Houston Astros MLB Playoffs

kskboys

Reaction score
The Yordan Alvarez 3-run bomb (438’) with two runners on and the Astros down 7-5 in the bottom of the 9TH with two away - THAT was THE finest Astros win I’ve ever seen.

Hide your trash cans… ‘Stros are coming at ya!
Yeah, anything that flies that fast should have passengers on it!!!!!!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
The Yordan Alvarez 3-run bomb (438’) with two runners on and the Astros down 7-5 in the bottom of the 9TH with two away - THAT was THE finest Astros win I’ve ever seen.

Thing of beauty. Had to leave to pick son up at airport, told the wife it was 9th inning 2 outs, 2 on with Yordan up, let me watch this HR and we will leave. Half kidding and damned if he did not jack it out of the park. lol

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Runner on 1st, 2 outs only down by 1? No brainer. Walk Yordan. Ooops! Breg singles in Pena.

terra

Reaction score
would like to see a team that has not won it win the world Series.

But honestly baseball died for me once the steroids began.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
would like to see a team that has not won it win the world Series.

But honestly baseball died for me once the steroids began.

yet you watch football? lol Baseball is clearly not immune to such behavior but no difference in other sports where these things have happened as well.

Mannix

Reaction score

You mean the Astericks....the 2017 WS was a total fraud. Game 5 in Houston, the Astericks made contact on 51 of 52 breaking balls....think that isn't cheating???

kskboys

Reaction score
You mean the Astericks....the 2017 WS was a total fraud. Game 5 in Houston, the Astericks made contact on 51 of 52 breaking balls....think that isn't cheating???
If you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel sorry for you, poor losing little silly boy!!!!

RodeoJake

Reaction score

Actually, no. As someone who played baseball for years, I can tell you many hitters know how to spoil good breaking pitches. It's a matter of keeping your hands back and picking up the spin of ball. That's something taught from an early age. The main advantage would be knowing location.

More importantly, we know the Dodgers, Yanks and Bosox were using the same sign stealing technology. Just off the top of my head, I can recall similar instances from as far back as the late 60s. The Cubs used to place someone behind their scoreboard who radioed the pitch to the manager who in turn flashed the sign to the hitter.

Over the years, teams employed many methods of gaining an advantage over pitchers. Doctored bats were as common as doctored baseballs. Then came the steroid era. Ever wondered why players in STL would be great, and then move on to other teams only to never reach the same lofty stats?

For MLB to make a scapegoat of one team to make itself look good is ridiculous. I don't condone cheating, but don't pretend it was isolated to one team when every team does it in some form.

RonWashington

Reaction score
NY Post says “ Hal Steinbrenner “ lucky he can’t get fired ? I didn’t realize Steinbrenner was on the field . Must be a late bloomer to the majors mans in his 60’s if he’s a day old . But the NY press is consistent if nothing else they complained about Hal’s father for decades . At least Steinbrenner has the common sense to have a GM not like someone we know who’s owner GM Radio TV Gadfly etc etc etc

:facepalm:

terra

Reaction score
yet you watch football? lol Baseball is clearly not immune to such behavior but no difference in other sports where these things have happened as well.
I always had higher standard for Baseball. Sorry you did not.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Every team cheats, as far as trying to steal signs go.

No, the Astros should not have cheated, they admitted they did. So have other teams, and they didn't get the vitriol the Astros did.

But to act like the Astros were just this awful team that ruined baseball, etc. just because they used technology instead of hand signals or such to gain an advantage is simply ridiculous.

RodeoJake

Reaction score

No, the Astros should not have cheated, they admitted they did. So have other teams, and they didn't get the vitriol the Astros did.

But to act like the Astros were just this awful team that ruined baseball, etc. just because they used technology instead of hand signals or such to gain an advantage is simply ridiculous.

The real funny thing about the whole mess is Beltran brought the system to Houston from the Yanks. He probably brought it to the Yanks from STL. Now he's acting all saintly being a vocal critic of the Astros. The whole thing has been mishandled from the get go.

kskboys

Reaction score

Yankees and Red Sox got officially warned for the same thing.

I feel sorry for people who are still obsessed w/ this.