How about that Defense

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I'm definitely concerned that the pass rush and turnovers won't be there this season.

Not that I want a feast or famine defense. I wish Dallas can have a stout run defense, create pressure with just four, and create turnovers at the same time.
this right here, but if we can be more disciplined i'll be fine with that

Creeper

Reaction score
Lawson got some plays in last night and didn't show much but it is his first game, and I am not sure he was going 100%. I am concerned about the pass rush, but I wonder once the starters are in there, meaning Osa, Micah, DLaw, and the starting DTs, teh rush should be better.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Overshown should be up to 100 percent for the Cowboys' Week 1 matchup against the Cleveland Browns, allowing the team to take the training wheels off of him.

Overshown, who missed his entire rookie season in 2023 due to an ACL tear, was a standout player in college and is poised to make an immediate impact on the Cowboys' defense.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/demarvion-overshown-dallas-cowboys-2024-first-time-pro-bowler

Here is one player that is going to be showing up for Dallas and against the run
I think this defense is geared towards finally stopping the run but will they? Pressure with blitzes and disguised blitzes will get players in position to get to the qb but will they? A lot of unknown excitement is coming our way this season. Defense should be especially interesting to see jell and develop as a unit.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Lawson got some plays in last night and didn't show much but it is his first game, and I am not sure he was going 100%. I am concerned about the pass rush, but I wonder once the starters are in there, meaning Osa, Micah, DLaw, and the starting DTs, teh rush should be better.
Might need to call up some help from outside! Wonder what a player cut can help us do, or maybe yannick (if his price is right!)

Aven8

Reaction score
Here's what I think/saw:

Zimmer's D is a legit NFL type D. For the first time in years, I saw players where they needed to be, I saw good upfront play, I saw LB's and S's making plays.
This. Has a chance to be really good this year.

Just need another dynamic DE unfortunately

blueblood70

Reaction score
They made a few plays here and there but they also had a lot that were real stinkers.
The pass rush for this game was pretty much missing in action. Sure it is not starters but we
are already thin in that aspect so the depth was not encouraging.

Few of the LB and DBs showed a little something.

What are your thoughts?
right how about those 3/4/5/6th stringers in a meaningless preseason game and make a special post about backups playing around other backups!!!!:espn::thumbdown::popcorn::lmao2::muttley::lmao::laugh::omg:

quickccc

Reaction score
They made a few plays here and there but they also had a lot that were real stinkers.
The pass rush for this game was pretty much missing in action. Sure it is not starters but we

What are your thoughts?

I keep in mind that the Defense vs Chargers had the likes of Fehoko and Booth ...two players that suck and should definitely not be on this 53 roster.

I think Woods and Bell have knack for making plays. i'm for seeing another look at Buddy Johnson more
Too bad that Hall was injured an didn't get on the field - when he really to showcase and help solidify a roster spot . maybe IR now

I'm not encouraged about our pass rush without Parsons and Osa. and i think Dlaw's rush comes in smaller and smaller spells at this point.
at reg season time, we're gonna see more and more LB-S blitzes.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Losing Sam hurt, but Tank is a solid pass rusher.
it's a lot more than salad he don't stack sacks bu he puts up pressure smacks down balls and turns plays away from him..facts go see his pressure rate.. stop breaking down games that mean no....5th stringers playing vanilla defense lmao ..

this entire thread is cringe worthy...

blueblood70

Reaction score
kudos for another cringe worthy post.lmao :welcome:.to Preseason overreactions.:flagwave:

shabazz

Reaction score
The run defense will be much improved.

The pass rush will primarily be provided by Micah. Whenever he gets gassed, it’s going to fall off.
Dr C, what leads you to assume that the run defense will be MUCH improved?

Zimmers scheme? DT Joseph and the 3 new linebackers?

I'm not seeing the insurgence of high level talent that would require the interior line to be much improved but perhaps I'm wrong

blueblood70

Reaction score
you mean in a real game where they prep al week , watch film, break down opponents, and install game plans and scheming VS vanilla winging it? . Huh, odd concept. :laugh: :muttley: :lmao2: :popcorn:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They've acquired 5 defensive linemen in the last several weeks with Broaddus telling us they are in discussions to add another via trade.

That tells you what they think of the current state of their line. To be scrambling like this weeks before the season shows how inept they are. This is front office mismanagement.

gtb1943

Reaction score
it's a lot more than salad he don't stack sacks bu he puts up pressure smacks down balls and turns plays away from him..facts go see his pressure rate.. stop breaking down games that mean no....5th stringers playing vanilla defense lmao ..

this entire thread is cringe worthy...
I guarantee no OC in the NFL is worried about Tank Lawrences pass rush

gtb1943

Reaction score
I'm definitely concerned that the pass rush and turnovers won't be there this season.

Not that I want a feast or famine defense. I wish Dallas can have a stout run defense, create pressure with just four, and create turnovers at the same time.
Feast or Famine usually means feast when it does not matter and famine when it does

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Outside Micah there aren't a lot of pure pass rushers on the team. Zimmer gonna have to scheme up pressure.
One of the best blitzing safeties in Wilson would help a little especially on Micahs side since he will be getting double teamed a lot. This team really needs an inside push, hasn't had one since Hatcher/Ratliff years.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I keep in mind that the Defense vs Chargers had the likes of Fehoko and Booth ...two players that suck and should definitely not be on this 53 roster.

I think Woods and Bell have knack for making plays. i'm for seeing another look at Buddy Johnson more
Too bad that Hall was injured an didn't get on the field - when he really to showcase and help solidify a roster spot . maybe IR now

I'm not encouraged about our pass rush without Parsons and Osa. and i think Dlaw's rush comes in smaller and smaller spells at this point.
at reg season time, we're gonna see more and more LB-S blitzes.
https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-best-p...ics-nick-bosa-myles-garrett-t-j-watt-and-more

DeMarcus Lawrence is so underrated i think you don't even notice he may not get to the QB a lot for sacks but his win rate is nearly as good as Parsons look down at that list. Means he beats his guy initially makes the pocket dirty and BTW he also very good at stopping and deflecting balls, finding fumbles and best DE on the team at stopping the run..

together on the starting line we are a top rushing team. because if you look close at defensive interior tackles Osa is in there as well pressures and win rate % but so is TANK!

I can imagine this parsons-Phillips-Osa- Tank thats is very goo unit possibly top 5 but for sure top 10.. im not concerned as Lawson, Gholston, and Kneeland rotating in and with Zims d likes to bring blitzes from all over like LB, S and corners disguises it well. i don't see much of drop off from last year. wait for real game plans and scheming..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We’ll be as good as our offense can take us.

That’s how the NFL is designed.

Defense is not a thing anymore. It’s for slowing down offenses and hopefully getting some takeaways to get more offensive opportunities.

All NFL defenses are terrible.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

What are your thoughts?
I think the Boys are going to struggle bigtime at the corner positions. With Diggs coming back from knee surgery and Bland going down with a broken foot, it doesn't look good for the defense.

kskboys

Reaction score
They've acquired 5 defensive linemen in the last several weeks with Broaddus telling us they are in discussions to add another via trade.

That tells you what they think of the current state of their line. To be scrambling like this weeks before the season shows how inept they are. This is front office mismanagement.
^^^^^^extreme^^^^^^^