Houston Pro-Day: possible NT & FB?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Sorry, but after the absolute abortion of a football player that was Andre Ware, I refuse to touch any player that emerges from Couger High

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
If you want a NT on day 2, the ones to watch IMO are Keenan Carter (6'1" 340lb, played NT in Virginia's 3-4), Conrad Bolston (Maryland), Keith Jackson (Arkansas), Kelly Talavou (Utah, overshadowed by Soliai but he was more productive and stronger), Daniel Muir (Kent St., 37 bench presses and a sub 5.0 40-yard dash at 6'2" 303lb), Ola Dagunduro (Nebraska), and Quentin Echols (K State, from Texas and has good size but needs to get stronger).

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
cowboysfan31;1434939 said:
If you want a NT on day 2, the ones to watch IMO are Keenan Carter (6'1" 340lb, played NT in Virginia's 3-4), Conrad Bolston (Maryland), Keith Jackson (Arkansas), Kelly Talavou (Utah, overshadowed by Soliai but he was more productive and stronger), Daniel Muir (Kent St., 37 bench presses and a sub 5.0 40-yard dash at 6'2" 303lb), Ola Dagunduro (Nebraska), and Quentin Echols (K State, from Texas and has good size but needs to get stronger).
I like Soliai bacause I feel he has better upside BUT would be very happy if we pick-up Talavou in 4th-5th.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
silverbear;1434931 said:
Like Battle, don't care much for Love... he seems to be on the lumbering side...
I like the possibilities/versatility Battle could bring.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
5mics;1434947 said:
I like the possibilities/versatility Battle could bring.

I could see him working as a fullback, or in a one-back, two tight end set... with that speed, he'd certainly be a threat as a receiver out of the backfield...

sago1

Reaction score
But can he really block well?

Also I don't think we can wait afford to wait until the 2nd day for a NT like we did for Stanley. Ferguson's is 32 and we need someone who can help Fergie out this year; no one else on the team can realistically do that and we are screwed if he goes down. Tank Tyler & Soliai are good first day picks since they could contribute right away. Alan Branch is first choice but doubt he slips to us unless concern about his motivation pushes him down to us. If he's there at #22, you can bet Cowboys will grab him despite whether a good WR or good CB is there. rst day

burmafrd

Reaction score
Been reading up onSoliai and there are serious questions about his motor; just like Branch. At NT you CANNOT afford a guy with a questionable motor.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Too many 3-4 try to look smart by taking a late round NT. That used to work but with so many 3-4 teams now it doesn't cut it any more. All you get for your late round pick is a big fat guy who everyone gets excited about but never does anything.

That's unfortunately exactly the type of player that Jerry will lobby to keep around for several years.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
abersonc;1435125 said:
Too many 3-4 try to look smart by taking a late round NT. That used to work but with so many 3-4 teams now it doesn't cut it any more. All you get for your late round pick is a big fat guy who everyone gets excited about but never does anything.

I agree... If we are just going to pick another Stanley type, why even bother?

coogrfan

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1434926 said:
Sorry, but after the absolute abortion of a football player that was Andre Ware, I refuse to touch any player that emerges from Couger High

C-O-U-G-A-R.

I know it's a lot to expect from an Aggie, but you can at least spell it right.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
coogrfan;1435520 said:
C-O-U-G-A-R.

I know it's a lot to expect from an Aggie, but you can at least spell it right.

:laugh2:

It's an inside joke amongst the legit colleges in Texas

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
You see, back in 1989, in the days of the old Southwest conference, Texas was playing the cougars in Houston. The longhorns got thrashed 47-9, but the only thing anyone remembers about that game was the group of 7 students seated in the front row of the student section, spelling out "C-O-U-G-E-R-S" on their chests.

coogrfan

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1435531 said:
You see, back in 1989, in the days of the old Southwest conference, Texas was playing the cougars in Houston. The longhorns got thrashed 47-9, but the only thing anyone remembers about that game was the group of 7 students seated in the front row of the student section, spelling out "C-O-U-G-E-R-S" on their chests.

Proof?

And even supposing that this did happen (which I don't believe for a second), Aggies who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/AggiePrep.jpg

;)

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
coogrfan;1435969 said:
Proof?

And even supposing that this did happen (which I don't believe for a second), Aggies who live in glass houses shouldn't cast stones.
http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v72/gocoogs/AggiePrep.jpg

;)

That picture is, and always will be, funny as Hell :lmao2:

I hate Aggies who insist on perpetuating the stereotype...

joseephuss

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1434926 said:

Sorry, that is not a good enough reason to not like players from UH. Ware played in a different time and different system. Plus it was the Detroit Lions that drafted him and placed unreasonable expectations on a QB coming from a run and shoot system. Only the Bengals were dumber when they drafted David Klingler a few years later. They obviously missed the great example of Ware being just a system QB. Of course the Bengals were led by the great NFL mind that is David Shula.

There are more legit reasons to not like these players, but don't lump them in with Ware who played there almost 20 years ago. Yikes, time has gone by. I remember being a freshman in college and walking from the dorm to Kyle Field to watch the Ags beat up on Ware. He had a semi-respectable game in the loss, but it was clear he was only a college QB. If I remember correctly, he got his helmet ripped off his head in the game.