Horrible Weather In Philly

The Natural

Reaction score
Well, the weather did have a hand in this one so I don't think the comparisons between the Eagles beating them and us not beating them are valid.

We had no business losing to the detroit lions, none

The Natural

Reaction score
And you're basing that on what? The way they've played in this game?

I'm basing it on how we played them. Unless you want to continue your round of frivolous questions I hope that is the last time you'll be quoting me.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I'm basing it on how we played them. Unless you want to continue your round of frivolous questions I hope that is the last time you'll be quoting me.

Don't be so sensitive. They're not frivolous questions. You asked it in a thread about Horrible Weather in Philly. Your comments didn't come in a thread entitled "Teams we should have beaten but didn't."

So it's only The Natural ;) thing to assume that you're seeing how the Eagles played today and then using that as a bases for your comments.

If you simply believe we should have beaten them, fine. But if you're going to say that in this thread, it's only logical to assume there's some connection between today's game and the Lions and the Cowboys not beating them. And that's why I asked.

But I'm fine with your explanation. However, I would add that the way we played them is the reason why we loss. <shrug>

cachetazo

Reaction score
Why they don't shovel the field on game breaks?
I mean, why only the lines and not the entire field, say at halftime.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score

I think I heard the announcers say that it was against the rules to clear the whole field but that the lines can be cleared.

Fredd

Reaction score
wait, there are rules in NFL games? apparently, the refs just make things up like on the TD "drive" by the Eagles, so I wasn't sure

Christmas came early for the Eagles

tyke1doe

Reaction score

That seemed strange didn't it? How did they keep the numbers clean but not the field? I thought it was computer graphics at first.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think I heard the announcers say that it was against the rules to clear the whole field but that the lines can be cleared.

I remember the snow plow game between the Pats and the Dolphins where the Pats cleared the field giving them the opportunity to make a field goal kick in horrible weather conditions. I wonder if that rule is related to that game.

On another note, can you imagine this weather for the Super Bowl?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I remember the snow plow game between the Pats and the Dolphins where the Pats cleared the field giving them the opportunity to make a field goal kick in horrible weather conditions. I wonder if that rule is related to that game.

On another note, can you imagine this weather for the Super Bowl?

That is a good question. I think the competition committee changed that rule about clearing the whole field to give each team the same game conditions, no advantage for one team or the other.

As far as the SB, if it snowed like this Philly game in the SB, what the hell is Bruno Mars going to do? lol

They cannot possibly have a halftime show in that kind of weather.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
That is a good question. I think the competition committee changed that rule about clearing the whole field to give each team the same game conditions, no advantage for one team or the other.

As far as the SB, if it snowed like this Philly game in the SB, what the hell is Bruno Mars going to do? lol

They cannot possibly have a halftime show in that kind of weather.

LOL! He's going to be frozen stiff. Maybe he'll develop the chilly dance. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
LOL! He's going to be frozen stiff. Maybe he'll develop the chilly dance. :)

Really, what would they do at halftime? You cannot bring out instruments, stages, dancers, etc.

I would love to see what would happen.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Really, what would they do at halftime? You cannot bring out instruments, stages, dancers, etc.

I would love to see what would happen.

I hope it snows, snows, snows. This should be interesting. And it should forever nix the idea of having a Super Bowl in a cold weather city without a dome stadium.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I hope it snows, snows, snows. This should be interesting. And it should forever nix the idea of having a Super Bowl in a cold weather city without a dome stadium.

I agree! That is how football is played. Just like the Mailman, come rain, sleet, or snow. Old school teams never had the benefits of playing in controlled environments.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
That seemed strange didn't it? How did they keep the numbers clean but not the field? I thought it was computer graphics at first.

lmao

It was computer graphics! Or were you just being silly? The announcers even mentioned the computer graphics.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
lmao

It was computer graphics! Or were you just being silly? The announcers even mentioned the computer graphics.

You could definitely tell in some places as the players looked like ghosts when they were around what was superimposed on the broadcast.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
lmao

I watched the game without audio because of weather conditions. I didn't hear that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I watched the game without audio because of weather conditions. I didn't hear that.

Got it. It was kinda of cool though. Amazing what they did with the field markers with technology.

worn

Reaction score
this is how the SB will be this year - we need a Running game - if we plan on winning - if we even get that close

the weather will be cold as hell in NEW YORK IN FEB

that was so stupid by Goodall