How come we aren’t talking about Wentz anymore?

CWR

Reaction score
Foles knows this as well. If the Eagles don't offer him a contract, I bet he'll retire. He was already retired before the Eagles call him up.

I doubt he retires now. He was probably considering it before because the market for him wasn't there. Now that hes looking at a nice contract and the chance to start he will probably keep his NFL dream alive.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There used to be a few weekly threads on Carson Wentz, and now... nothing. What gives?

Oh, right. Because his 5-6 record (2nd losing season in 3 years) that the Wentz crowd tried blaming on his supporting cast looks like complete garbage compared to what NICK FOLES is doing. LOL!

Foles, the Super Bowl MVP, is 3-1 this season and just beat the Rams and Texans. With the same team that Wentz couldn’t crack .500 with.

Wentz isn’t clutch and his stats don’t translate to many wins. Philly was the absolute WORST scoring team in the 1st quarter this season... now add the fact that Wentz is hilariously un-clutch with the game on the line (3 for 11 on game-winning drives??) and there’s your 5-6 record.

Foles has completely exposed Wentz and I LOVE IT. What happened to the CowboysZone Wentz Wagon???
:lmao2:

Who is Wentz? :muttley:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
The Eagles (hopefully) will be stupid enough to let Foles walk and keep Wentz. We all saw Foles first stint away from the Eagles. He's a system QB and will not do well away from Philly...

We'd be 13-2 right now if we had Foles.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The Eagles (hopefully) will be stupid enough to let Foles walk and keep Wentz. We all saw Foles first stint away from the Eagles. He's a system QB and will not do well away from Philly...
I'm so glad they will keep the rocket arm over the guy who wins. That decision could affect the division for the next 10 years

Ekspozed

Reaction score
Wentz is having trouble proving hes the best quarterback on his team. He seems to rely heavily on ertz where as foles has been slinging it to everyone.

Im not so sure foles isn't the best QB in our division.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Seriously

"Wentz can't win playing with a broken back. What a choker"

LOL

Which will be a problem that can hinder his career if he can't stay healthy. If he can't finish seasons or play an entire season on a consistent basis, then that could have a negative impact on his long term career. Especially he we are to believe that him being injured is why he regresses or doesn't play as effectively. Some are putting Wentz not playing as well as he played last season on his injuries. All the more reason to be concerned about signing him to a big contract, if his injury history keeps going.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Which will be a problem that can hinder his career if he can't stay healthy. If he can't finish seasons or play an entire season on a consistent basis, then that could have a negative impact on his long term career. Especially he we are to believe that him being injured is why he regresses or doesn't play as effectively. Some are putting Wentz not playing as well as he played last season on his injuries. All the more reason to be concerned about signing him to a big contract, if his injury history keeps going.

Totally agree there, no argument

For the record I think Philly would be insane to let Foles walk and double down on Wentz, for the reasons you just stated

But I also think any qb playing with the injuries wentz has this year, would be affected performance wise

CWR

Reaction score
There used to be a few weekly threads on Carson Wentz, and now... nothing. What gives?

Oh, right. Because his 5-6 record (2nd losing season in 3 years) that the Wentz crowd tried blaming on his supporting cast looks like complete garbage compared to what NICK FOLES is doing. LOL!

Foles, the Super Bowl MVP, is 3-1 this season and just beat the Rams and Texans. With the same team that Wentz couldn’t crack .500 with.

Wentz isn’t clutch and his stats don’t translate to many wins. Philly was the absolute WORST scoring team in the 1st quarter this season... now add the fact that Wentz is hilariously un-clutch with the game on the line (3 for 11 on game-winning drives??) and there’s your 5-6 record.

Foles has completely exposed Wentz and I LOVE IT. What happened to the CowboysZone Wentz Wagon???

