How come we aren’t talking about Wentz anymore?

Ddisco22

Reaction score
There used to be a few weekly threads on Carson Wentz, and now... nothing. What gives?

Oh, right. Because his 5-6 record (2nd losing season in 3 years) that the Wentz crowd tried blaming on his supporting cast looks like complete garbage compared to what NICK FOLES is doing. LOL!

Foles, the Super Bowl MVP, is 3-1 this season and just beat the Rams and Texans. With the same team that Wentz couldn’t crack .500 with.

Wentz isn’t clutch and his stats don’t translate to many wins. Philly was the absolute WORST scoring team in the 1st quarter this season... now add the fact that Wentz is hilariously un-clutch with the game on the line (3 for 11 on game-winning drives??) and there’s your 5-6 record.

Foles has completely exposed Wentz and I LOVE IT. What happened to the CowboysZone Wentz Wagon???
:lmao2:
Who?!???

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Coming off a very serious injury and now injured again with a broken vertebrae.....Before he injured his knee, he was arguably the leading MVP candidate, He's not going anywhere for a long time, we'll be cursing him and the eagles for years to come...

I hope your right and Philly pays Wentz a boat load of money and forces Foles out. Fact is Foles is outplaying Wentz and did so last season as well. One is a SB MVP and the other is a future over priced failure.

cern

Reaction score
wentz will be next year's news. right now the story's all about foles. the down side to the story is if foles has another great run in the playoffs. some team might be willing to give philly multiple #1 picks for his services. that would suck for us. have to admit, eagles looking pretty smart right now for having kept him on their team despite the cost. and they're the team no one wants to play at the moment.

Wizarus

Reaction score
Said from day 1 it was foolishness not to start your SB champ QB. Just glad they did it way too late for it to matter this season.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Coming off a very serious injury and now injured again with a broken vertebrae.....Before he injured his knee, he was arguably the leading MVP candidate, He's not going anywhere for a long time, we'll be cursing him and the eagles for years to come...
At what point do you label him as "injury prone"? If he was our QB, many on here would have already said that he has met that threshold. I know it's cliche, but the most important ability is availability...
Can he stay healthy long enough to see if he's worth his cost? So far, no. Time will tell but, IMO, he'll end up being one of those "what coulda been" stories.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Get out of the gutter.......it's either that or you just came out of the closet. For which I would commend you sir. ;)

Get out of your feelings. Maybe it's you who are in the closet after taking offense to the joke!

I could careless about two guys involved with a green eagle. Some of them fly like that.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
For the same reason nobody is talking about how crappy Foles is and how anybody who thinks he's any good is ********.

Wentz is the more talented QB, even more then Dak and it's not really close IMO. But, there is more to playing QB then just physical talent and Wentz is learning that.

JMO

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Get out of your feelings. Maybe it's you who are in the closet after taking offense to the joke!

I could careless about two guys involved with a green eagle. Some of them fly like that.
So you overlooked the emoticon......that was winking. You know.....a joke?

Lighten up, Francis......

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not a Wentz supporter one way or the other, but come on...
The guy wrecked his ACL late last year and was in his first partial year back, and also played with a cracked vertebrae.
We’ll know more with him next season.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
For the same reason nobody is talking about how crappy Foles is and how anybody who thinks he's any good is ********.

Wentz is the more talented QB, even more then Dak and it's not really close IMO. But, there is more to playing QB then just physical talent and Wentz is learning that.

JMO
The Foley that took a team to the SB and won?

I'd believe you'd be alone in that opinion, fine sir.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The Foley that took a team to the SB and won?

I'd believe you'd be alone in that opinion, fine sir.

I don't think so. I've seen statements about Foles in just the last few weeks that say he is not good, just lucky. Up until just very recently, there were still a lot of fans who didn't think he was good.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing for sure Pressure on Wentz will be tremendous. Fans had watched Philly flounder around and then in comes Foles and they are playing their best ball and this after him leading them to a SB last season. Their organization will be dealing with a contract for Wentz putting a lot at stake. What if Wentz goes out and struggles to open up next year, the fans will be hollering from the roof tops for Foles. Personally I love it. lol

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
So you overlooked the emoticon......that was winking. You know.....a joke?

Lighten up, Francis......

And you must have missed the unedited exclamation point in the first sentence in response!

It's ok, I need to set an eye appointment also but i dont mind lending you a referral;)

aikemirv

Reaction score
One thing for sure Pressure on Wentz will be tremendous. Fans had watched Philly flounder around and then in comes Foles and they are playing their best ball and this after him leading them to a SB last season. Their organization will be dealing with a contract for Wentz putting a lot at stake. What if Wentz goes out and struggles to open up next year, the fans will be hollering from the roof tops for Foles. Personally I love it. lol

Yeah, pretty funny! I think they sign Foles at the 20 mill next year since Wentz only cost them 8 mill and then they have the decision to make the next offseason on who to keep.

I still think they can get a 1st for Wentz if they tried to deal him now. They could possibly get a high pick for Foles as well. I just hope they make the WRONG decision if there is a wrong decision here for them.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Didn't read this entire thread, but....

Does anyone think that Foles outplayed/outperformed Wentz in practice and the coaches said, 'Let's go with the worst guy.'

If the coaches believed Foles gave them the best chance to win, he'd have started every game. One thing I know for certain: the Eagles coaches know better than we do who their QB should be.