Horrible ice storm in Oklahoma

cowboyec

Reaction score
still no power.
we had hopes when we saw the og&e trucks.
we had to clean out our fridge.
all that food...wasted.
and my wife had just stocked it recently.
and we're not alone in that.
so when the power is restored...there is gonna be another run on food.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
still no power.
all that food...wasted.
Last time my power went off for several days, I had just gone grocery shopping. I need to buy a good generator.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
still no power.
all that food...wasted.
I was really hoping it would be back on by now and did notice at neighborhood Walmart and Homeland they we're very low on meat if they had any at all, thank you again for the invite but I did have a friend invite me over for food and to watch the game hope your power comes back on soon

cowboyec

Reaction score
Last time my power went off for several days, I had just gone grocery shopping. I need to buy a good generator.
we do as well.
its too bad we each dont have one of those cartoon angels on our shoulders....warning us.
"tap-tap.....don't buy that...you'll lose power next week and end up throwing it away."

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We were unaffected by this storm in Kansas. Just rain and some wind. Normally we get some of that ice. Grocery stores here are stocked full. Might be worth a drive if you are desperate for necessities. Good luck. I know what the fine neighbors to the south of us are experiencing.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
After 11 days the power was restored this evening, about 1pm i saw several local OG&E as well as out of state linemen and tree crews around my block and my spirits were immediately lifted. The had it restored around 8pm. The storm left around 400,000 across Oklahoma w/o power and they said by tomorrow they should have EVERYONE up and running. I could go on a rant about neighbors and the electric company keeping trees properly trimmed around main lines as well as lines from your house to the main line but am just happy to be back online. Go Cowboys!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
After 11 days the power was restored this evening, about 1pm i saw several local OG&E as well as out of state linemen and tree crews around my block and my spirits were immediately lifted. The had it restored around 8pm. The storm left around 400,000 across Oklahoma w/o power and they said by tomorrow they should have EVERYONE up and running. I could go on a rant about neighbors and the electric company keeping trees properly trimmed around main lines as well as lines from your house to the main line but am just happy to be back online. Go Cowboys!
Oh man, congrats on getting your power back! 11 days is too long! How have the temperatures been?

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
My son in OKC said that a power crew from Iowa showed up and got them hooked up again. While the downed line was just in their backyard, the power company cut power to their entire block for safety reasosns. After a week and a half, there was much celebration in that neighborhood.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
My son in OKC said that a power crew from Iowa showed up and got them hooked up again. While the downed line was just in their backyard, the power company cut power to their entire block for safety reasosns. After a week and a half, there was much celebration in that neighborhood.

I can imagine, those guys worked their tails off. If was more much complicated that just flipping a switch or replacing a fuse on a power pole.

cowboyec

Reaction score
our's FINALLY came back on last thursday...around 2ish in the pm.
we were out 11 or 12 days.
it's nice to poop with the lights on.
and i really missed my late night perry mason's and twilight zone's.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
our's FINALLY came back on last thursday...around 2ish in the pm.
we were out 11 or 12 days.
it's nice to poop with the lights on.
and i really missed my late night perry mason's and twilight zone's.

Wait a sec, what channels are airing Perry Mason and the Twilight Zone?