Bwahahahahahah suck it Wince fans :dance:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Totally agree there, no argument

For the record I think Philly would be insane to let Foles walk and double down on Wentz, for the reasons you just stated

But I also think any qb playing with the injuries wentz has this year, would be affected performance wise
Foles is owed $20 million next year and they and are already projected to be over the cap, which means shedding/restructuring several contracts. Even of they keep Foles somehow, there will always be a QB controversy, anytime Wince has a bad game, bad throw, bad anything, the Foles chants will start right up and Philly fans aren't exactly timid about expressing their feelings. Unless Foles is willing to take a major pay cut, especially knowing what he could get on the open market, they are in a pickle on what to do with Foles.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe because this is a Cowboys forum.....:huh:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Foles is owed $20 million next year and they and are already projected to be over the cap, which means shedding/restructuring several contracts. Even of they keep Foles somehow, there will always be a QB controversy, anytime Wince has a bad game, bad throw, bad anything, the Foles chants will start right up and Philly fans aren't exactly timid about expressing their feelings. Unless Foles is willing to take a major pay cut, especially knowing what he could get on the open market, they are in a pickle on what to do with Foles.

If they win back to back Super Bowls with Foles clearly carrying the offense, rather than being carried, that isn't worth $20 million? Imo that's a no brainer. Especially with the Cap due to increase about $12 million next year

For Pete's sake people are talking regularly on this forum about Dak getting that kind of money on his next contract

I want Foles. And I'd rather Jerry pay him $15-20 million than the QB we have now

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Foles is better than Wence because he’s clutch and Wence isn’t. I don’t want to face Foles in the playoffs.

Sydla

Reaction score
Seems simple.

He’s hurt and not playing.

Hence, why not much discussion.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Our vegetable QB is better than their vegetable QB!!!

Someone give me a Wade Phillips fist pump to celebrate!!!!

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score

Pressure is going to be on Wince for sure. Besides trying to recover physically and avoid injury. There's going to be the part of him having to live up to the Foles magic, hero image that some have of him in Philly. Chris Long even built a shrine of Foles. If Wince manages to play good enough to get his team into the playoffs, then all will be forgiven with him among Philly fans. But, if at anytime during the course of next season, that Wince has a streak of bad games or if Philly loses a few games in a row or if they miss the playoffs, then you know that some are going to be questioning whether or not they should have kept Foles.

sbark

Reaction score
I doubt he retires now. He was probably considering it before because the market for him wasn't there. Now that hes looking at a nice contract and the chance to start he will probably keep his NFL dream alive.
stated on tv during game, foles is due 20 million on next years contract, that is why they were saying it's his last game for Eagles....he will be a salary cap causualty

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
If they win back to back Super Bowls with Foles clearly carrying the offense, rather than being carried, that isn't worth $20 million? Imo that's a no brainer. Especially with the Cap due to increase about $12 million next year

For Pete's sake people are talking regularly on this forum about Dak getting that kind of money on his next contract

I want Foles. And I'd rather Jerry pay him $15-20 million than the QB we have now
Even with the cap increase and if they keep Foles they are already over the cap for 2019 by around $14 million, that doesn't include money they need to sign draft picks. I'm not a cap expert, but if they keep Foles they need to shed/restructure $20 million minimum. That means restructuring and losing significant pieces for a backup QB.

Foles will never sign here even if he becomes available. He was upset when Jerry dissed him when he was available before. After Moore got injured, Jerry changed his mind about Foles, but Foles thumbed his nose at Jerry and signed with KC, wouldn't even consider Jerry's offer. He wasn't going to play for Jerry then and he isn't going to play for Jerry now.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Pressure is going to be on Wince for sure. Besides trying to recover physically and avoid injury. There's going to be the part of him having to live up to the Foles magic, hero image that some have of him in Philly. Chris Long even built a shrine of Foles. If Wince manages to play good enough to get his team into the playoffs, then all will be forgiven with him among Philly fans. But, if at anytime during the course of next season, that Wince has a streak of bad games or if Philly loses a few games in a row or if they miss the playoffs, then you know that some are going to be questioning whether or not they should have kept Foles.

Yep, Foles' Ghost is going to keep following him, whether Foles is on the team or not, unless he can win his own Superbowl . Even if Foles isn't on the team, there is still the Foles statue outside their stadium, quietly trolling him. :cool: