How can we best defend against the Lamar-Henry rushing combo?

gtb1943

Reaction score
stack the box; contain Lamar and force him to beat us with his arm. That is the best plan. PUT a spy on him.
I just question if we have the ability up front to do this.

Flamma

Reaction score
You honestly believe the Giants game is a gimme? I know we had it easy with them last season, but if we are reeling at 1-2 no way can you just mark that game down as a win. If you trust the Cowboys that much you haven’t been watching them very closely. Not saying we shouldn’t beat the Giants, but it’s not a guarantee. We’ll see how we look on Sunday then analyze that game.
No. I was just messing around. No game is a gimme.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No. I was just messing around. No game is a gimme.
There’s some fans who seem to think there are gimmes. Even when the Cowboys lay eggs like we saw last week there’s some fans that still like to markdown wins.

RFABR

Reaction score
Well, I'm pretty sure that lining up #11 out wide every snap isn't the way. Let's see if our coaches think the same.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
To answer the question in your thread title—We can’t and won’t.

That score…is awfully…. ingenious, don’t you think? This team isn’t going to hold one of the best running teams in the league to 27 when they just allowed old Alvin Kamara what felt like 300+ rushing yards and 10 rushing TD’s. We are going to get gashed and dashed (literally).

This offense ain’t scoring 30 either. Might be more like
Ravens 56’
Cowboys 20 (accounting for a last minute garbage time, stat padding TD from the 60 mil QB)
We are not the Raiders or Commodes, harsh lad.
Even these defenceless Cowboys can rise to the occasion.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Clarification, the 297 rushing yards was the Ravens total for 2 games, not the average.
Me cheeks are red.
Me facial cheeks, you wise guys.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Baltimore a physical team likes to run has the QB to pull off the RPO has been known to bring tough defenses into the playoffs is 0-2 and desperate. They’re even yapping about Harbaugh’s job in Charm City .

I suggest the Cowboys start fast and not depend on the soccer player so much ….finish drives Dak help out that struggling defense.
They'll be angry that day. Angrier than the sea, my friend.

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
To answer the question in your thread title—We can’t and won’t.

That score…is awfully…. ingenious, don’t you think? This team isn’t going to hold one of the best running teams in the league to 27 when they just allowed old Alvin Kamara what felt like 300+ rushing yards and 10 rushing TD’s. We are going to get gashed and dashed (literally).

This offense ain’t scoring 30 either. Might be more like
Ravens 56’
Cowboys 20 (accounting for a last minute garbage time, stat padding TD from the 60 mil QB)
You mean disingenuous.
But I'm not.
Both teams are desperate. Their team has the best QB and it will be close.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Keep them off the field by riding Rico Dowdle.

This is going to be a long season.

Big D

Reaction score
Micah needs to play from the linebacker position so that he's not neutralized by the tackle /tight end /running back chip combo every play for starters .