How can we neutralize Payne and Allen?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Danny DeVito put up 24 points on them, scoring shouldn't be a problem as long as Dallas doesn't have a ton of penalties.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I think the Boys really get amped-up playing at home; their record demonstrates that. And why wouldn't they? They have the coolest sports palace in the country.

Counting on a low-probability of indigestion over Thanksgiving dinner.
And we have running water, hot and cold! :muttley:

fansince68

Reaction score
I think early on we should run outside and make them chase. Their DEs now stink, and the LBs are their worst position group. Get the runners going outside and tire them big boys out. That’s when we run. Their CBs are easy game too.
Makes sense to me. Guaranteed it won't happen. This team certainly can get weird around this time of year.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
This Washington team had 9 sacks last week against the Giants. I know, it's the Giants. We had a bunch of sacks vs them the week before. But the point is, even with trading their 2 DE players, they are still getting after the QB. Our OL needs to show up and show out or it could be a long day for one Dak Prescott.

quickccc

Reaction score
Errrr.. you neutralize Allen and Payne by successfully blocking them.

New Bulletin: We are Not the NY Giants' OL unit.

I cannot recall Allen/Payne just going off on us ...
.. in fact we frustrated them as such, that they even Turned On each other in a sideline physical fight in front of the world to see !

And with Tyler Smith and Zack Martin I'm not the least bid worried.

slick325

Reaction score
Off tackle runs, sweeps, tosses, jet sweeps will not only potentially neutralize their dynamic DTs, but it will play to the strength of the starting RB and #88 as well as #9.

Get those big dudes moving sideways versus straight up the field. Middle screens will make them think about pinning their ears back and attacking up field.

Once you get them thinking and moving sideways, they will be less disruptive. IMHO.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dink and dunk to CeeDee and Pollard will be enough. Our defense will carry the day.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm more concerned with the Cowboys coming out and playing a going through the motions game.

If they come out with fire and really play to win they will be more than ok.
I fail to understand this mindset of going through the motions.

reddyuta

Reaction score
This will be a tough game.Skins always play us tough no matter the record.I think it will come down to TOs ,Dak should not take any unnecessary risks.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The Commanders have beef up front, thank goodness they gave away 2 pass rushers we don't have to worry about. They still have Payne and Allen, will our running game be used, or will dak have to throw it 50+ times this game???? Please give your thoughts on how we can neutralize these guys at least.
They got rid of their edge players.

Pass the ball and when you do run, run to the edges.