Hot Boyz Gone Cold

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Agreed, it is better than 2 years ago or even last year.

Not sure about last year yet. Gregory started to come on as the season progressed. At the moment, we're not seeing a pass rusher his equal in the group we have, but Quinn should be at least that. I like the depth that we've got on the line of solid players with the potential to be more than that, but we still don't have the kind of dominant 3-tech this system needs and consistent right end rusher at this moment.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I don’t think it’s all on the DL. There are 5 OL and a TE to block 4 DL if you never give them any help. For some reason our LBers line up 4-5 yards off the LOS and immediately upon the snap, they start backpedaling. They do this almost every play, even on running downs. So a DL gets double teamed opening up a huge hole and the LBers are now 8-10 yards away letting the RB run free 5-8 yards. They are hardly ever attacking and filling the holes at the LOS and when they try, they seem to just run into the pile instead of actually filling the hole the RB is going to come through. When we are on offense, there seems to be a LBer everywhere our RB tries to go.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Last edited:

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yardage matters and so does idiotic coaching. After the Giants were able to move ball rather easily on most drives then not give the ball to Barkley in 3rd and 1 and on 4th and or whatever it was is mind boggling. That wasn’t the only questionable play calling not to mention the bogus flag that was thrown on Elijah in the red zone.

I’m not saying those plays would have mattered because we still would have most likely outscored them but what I am saying is that if it weren’t for the Giants putrid coaching and a bad flag, there most likely would have been more points. It wasn’t our shut down D and against better offensive teams and better coached teams those yards will matter and will most likely end up being converted to points. They better get their act together ASAP.

What bogus flag? Grounding? He threw the ball away to avoid the sack but didn't get it across the line of scrimmage. That's the textbook definition of grounding.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I 'd wish to interject my opined view,of which see's the 'D' unit's
( overall big picture/league wide ) progressively becoming stronger/less susceptible to penetrating attacks,due to the simple nature of the game , as those fielded 'D' units who continue to lay in waiting of the ambush /prevent mode ,will appear on the stat sheets( anyway) as to being weaker or more porous than those of the dictating or attacking types of inflexible point of attack 'D' units ,and while it's a given fact all 'D' units are of the reactionary types of 'D' units being fielded, that whole season long attrition aspect comes into play, which would seem to lean heavily into the 'D' unit's favour, as it's previously been stated that all 'D' unit's are of the reactionary responsive type of 'D'unit's,,,being that my ulterior overall goal of casually interjecting the term 'D' unit 10 times into this post, without coming across as looking & sounding like a pompous 'D'unit in the process,,,o_O

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not sure about last year yet. Gregory started to come on as the season progressed. At the moment, we're not seeing a pass rusher his equal in the group we have, but Quinn should be at least that. I like the depth that we've got on the line of solid players with the potential to be more than that, but we still don't have the kind of dominant 3-tech this system needs and consistent right end rusher at this moment.

Depth means nothing if you don't have legitimate starters.

aria

Reaction score
What bogus flag? Grounding? He threw the ball away to avoid the sack but didn't get it across the line of scrimmage. That's the textbook definition of grounding.
Was Barkley not in the area or did LVE effect his throw? I was at work and missed it but my co workers said even the announcers said it was a bad call, I looked for a clip but couldn’t find one.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Was Barkley not in the area or did LVE effect his throw? I was at work and missed it but my co workers said even the announcers said it was a bad call, I looked for a clip but couldn’t find one.

To my recollection, the announcers supported the call, or at least Pereira said it was correct. A lot of fans don't understand that a QB isn't required to only get out of the pocket to avoid a grounding call; he also has to get the ball past the line of scrimmage. There was no one who had a chance of catching that ball because he threw it into the ground.

Item 1. Passer or Ball Outside Tackle Position. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, who is outside, or has been outside, the tackle position,throws a forward pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including when the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or endline). If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage (extended) beyond the sideline, there is no intentional grounding. If a loose ball leaves the area bordered by the tackles, this area no longer exists; if the ball is recovered, all intentional grounding rules apply as if the passer is outside this area.

aria

Reaction score
To my recollection, the announcers supported the call, or at least Pereira said it was correct. A lot of fans don't understand that a QB isn't required to only get out of the pocket to avoid a grounding call; he also has to get the ball past the line of scrimmage. There was no one who had a chance of catching that ball because he threw it into the ground.

Item 1. Passer or Ball Outside Tackle Position. Intentional grounding will not be called when a passer, who is outside, or has been outside, the tackle position,throws a forward pass that lands at or beyond the line of scrimmage, even if no offensive player(s) have a realistic chance to catch the ball (including when the ball lands out of bounds over the sideline or endline). If the ball crosses the line of scrimmage (extended) beyond the sideline, there is no intentional grounding. If a loose ball leaves the area bordered by the tackles, this area no longer exists; if the ball is recovered, all intentional grounding rules apply as if the passer is outside this area.

Ok, so Barkley wasn’t close? and what about LVE? I read that he tackled him but could it have effected Eli’s throw?

Item 2. Physical Contact. Intentional grounding should not be called if:

1. the passer initiates his passing motion toward an eligible receiver and then is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the pass to land in an area that is not in the direction and vicinity of an eligible receiver; or
  2. the passer is out of the pocket, and his passing motion is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the ball to land short of the line of scrimmage.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Ok, so Barkley wasn’t close? and what about LVE? I read that he tackled him but could it have effected Eli’s throw?

Item 2. Physical Contact. Intentional grounding should not be called if:

1. the passer initiates his passing motion toward an eligible receiver and then is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the pass to land in an area that is not in the direction and vicinity of an eligible receiver; or
  2. the passer is out of the pocket, and his passing motion is significantly affected by physical contact from a defensive player that causes the ball to land short of the line of scrimmage.

He didn't hit him in time to affect his throwing motion. There was no "significant" effect.

aria

Reaction score
Lawrence and company better knock that rust off, and quick
The good news is they have two more games to do it before the rust really needs to be gone. We might have the easiest first 3 games in the league but things start picking up after that.

aria

Reaction score
He didn't hit him in time to affect his throwing motion. There was no "significant" effect.
Huh, ok, I still want to try to find the play so I can call out one of my trash talking co workers (Texans fan) for being wrong or perhaps I misunderstood him. Regardless, the coaching decisions by the Giants from what I saw and read about are head scratching.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'm on team yardage doesn't matter only points.

The NFL rules aren't made for defenses to be good so if you can keep points off the board that's the main thing anyways.
I'm on the yards matter because against good teams they will end up being points. Hence why our last 2 ousts in the playoffs was the defense giving up 30+ points.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
The good news is they have two more games to do it before the rust really needs to be gone. We might have the easiest first 3 games in the league but things start picking up after that.
The Commanders will not be easy. I hope this team doesn’t have your mentality. They will get their *** whooped in Washington if they do. The skins DL is much better than ours.

JBond

Reaction score
I'm on the yards matter because against good teams they will end up being points. Hence why our last 2 ousts in the playoffs was the defense giving up 30+ points.
I love the DB play when it counted. 1 game. Obviously there are a couple issues that need to be cleaned up. Kind of like Alabama vs a non con.