Hoping the Cowboys avoid players with injury concerns

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Jaylon hurt his self by being about Jaylon and showboating. He was solid year one. Then he was all about his business, being flashy, celebrating etc
Was terrible to watch him celebrate over nothing.
However you...er I...could see him hobbling....especially later. A weird regression.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Don’t get it with Wilson. In addition to the injury concerns he is also 24. Not a fan of a one contract player in the second round

Carson

Reaction score
Don’t get it with Wilson. In addition to the injury concerns he is also 24. Not a fan of a one contract player in the second round
Vander Esch played 6 years and made it to 28.

Your hope is he is a stud, comes in and turns the defense around. I am not concerned about 4-5 years from now if we win a Super Bowl in 3.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Yes injuries are apart of the game, but we've been through this for years. Your best availability is your availability! This team has lost a lot of players this off season. Taking a risk on a player coming out of college who has injury concerns, will most likely have them in the NFL.

There's so many players to draft this week, I'm hoping we take a hard look this year at avoiding this. Sometimes I feel because of the trainers we have/doctor, we feel that we're fine. Please give your thoughts on this topic
Well I just starting watching the morning fish show today, and first thing he says is the cowboys are locked in on Brooks the texas RB,
Who tore his ACL last nov.
But he was projected as a round 1 talent, so jerry wants him, since he gets a bargain by getting him in 2nd round !!

Jerry just overlooks that he is a broken player who is no longer a round 1 pick.
I would take him in the 4th if we hadnt wasted that pick on lance, but maybe a 5th for him if still there.
Dallas needs a healthy RB who can start week one, and contribute.

But if fish says they are locked in, that means they will take him in the 2nd and we will have him maybe starting week 1, but he wont
be what he was at texas, it takes time ,maybe another year to get back to what he was if ever.

So OL in rd 1, brooks rd 2 is what it looks like.
There is the DL? who also had a bad injury, and dallas is high on him, guyton. So could be taking 2 injured players lol.

Carson

Reaction score
Well I just starting watching the morning fish show today, and first thing he says is the cowboys are locked in on Brooks the texas RB,
Who tore his ACL last nov.
But he was projected as a round 1 talent, so jerry wants him, since he gets a bargain by getting him in 2nd round !!

Jerry just overlooks that he is a broken player who is no longer a round 1 pick.
I would take him in the 4th if we hadnt wasted that pick on lance, but maybe a 5th for him if still there.
Dallas needs a healthy RB who can start week one, and contribute.

But if fish says they are locked in, that means they will take him in the 2nd and we will have him maybe starting week 1, but he wont
be what he was at texas, it takes time ,maybe another year to get back to what he was if ever.

So OL in rd 1, brooks rd 2 is what it looks like.
There is the DL? who also had a bad injury, and dallas is high on him, guyton. So could be taking 2 injured players lol.
I agree. Dallas is super predictable early and you can pretty much wake up on Saturday and see some kind of combination of

RD 1 - Guyton or Mims
RD 2 - Brooks
RD 3 - Tez Walker / Cedric Gray.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yes injuries are apart of the game, but we've been through this for years. Your best availability is your availability! This team has lost a lot of players this off season. Taking a risk on a player coming out of college who has injury concerns, will most likely have them in the NFL.

There's so many players to draft this week, I'm hoping we take a hard look this year at avoiding this. Sometimes I feel because of the trainers we have/doctor, we feel that we're fine. Please give your thoughts on this topic
Does that mean that you would pass on all 3 of the top centers?