Twitter: Houston Texans hire Jimmy Johnson to advise on GM/HC search

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you think Jimmy would recommend Jerry? It'd add to his legacy here.
I’m surprised Jimmy hasn’t brought his kids into the football management bidness. Jerry’s quarter century of on field success has shown the world that nepotism is the wave of the NFL future.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s pretty safe bet he’d be a candidate, and Jimmy would lend some validation to the hire. I’m sure there are multiple capable candidates on the list, though. It’d be fun to have him back in Texas, though. I like the move to have Jimmy involved by the Texans.
That’s where I can’t agree. I’m not a Houston fan. I’d rather no involvement with the other Texas team.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I mean if Houston goes to a Superbowl their a Texas team. And I'm for Texas. So it's not like your being disloyal to the Cowboys if your pulling for Houston also.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I mean if Houston goes to a Superbowl their a Texas team. And I'm for Texas. So it's not like your being disloyal to the Cowboys if your pulling for Houston also.
Normally I’d agree. I generally root for Texas teams with only two exceptions. The Aggies and Texans.

And it’s about their fans. I’ve been to both stadiums . Just awful fans. Can’t stand them . As bad or worse than Cowboys rival fans. And they hate us as much or worse.

I liked the Oilers. They didn’t hate us like the Texans do. And I root for other Houston teams like Astros who are my baseball team.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Good for Jimmy. Glad to see he's still being embraced around the league.

disclaimer: Not really.

DALLAS (GimmetheNews) --- Jerry Jones today announced an advisory committee to look for GM possibilities.
On the committee will be grandson Gerald Jones IV (junior high), Packman Jones (no relation), Michael Irving just back from treatment, Mike Nolan, Rowdy, Crazy Ray-Man (rapper and grandson of Crazy Ray), and Gil Brandt (for gravitas, whispers Stephen Jones to the press.)
Jerry Jones encouraged them all to consider him, the status quo, which in Chinese means "the same warlord schtuff, man. "I am full of it ... the energy and with botox and hyperbolic treatments I can be a good GM for another 20 years," Jones winked and smiled earnestly.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Normally I’d agree. I generally root for Texas teams with only two exceptions. The Aggies and Texans.

And it’s about their fans. I’ve been to both stadiums . Just awful fans. Can’t stand them . As bad or worse than Cowboys rival fans. And they hate us as much or worse.

I liked the Oilers. They didn’t hate us like the Texans do. And I root for other Houston teams like Astros who are my baseball team.

Texans have no lore other than losing. They are blander than you lad and duller than Greg Hardy.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Someone amongst that committee of six advisors should be able to recommend a suitable GM candidate. At least, Houston's leadership is shaking the bushes in their quest to come up with a suitable GM, while we're helplessly stuck in the mud with GM Jerry.

Would Jerry consider assembling a committee to recommend a GM other than himself? Fat chance -- not as long as he's able to draw breath. Other than that, if Stephen were to consider having daddy committed to a funny farm, he'd likely have done so by now. What a revolting situation! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Someone amongst that committee of six advisors should be able to recommend a suitable GM candidate. At least, Houston's leadership is shaking the bushes in their quest to come up with a suitable GM, while we're helplessly stuck in the mud with GM Jerry.

Would Jerry consider assembling a committee to recommend a GM other than himself? Fat chance -- not as long as he's able to draw breath. Other than that, if Stephen were to consider having daddy committed to a funny farm, he'd likely have done so by now. What a revolting situation! :rolleyes:
I would settle for if he hired the same guys as texans, to find him a real HC !!!!!!!!!!!
Get rid of these clowns, and Hire a new HC, and let him hire the staff.

Jerry will never give up the GM position.

I hate the texans name, and their helmets and uniforms are very ugly.
I was a oiler fan back in the day.
But it was smart of the owner to get jimmy and dungy to give him some advice or help in new
HC.
I could get behind the texans if they went to a traditional nfl uniform, and instead of the black
went to the red, red helmets and red jerseys.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I would settle for if he hired the same guys as texans, to find him a real HC !!!!!!!!!!!
Get rid of these clowns, and Hire a new HC, and let him hire the staff.

Jerry will never give up the GM position.

Not a bad idea but it'd make too much sense. Jerry thinks more in terms of making excuses for his mistakes. He's gotta be Jerry!

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
They should’ve just had someone over for dinner like we did with McCarthy.

Jipper

Reaction score
Actually, I believe part of Jimmy’s expertise will always be needed: How to rebuild a strong culture. If you look at his whole career at all levels, Jimmy was a master builder of a strong football culture. Toughness, vision, and how to motivate. Everything we're missing right now.

good point there bob, I think the intangibles that he brings are massive, I just don’t think he’s got the modern football knowledge to be a gm.....however to your point there are some incredible things that he does bring, id love to see him back in the organization in some capacity

flyinghorse

Reaction score
This is what smart decision making looks like with big decisions. This is what a smart savvy nfl team ownership looks like. And it really is embarrassing to me when I compare it to JJ. & SJ decision making process and approach to building a solid organization. It really does make them look like a couple of bungling amateurs. I know they can’t fix the bungling part but they’ve owned this team a very long time now and you’d think they would of learned SOMETHING along the way.......and yet they keep proving over & over that they haven’t learned a thing. It defies logic. How can this be?

amame25

Reaction score
I wish Jerry would pull his head out of his azz and beg the Jimster to be his GM. They could kiss and make up and go float around the sea on their boats and talk this over.

Coach probably would not even need to leave his house, just watch some tape, hire the right coaches, get rid of the riff raff, right a sinking ship. THREE INCH LETTERS. Super Bowl. Disney land...6.

Oh, well, it was just a thought, now back to your local channel...I'm going to smoke a bowl and write a sad song.

Because that worked so well in Miami. Face it dude, Jimmy/Jerry was lightning in a bottle and wouldn't work within the salary cap even if they put aside their egos.