How bad do you expect this defense to be really?

wileedog

Reaction score
It's a rather extreme view.

Is it? If you looked at this defense on paper last year the day before the first game, it was much better than it looks on paper today. I don't think that is even arguable.

A couple more injuries like last year (and we already have some of those and a suspension), a couple of players who don't get better or develop (Mo, Carter, Wilcox), a couple of guys who are actually the JAGs they have always been (Mincey, TMcClain, Selvie) and I can easily see things being worse than last year.

In fact I think a whole lot more has to go right for it to be better than has to go wrong for it to be worse.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have no expectations from this defensive unit whatsoever. :thumbdown:

chicago JK

Reaction score
They won't be good. That is not to say they won't get 3 and outs or really look good at times. They will even have some good games where they cause problems. Although at the end of the year I can't see how they are not a top 5 bottom defense. Their talent on that side of the ball is vastly less than most every other team.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
We're going to be bad. Really, really, really bad. Unless someone turns into superman on the line, or Carter becomes the second coming of LT, we're in a world of hurt.

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
All i can say is i see a lot of BEERS in my future!!!! Hopefully not more then last year...i guess that is good or bad depending on how you look at things!!!!