How about that Defense

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They made a few plays here and there but they also had a lot that were real stinkers.
The pass rush for this game was pretty much missing in action. Sure it is not starters but we
are already thin in that aspect so the depth was not encouraging.

Few of the LB and DBs showed a little something.

What are your thoughts?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Zimmer is going to need a year. The two defenses are polar opposites. Again 24 is a throw away year. for me, the Dak signing or lack there of is a huge factor on where they go forward from here. Call 24 what you will, just not a chance for the SB year.

I also beleive Zimmer will be the next HC, a nice solid pick full of Ho Hum. Exactly what Jerry enjoys.

RonWashington

Reaction score
They made a few plays here and there but they also had a lot that were real stinkers.
The pass rush for this game was pretty much missing in action. Sure it is not starters but we

What are your thoughts?

Darius Harris the ex Chief needs to make this team at LB or he will be a Washington Commander .

CCBoy

Reaction score
Overshown should be up to 100 percent for the Cowboys' Week 1 matchup against the Cleveland Browns, allowing the team to take the training wheels off of him.

Overshown, who missed his entire rookie season in 2023 due to an ACL tear, was a standout player in college and is poised to make an immediate impact on the Cowboys' defense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/demarvion-overshown-dallas-cowboys-2024-first-time-pro-bowler

Here is one player that is going to be showing up for Dallas and against the run

slick325

Reaction score
I'm definitely concerned that the pass rush and turnovers won't be there this season.

Not that I want a feast or famine defense. I wish Dallas can have a stout run defense, create pressure with just four, and create turnovers at the same time.

kskboys

Reaction score
Here's what I think/saw:

Zimmer's D is a legit NFL type D. For the first time in years, I saw players where they needed to be, I saw good upfront play, I saw LB's and S's making plays.

75boyz

Reaction score

What are your thoughts?
Pass rush is a major concern.

I base this on how Lawrence and Parsons have disappeared after Thanksgiving the last couple of years.

Whether its been because of being worn down from too many snaps/ conditioning...
They've both lost their legs after the last 2 Turkey days.

Heck, you even had Tank saying "we were tired" by the time GB smoked us in the playoff game.

And DEs Gholston, Muhammad and Kneeland are not as good pass rushers as those lost imo. ie Armstrong, Williams and Fowler.

Very concerned about this.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Losing Sam hurt, but Tank is a solid pass rusher.
Dallas has two of the NFL's very best DE's from the start. It from the start has one of the best DT's available and a strength of size to discourage the run. The secondary and linebackers as a group are much better as well.

4lifecowboy

Reaction score
Pass rush is a major concern.

I base this on how Lawrence and Parsons have disappeared after Thanksgiving the last couple of years.

Whether its been because of being worn down from too many snaps/ conditioning...
They've both lost their legs after the last 2 Turkey days.

Heck, you even had Tank saying "we were tired" by the time GB smoked us in the playoff game.

And DEs Gholston, Muhammad and Kneeland are not as good pass rushers as those lost imo. ie Armstrong, Williams and Fowler.

Very concerned about this.
I think the DTs added will lighten the need for the edge rushers to have to be the sole provider of a pass rush. I think their additions are not only for run help, but also to free lanes for pressure up the middle from blitzes.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
If any other franchise had the talent we have on this team they wouldn't be rebuilding. But since our team is filled with the softest offensive and defensive players ever they will wilt at the first sign of trouble. Nobody can name 10 defenses better than Dallas talent wise

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

What are your thoughts?
Yeah, they lost a LOT of snaps from last year at defensive end when they lost Armstrong, Fowler, and then Sam Williams. Williams’ loss especially was a big blow that they couldn’t have planned for.

Outside of Parsons, I think pass rush is a weakness.

75boyz

Reaction score
I think the DTs added will lighten the need for the edge rushers to have to be the sole provider of a pass rush. I think their additions are not only for run help, but also to free lanes for pressure up the middle from blitzes.
I hope you are right. But Zimmer's history is based on not being very blitz heavy. He's pretty dependent on his front 4 applying pressure and for that reason I'm concerned.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I think this defense is in a world of trouble. Pass rush is anemic. They at least have some bodies at DT now, but i'm not sure how good any of them are anymore. The secondary is depleted. Losing bland for half the season is big trouble, especially with diggs coming off ACL.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The run defense will be much improved.

The pass rush will primarily be provided by Micah. Whenever he gets gassed, it’s going to fall off.