Houshmanzadeh Trade Rumors?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2318559 said:
Really? Is it just the fact that we associate the players with the teams? Cause I always thought they go to the HoF with the team and such.

Nope that's baseball

jack2

Reaction score
rather go for Wiliams or get someone in next years draft, TJ is 32, To will be 35 next season, gotta get younger!

aikemirv

Reaction score
All TJ does is get open , catch 100 passes a year and convert 1st downs.

Glorified Patrick Crayton - yeah right.:rolleyes:

I think he would fit our team better than Roy Williams.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
This is a rumor probably started by the Bengals to see if there is any interest as it was first reported in a Dayton OH newspaper.

The 49ers have denied any interest.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We can put a man on the moon, and communicate with someone across the world sitting at a park, but we can't figure out how to remove someone's quote from a person we have on ignore. (directed at a comment I wish I didn't see via quote about a straight up trade)

Pabst

Reaction score
I could see this as a possibility, simply because the Bengals are cheap.

I'm sure they'd rather get a few cheap draft picks than pay Houshyamomma whatever the going rate is for premium but not elite Wideouts.

On another note, I wouldn't mind TJ in Dallas solely for that stupid Fantasy Football joke. Championship!

Rudy

Reaction score
I guess in the NFC West, the 49ers really could be a WR away from winning it. I don't know...

joseephuss

Reaction score
aikemirv;2318710 said:

He doesn't catch 100 passes a year. He has one season that he caught more than 100 passes. That was last year when he put up 112 receptions. He caught 90 balls the year before and his 3rd best is 78 receptions. He averages 59.2 catches per year.

I like him. He is good and better than Crayton. He just is not substantially better. It can be debated on whether he is worth a high draft pick to trade to acquire. He does not bring that speed element. He has 5 gains of more than 40 yards in his career, which is now his 8th season. Crayton has the same amount and is now in his 5th season.

I don't think it would hurt Dallas to bring him in, but I also don't think his presence would take Dallas over the top.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
aikemirv;2318710 said:

I bet if we through Crayton 100 passes a yr, he'd have huge catch numbers too...

everyone that thinks this "insert anybody else at #2 WR" thing is the answer for everything, there is only ONE ball to go around. We are not going see a massive difference in the results UNLESS the 2nd WR is somebody who really strikes fear to opposing defenses in terms of getting deep on them. Houzeyourmama is not, never has been and never will be a threat to beat a defense downfield, and he has basically zero run after catch skills. His career yds per catch is terrible. He puts up huge catch totals, but thats as much (if not more) of a product of being in an excellent passing system, with an excellent QB on a team that has no other legit weapons past Chad Johnson. They dont have a bigtime TE and havent in years.

Owens is here and is always going to be the focal point of the passing game. Witten is here and has to be a major part of the game plan. Then we have two great RB's that have to get their attempts. There's only so many touches to go around. Romo is not suddenly going to start completing 75-80% of his passes every week regardless of who is playing out there, which means the total number of receptions we have is not going to change unless we start throwing the ball 45-5-55 times EVERY game.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
what about the Eagles? don't they have a few 1st round picks and need a #1 wr?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rampage;2319039 said:
what about the Eagles? don't they have a few 1st round picks and need a #1 wr?

Eagles front office have already given to much money out.

They are cheap beyond belief.