Houston Astros MLB Playoffs

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I'm surprised it took 5 homers for Dusty to pull McCullers. I've seen that in the regular season when you don't want to burn out arms in June, but it's basically a best of five for all the marbles beginning tonight and Baker just let this one get away without making a move.

I would tend to agree with Dusty on this one, the Astros aren't hitting, overall, the chance of them scoring 5 or more wasn't great. Yes, it's now a 5 game series, so I believe Dusty's thoughts are that he needs as many pitchers as he can as fresh as he can. Obviously Verlander can't go more than 5 innings before he tires and stops getting people out. Remember he's 39 years old, with very, very few exceptions pitchers don't even make it that far. Dusty will need his relievers as rested as possible.

To me Dusty lost the Series advantage when he left Verlander in too long in game 1, the Phillies began to get hits and walks in the 5th, but Dusty didn't take him out. Losing that game removed Houston's chance to make sure they would return home, if the Phillies win game 2, which they just did, you have what we have - the ability for them to win it at home with 3 straight wins. Actually, I'd prefer that to losing the Series at home, just ask the Yankees and their fans how it feels to watch the opposing team celebrate on your home field...

I would not be at all surprised to see a 4-1 Phillies win, not saying they will, but Houston is rapidly gaining a reputation as World Series chokers...

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Several Philadelphia restaurants refused catering / serving Astros it was reported . Exactly the kind of behavior makes me dislike Philadelphia . It’s not normal .

So you don’t think a private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone?

And “several” was two places that declined the order.

RonWashington

Reaction score
So you don’t think a private business should have the right to refuse service to anyone?

And “several” was two places that declined the order.

You think it’s normal to refuse service because the organization ordering is playing your team in a baseball game . It confirms my opinion of Philly . And where exactly does “ refuse service “ begin and end with you ? What’s a justification , it’s the Astros ?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
You think it’s normal to refuse service because the organization ordering is playing your team in a baseball game . It confirms my opinion of Philly . And where exactly does “ refuse service “ begin and end with you ? What’s a justification , it’s the Astros ?

Refusing service should only be done when there's a detriment to the business, like a dine-in restaurant refusing to serve someone who doesn't have a shirt on, stinks because they haven't had a bath/shower in days, or is cursing/screaming at people, e.g.

It's so silly to refuse service because "it's for the Astros", all you're really doing is losing sales. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, being petty or a number of other things. If they wanted to lose out on a probably several hundred dollar sale, have at it...

RonWashington

Reaction score
Refusing service should only be done when there's a detriment to the business, like a dine-in restaurant refusing to serve someone who doesn't have a shirt on, stinks because they haven't had a bath/shower in days, or is cursing/screaming at people, e.g.

It's so silly to refuse service because "it's for the Astros", all you're really doing is losing sales. It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face, being petty or a number of other things. If they wanted to lose out on a probably several hundred dollar sale, have at it...

People in Texas would welcome a rivals $$$. Plus it’s the decent thing to do .

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
No I’m afraid you have it wrong an Angelo’s pizza joint was quoted as saying “ cater the Astros , are you kidding “ ….had nothing to do with closing .
“DiGiampietro at Angelo’s and Strauss at Mike’s said they had good reasons not to serve the Astros: Angelo’s would have been closed at the time of the desired late-night delivery, and Mike’s serves barbecue, not the requested “Latin food.””
https://www.___GET_REAL_URL___/s/ww...-astros-starving-20221102.html?outputType=amp

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
Ok if that’s what you want to believe be my guest.
““I had a very nice conversation with [a representative of] the Astros,” he said. “I told her that there was no way I could deliver 10 pizzas at 10:30, 11 o’clock at night.” Further complicating the situation, DiGiampietro had tickets for Wednesday’s game and could not be in two places at once.
Not that DiGiampietro has it in for opposing teams. “Hey — I just did 180 [meals] for the [Pittsburgh] Steelers,” he said.“
Meanwhile at Mike’s BBQ, Strauss said the Astros had reached out to request four orders of “Latin food.” Mike’s does not serve Latin food — only American barbecue, as he replied to the Astros.

Strauss, realizing that his shop’s concept was misstated on a restaurant list provided to the team, posted the text exchange with the Astros’ representative. Strauss added the line: “I’m not feeding them ... lol”

you probably also beloved the story that Phillies fans broke the astros bus window where Verlander was sitting.

RonWashington

Reaction score
“ if you think I’d cook for the Astros your out of your mind “ and I quote a man on Angelo’s Instagram account …..the city that bombed Santa with snow balks ho ho no merry Xmas

:facepalm: :angry:

EversonIWasAYoungBoy

Reaction score
“ if you think I’d cook for the Astros your out of your mind “ and I quote a man on Angelo’s Instagram account …..the city that bombed Santa with snow balks ho ho no merry Xmas

:facepalm: :angry:

You do realize there’s no such thing as Santa, right?

I literally showed you the quote and the owner posted the text conversation with the Astros rep…

RonWashington

Reaction score
You do realize there’s no such thing as Santa, right?

I literally showed you the quote and the owner posted the text conversation with the Astros rep…

Yes I know the next day the restaurants thought this is not great pub clean up on aisle 9 . I guess the Angelo’s spokesman quoted as saying you must be crazy if you think I’m cooking for Astros was just a misquoted soul . I bet he believes in Santa . Anyhow you want to believe what you want to that’s your right . I happen to believe it’s right in character . No surprise.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Here’s a thought Houston in a delicious piece of Irony look at this schedule the Eagles are coming to town come on Lovie Smith come up with an Astros game plan .