How can we neutralize Payne and Allen?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The Commanders have beef up front, thank goodness they gave away 2 pass rushers we don't have to worry about. They still have Payne and Allen, will our running game be used, or will dak have to throw it 50+ times this game???? Please give your thoughts on how we can neutralize these guys at least.

btgboys41

Reaction score
I think early on we should run outside and make them chase. Their DEs now stink, and the LBs are their worst position group. Get the runners going outside and tire them big boys out. That’s when we run. Their CBs are easy game too.

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the Cowboys coming out and playing a going through the motions game.

If they come out with fire and really play to win they will be more than ok.
I think the Boys really get amped-up playing at home; their record demonstrates that. And why wouldn't they? They have the coolest sports palace in the country.

Counting on a low-probability of indigestion over Thanksgiving dinner.

Creeper

Reaction score
It is a division game and these games have a habit of being way more difficult than they should be. One thing we know is the Commanders can throw the football. But we also know they can't protect the QB. The Cowboys have to shore up the run defense and get the Commanders in 3rd and long situations. But they can't get lazy or lose focus. I think the Commanders are a lot like Arizona in terms of the talent they have. They lost to the Giants because they turned it over 6 times. I don't expect them to do that again. This is a game where Diggs would be really helpful to have.

bigE79

Reaction score
The Commanders have beef up front, thank goodness they gave away 2 pass rushers we don't have to worry about. They still have Payne and Allen, will our running game be used, or will dak have to throw it 50+ times this game???? Please give your thoughts on how we can neutralize these guys at least.
Get Conrad Dobler out of retirement..he might be old but I'm sure he'd still be dirty as hell and get them kicked out of the game for fighting...lol

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, let's be less efficient on purpose! What a great strategy!

It's not 1995.
An O built on passing the ball profusely is the least efficient O there is. Only exception is when the short passing game works as the running game.

Also, in an O built on mostly passing, your QB is a sitting duck, making him more prone to sacks and injury.

I've already explained this to you. Do you listen to anything?

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think early on we should run outside and make them chase. Their DEs now stink, and the LBs are their worst position group. Get the runners going outside and tire them big boys out. That’s when we run. Their CBs are easy game too.
This , toss the ball to Pollard and have blockers in front .

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm more concerned with the Cowboys coming out and playing a going through the motions game.

If they come out with fire and really play to win they will be more than ok.
This right here. I think the Cowboys might have figured it was going to be easy in Carolina. The final score suggested it was, but they looked like they were playing down to the Panthers' level for three quarters on Sunday.

I want the Cowboys to come out Thursday, hit Washington in the mouth, and never let up, similar to what they did against the Giants a couple weeks ago.

Havic

Reaction score
I wasn’t that impressed with dak in Carolina. I think part of that was cd playing hurt. We shouldn’t have trouble with this game, but I have a feeling we will come out flat

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think early on we should run outside and make them chase
Yup. And roll Dak out, go with quick slants to CeeDee and Cooks, put tight ends to help block, keep Luepke in to block and on run plays.

Tough to defend a good NFL team with only a good inside d-line, if the good NFL team can move the ball, which Dallas can.

Division games are nearly always tough (well, except for playing the Giants the last 14 games!), but this game will come down to coaching, imho, and "Riverboat Ron" has me a bit worried...

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
you know we don't run outside, why would we do it now