 pick.

His injury was much different and effected his play.

Wilson just needs to stop getting injured. If doesn’t have any effect on his game day one
But i thought we were speaking draft day. Was for sure a different injury, bad pick, and terrible 2nd contract. Poor jerry and hs pity paychecks.

Carson

Reaction score
But i thought we were speaking draft day. Was for sure a different injury, bad pick, and terrible 2nd contract. Poor jerry and hs pity paychecks.
I think Jaylon hurt his self by being about Jaylon and showboating. He was solid year one. Then he was all about his business, being flashy, celebrating etc