How about Manny Lawson OLB

neosapien23

Reaction score
junk said:
I wouldn't count on Thornton for anything. Planning for him to do something is similar to going into the season with Rogers, Tucker and Petitti at RT. A few sacks against scrubs in preseason doesn't make me think he can come in after a major injury and be a contributor.

I think the team needs to address TE as well, just not in 1. Wasted pick similar to a FS in one.

Like I said, Carpenter and Lawson are different players. Just my opinion that a Carpenter type is more what they want on the strong side.

You cannot compare Thorton to Rogers. Thorton played through his injury all through training camp, until BP had him have the surgery. Rogers never could deal with playing with pain. I do agree that we shouldn't count on Thorton though. He hasn't proven anything yet.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
You cannot compare Thorton to Rogers. Thorton played through his injury all through training camp, until BP had him have the surgery. Rogers never could deal with playing with pain. I do agree that we shouldn't count on Thorton though. He hasn't proven anything yet.
The only thing that I can say about Thornton is, the guy can get after the QB, but he may have problems with just the Position. But I would hold onto Thornton and either move Fujita to the inside, or let him go in FA. I would also release Singleton, and either Shanle or Fowler has to go.

Rush 2112

Reaction score
I just think the LB's need to get bigger and better.

Canty and Spears will do that this offseason.

NT behind Ferguson needs to get bigger/better.

Spags scoffs at the idea of Fergie being only 310 and so do I.

That's like saying he, Rivera, AJ and Pepper are essentially the same size.

He goes 320-330 IMO.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:

You apparently failed to read my post.

I compared Thornton to the right tackle situation which was comprised of Rogers, Tucker and Petitti. Primarily the fact that it was a key position where Dallas went with a bunch of unknowns.

Counting on Thornton to be the other edge rusher opposite Ware is inviting the same type of mistake. He is an unknown at this point and you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Sometimes I think people don't even read posts. They just look for something to unnecessarily fly off the handle about.

neosapien23

Reaction score
junk said:
You apparently failed to read my post.

I compared Thornton to the right tackle situation which was comprised of Rogers, Tucker and Petitti. Primarily the fact that it was a key position where Dallas went with a bunch of unknowns.

Counting on Thornton to be the other edge rusher opposite Ware is inviting the same type of mistake. He is an unknown at this point and you are fooling yourself if you think otherwise.

Sometimes I think people don't even read posts. They just look for something to unnecessarily fly off the handle about.

No thats not true. If you would have read the rest of my post I agreed with you by saying that we shouldn't count on Thorton. I just didn't think it was fair to compare him with Rogers. I think OLB will be addressed in FA and Fujita will be moved to the inside.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
No thats not true. If you would have read the rest of my post I agreed with you by saying that we shouldn't count on Thorton. I just didn't think it was fair to compare him with Rogers. I think OLB will be addressed in FA and Fujita will be moved to the inside.

So show me where I compared Thornton's injury to Rogers?

Or Thornton to Rogers in any way, shape or form besides the way the team addressed the position?

As a player, I never compared Thornton to Rogers.

neosapien23

Reaction score
junk said:
So show me where I compared Thornton's injury to Rogers?

Or Thornton to Rogers in any way, shape or form besides the way the team addressed the position?

As a player, I never compared Thornton to Rogers.

All right calm down. Don't get your panties in a wad.:) I was just saying that by comparing the situation with Rogers you were indirectly comparing the players.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
All right calm down. Don't get your panties in a wad.:) I was just saying that by comparing the situation with Rogers you were indirectly comparing the players.

All right. Fair enough.

For the record, I don't think Kalen Thornton is anything like Jacob Rogers. :laugh2:

neosapien23

Reaction score
junk said:
All right. Fair enough.

For the record, I don't think Kalen Thornton is anything like Jacob Rogers. :laugh2:

I still agree with your assessment. I think Dallas needs to bring in some young FA linebackers. I'm hoping Akin Adoyele will wear a star next year. Fujita could then slide into the middle and compete with Burnett for the ILB job. I think if that scenario happens Burnett will be stuck riding the pine again.