How bad do you expect this defense to be really?

Frozen700

Reaction score
When have we really went up against a weak offense, and we are able to walk away saying "too easy?"

Setackin

radioactivecowboy88
Reaction score
Top 5 worst of all time, no joke... I have no confidence.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Put it this way, if you went around and picked out the oldest Zoners and asked them to play D for the Cowboys, there wouldn't be much of a drop off. Though after the first game I'm sure 90% of them would be on the injury list Lol.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Haven't we already done one of these threads.

It's deja vu all over again. :)

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
If they can continue to get healthy and stay relatively stable throughout the year.....I say they finish somewhere between (16-24), if they lose Melton and one other starter on the line it will get ugly.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
well, up is the answer i think..this one will be a work in progress, i hope as the year work on it will get better. near the end maybe a kick in the right direction.

fifaguy

Reaction score
I think it's hard to gauge at this point since some of our better players haven't even played a down yet. Will be interesting to re-visit this thread once everyone is back healthy. (Knock on wood)

RS12

Reaction score
Bad, I see little to no talent on defense. Not one difference maker. Very few who would start on other teams.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
A defense with untalented players like the Golden Cock in starter roles is not going to be a very good defense. We will know a lot more of how bad, or average we are going to be after Sunday.

scottsp

Reaction score
Expansion teams throughout history should take great offense to any such comparison

cowboys1981

Reaction score
The defense can only get better. Missing our one tech, and WDE doesn't help. Adding Melton, McClain, and Lawrence in the should help ALOT. These guys have taken a combine total of zero snaps. We know both Melton and McClain can push the line and get pressure. Lawrence is unproven at the NFL level.

With all that being said, all we've seen is our 2nd n 3rd string getting pushed around and when you see that through 4 games it can get to someone who is looking for some form of hope in any capacity.

I believe once we get these guys healthy and in action we'll see an improvement over what we've seen this past month.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The defense can only get better. Missing our one tech, and WDE doesn't help. Adding Melton, McClain, and Lawrence in the should help ALOT. These guys have taken a combine total of zero snaps. We know both Melton and McClain can push the line and get pressure. Lawrence is unproven at the NFL level.

With all that being said, all we've seen is our 2nd n 3rd string getting pushed around and when you see that through 4 games it can get to someone who is looking for some form of hope in any capacity.

I believe once we get these guys healthy and in action we'll see an improvement over what we've seen this past month.

Hey, when you have the time, I was wondering if you can fill me in on how we know Terrell McClain can get pressure.