How can we neutralize Payne and Allen?

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
If Danny DeVito can light the commanders defense up......I'm sure Ole Daky boy can do the same!

baltcowboy

Reaction score
The Commanders have beef up front, thank goodness they gave away 2 pass rushers we don't have to worry about. They still have Payne and Allen, will our running game be used, or will dak have to throw it 50+ times this game???? Please give your thoughts on how we can neutralize these guys at least.
I will never understand how they were so bad defensively with Sweat and Young. Just mind boggling. :huh:

Carson

Reaction score
I wasn’t that impressed with dak in Carolina. I think part of that was cd playing hurt. We shouldn’t have trouble with this game, but I have a feeling we will come out flat
Carolina isn’t a bad team in Carolina. They stink on the road.

They allowed
-New Orleans (20)
-Minnesota (14) 7 points off fumble TD
-Houston (13)
-Indianapolis (13) 14 points off pick 6s
-Dallas (26) 7 off of pick 6.

Their offense is bad. Their defense plays well at home and has limited teams from scoring.

Carson

Reaction score
I will never understand how they were so bad defensively with Sweat and Young. Just mind boggling. :huh:
Garbage linebacker player, subpar cornerback play.

St.Juste has his moments and Forbes is learning. Curl is a beast at safety. But once you hit the second level they arent great.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Commanders have beef up front, thank goodness they gave away 2 pass rushers we don't have to worry about. They still have Payne and Allen, will our running game be used, or will dak have to throw it 50+ times this game???? Please give your thoughts on how we can neutralize these guys at least.
They should run more to the outside anyway. That is more to Pollard's strength.

817Gill

Reaction score
The same way we deal with them every other time we play and beat them? Pretty sure Dak is like 6-2 verse those guys, one loss being a FG game the week before the Amari trade in 2018.

Not sure why we act like we don’t beat these guys all the time. Plus, they just got rid of their best DE’s. If we show up to play we’ll be fine.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Garbage linebacker player, subpar cornerback play.

St.Juste has his moments and Forbes is learning. Curl is a beast at safety. But once you hit the second level they arent great.
Just shows how important guys like Bell, Clark, Wilson, Kearse, Hooker, and Lewis are for our defense.

stiletto

Reaction score
We will get the Commanders best shot of course. Their secondary is trash, so no reason not to try to light it up passing, get the ball out quick. I would say they are a better run stopping team for sure. Bottom 4 defense this year which is surprising. It's what they have relied on the last few years. I'm sure they will try to run on us as our Rush defense still sucks.

John813

Reaction score
Run up the gut with Pollard.

Maybe right inbetween Payne and Allen.

conner01

Reaction score
Be creative. Use their speed and aggression against them by trapping. Run on edges to and make them chase. Stay out of long 3rd downs.

btgboys41

Reaction score
Yup. And roll Dak out, go with quick slants to CeeDee and Cooks, put tight ends to help block, keep Luepke in to block and on run plays.

Tough to defend a good NFL team with only a good inside d-line, if the good NFL team can move the ball, which Dallas can.

Division games are nearly always tough (well, except for playing the Giants the last 14 games!), but this game will come down to coaching, imho, and "Riverboat Ron" has me a bit worried...
Rivera actually gives me comfort, not worried.

offlimits

Reaction score
Puhlease... the Vagiants had no issues at all against them last week.

Loso86

Reaction score
Tyler and Zach