Horror Film Recommendations

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Pet Semetary and It are two Stephen King movies that gave me the creeps the first time I saw them.

There should be a special category for zombie movies: the whole living dead series is entertaining, but the original in 1968 by George Romero is my favorite. For pure fun, though, Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are hard to beat.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Pet Semetary and It are two Stephen King movies that gave me the creeps the first time I saw them.

There should be a special category for zombie movies: the whole living dead series is entertaining, but the original in 1968 by George Romero is my favorite. For pure fun, though, Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead are hard to beat.
The Remake of the Living Dead in the 90s was good, they staeyd pretty close to the original. It starred the guy that played in Candyman horror flick.
Honestly most of the late 70s and early 80s horror/slasher flicks are have spot in my heart. I grew up on Nightmare on Elm St and Friday the 13th Franchise. Even watched the campy ones because I watched all the others.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just watched X last night - old school slasher film. Was decent, but didn't get the hype I had heard about it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Just watched X last night - old school slasher film. Was decent, but didn't get the hype I had heard about it.

Ty West's House of the Devil is a far better movie. The Innkeepers is a fine film too. Since then though, it's been downhill. X was a slight return to form, but yeah, not great.

quickccc

Reaction score
The Remake of the Living Dead in the 90s was good, they staeyd pretty close to the original. It starred the guy that played in Candyman horror flick.
Honestly most of the late 70s and early 80s horror/slasher flicks are have spot in my heart. I grew up on Nightmare on Elm St and Friday the 13th Franchise. Even watched the campy ones because I watched all the others.

i guess when they did that remake of Night of the Living Dead, i had expected the same flesh eating blood gore fest that stood out Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead,.. but they kept
the big gore outta of it, It was still interesting enuff though.

i flat out could not sleep the very night i first saw 1978 Dawn of the Dead version, I could not wait for " Dawn" break to finally come.
and i surely could not give away clues to any possible pranksters how scared i was... lol

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Yeah, Tom Savini's remake of "Night" was pretty good IMO. I liked the twist of how different the character of Barbara was in this movie as opposed to the original.

The challenge was two-fold... I think horror fans were "zombied" out by 1990. The other problem was that it was 1990 and for the next several years (until "Scream" came out) the horror genre was at a low point.

Several decent horror films like this one and "People Under The Stairs" were just kinda lost.

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeah, Tom Savini's remake of "Night" was pretty good IMO. I liked the twist of how different the character of Barbara was in this movie as opposed to the original.

The challenge was two-fold... I think horror fans were "zombied" out by 1990. The other problem was that it was 1990 and for the next several years (until "Scream" came out) the horror genre was at a low point.

Several decent horror films like this one and "People Under The Stairs" were just kinda lost.

what movie(s) rejuvenated and brought all the Zombie Mania back ?

It's even world wide for some time now.

Vampires, .. Zombies, ....and Shark movies always seem to be the craze thing......and been that way for some time now. :cool: .

quickccc

Reaction score

It's even world wide for some time now. ( Train to Busan)

Vampires, .. Zombies, ....and Shark movies always seem to be the craze thing......and been that way for some time now. :cool: .

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It's even world wide for some time now.

I'd say three movies helped jump-start the present "zombie era" those being the "Dawn of the Dead" remake, "28 Days Later" and "Resident Evil". There were others at the time like Romero's "Land of The Dead" but I think those 3 really fueled it.

I think other than "The Walking Dead" TV series and spinoffs, the zombie genre has been on a downward path for several years now.

To me most of the shark-movies were more stupid than horrific.

Vampires like werewolf movies ebb & flow.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'd say three movies helped jump-start the present "zombie era" those being the "Dawn of the Dead" remake, "28 Days Later" and "Resident Evil". There were others at the time like Romero's "Land of The Dead" but I think those 3 really fueled it.

I think other than "The Walking Dead" TV series and spinoffs, the zombie genre has been on a downward path for several years now.

To me most of the shark-movies were more stupid than horrific.

Vampires like werewolf movies ebb & flow.
I will admit the Sharknado movies are a guilty pleasure.......

871189877bb37e75e3e35031dc23f421a0-sharknado-1.w710.gif

:laugh:

Praxit

Reaction score
..I might be out of ordinary here. But I've like Halloween town.

They've made 3 installments. FIrst 2 are good.

Its not Gorey or dark. Rather fun story with good characters.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've pimped it before...

"Jeepers Creepers" (2001)

Overall it's a good film.

The first 45 minutes are about as good as a horror movie can get.

The last half goes down a more typical monster movie path–but wow! that first half.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I've pimped it before...

"Jeepers Creepers" (2001)

Overall it's a good film.

The first 45 minutes are about as good as a horror movie can get.

The last half goes down a more typical monster movie path–but wow! that first half.
The new one is getting shredded online. I'll still check it out but people hate it.