How can we best defend against the Lamar-Henry rushing combo?

Praxit

Reaction score
..get more men on the line. Gonna have to risk it few times.
Hit Henry in the backfield. Can't let the guy get running start. Or he's hard to bring down.

plasticman

Reaction score
You keep the Raven offense off the field.

Th Cowboys offense must sustain drives and score. They have to reduce opportunities for the Raven offense. The Cowboys must not turn the ball over.

If the Cowboys offense can efficiently score and take time off the clock then fatigue won't be a factor for their defense.

It's time for Tolbert, Cooks, Schoonmaker, and Dowdle to step up and be a factor in the outcome of this game. The Cowboys can't base their gameplan on a hobbled Lamb and Ferguson.

This game will tell us what we really have on offense this season.

Against the Ravens, the offense needs to be our best defense.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry combined have averaged 297 rushing yards in 2 games.
The Ravens' passing is almost pedestrian, so our sorry secondary will get a break.
But our run defence, as developed by old man Zimmer, will be teSted, teSted with a capital S!
I can't say enough about how sorry our run defense is.
Do you think Old Man Zim can adjust?
I am not holding me breath.

Cowboys 30
Ravens 27
Get a gun

mmohican29

Reaction score
I honestly think we're screwed for '24.

The Saints did anything they wanted with zero resistance. The Ravens are probably even better.

I think this team is another loss like last week's from an early season fold.

visionary

Reaction score
Lamar Jackson and Derrick Henry combined have averaged 297 rushing yards in 2 games.
The Ravens' passing is almost pedestrian, so our sorry secondary will get a break.
But our run defence, as developed by old man Zimmer, will be teSted, teSted with a capital S!

Cowboys 30
Ravens 27
We cant

(Next question)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zimmer will do his old bend but don't break philosophy.
He cannot afford to bring pressure because it will lead to huge gashes. He's likely planning to hold them under 21 and let the offense win the game.
Likelihood of this happening? 40%

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Zimmer will do his old bend but don't break philosophy.
He cannot afford to bring pressure because it will lead to huge gashes. He's likely planning to hold them under 21 and let the offense win the game.
Likelihood of this happening? 40%
I don't get the infatuation with people thinking we should blitz, like you said it leaves GASHES in our defense, guys go wide open all because we brought more than they could block, but somehow our blitz gets picked up

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't get the infatuation with people thinking we should blitz, like you said it leaves GASHES in our defense, guys go wide open all because we brought more than they could block, but somehow our blitz gets picked up
Blitzing is the surest way to a quick death for us.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You keep the Raven offense off the field.

Th Cowboys offense must sustain drives and score. They have to reduce opportunities for the Raven offense. The Cowboys must not turn the ball over.

If the Cowboys offense can efficiently score and take time off the clock then fatigue won't be a factor for their defense.

It's time for Tolbert, Cooks, Schoonmaker, and Dowdle to step up and be a factor in the outcome of this game. The Cowboys can't base their gameplan on a hobbled Lamb and Ferguson.

This game will tell us what we really have on offense this season.

Against the Ravens, the offense needs to be our best defense.
Keeping their offence off the field is a brilliant concept.
The key is to run, run, run the ball with a 4.0 ypc.
Unfortunately, our running game canna sustain long drives. In fact, our running game is the worst in 30 years.
No way we keep the Ravens O off the field.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Cowboys 30
Ravens 27
Maybe we just let them score so they don't eat up the clock. Is that better than giving up 6 5 minute TD's in a row???

LysleE

Reaction score
Cowboys need to sustain drives ending with TDs thus keeping the Ravens offense off the field.

Steve007

Reaction score

Cowboys 30
Ravens 27
Dak will put his team on his back (That is why he is paid the big bucks) and out score the ravens. He just needs to be reminded that it's not a playoff game.

Shane612

Reaction score
The best way to keep those two off the field is for Dallas offense to sustain drives and keep the ball away from them.
But I keep hearing that Dak doesn’t have any talent around him to do that.
Oh well. Sucks to be the cowboys, I guess.

kskboys

Reaction score

Cowboys 30
Ravens 27
Go back in time and draft some quality DT's and LB's instead of gimps and TE's.