Twitter: How Cowboys distributed LB snaps Sunday

rambo2

Reaction score
We're wasting Micah's potential by not having him rush the QB more.

We got zero sacks and not much pressure at all yesterday. It looked like the Tampa Bay game, which was also the other game where Micah seemed to never rush the passer.
Not much pressure? Watch the game again. You were too busy with your comments during the game.

Creeper

Reaction score
THIS! On both the 38 yard and 18 yard completions there were OBVIOUS holds by the Giants. I mean...OBVIOUS. For the life of me, I'll not understand why SOMEONE didn't get in the refs faces about it. Even my wife, who knows as much about football as I know about crocheting, mentioned it.

But no one said squat!

Holding has become normal in the NFL now. It is more disturbing to me when they do call it and it is a ticky tack call.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
Crazy one of Micah best games was when he was lining up at DE and creating havoc and pressure.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He might be a beast, but he doesn't have the build to constantly take being a DE full time. We need him at LB. He was drafted to be a LB. Don't forget that he's still a rookie. People with crazy expectations for a rookie around here. SMH.

If we called him a 3-4 OLB then suddenly he has the build to constantly play “DE”.

He’s a pressure player. Everything else is him trying to trying to get better at something that isn’t natural. Rushing the QB is his natural talent. Regardless of what they drafted him for.

My expectations for a pass rusher have been far exceeded but at linebacker he is kinda what I thought and it’s not worth the investment.

His value is chasing QBs.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

We got zero sacks and not much pressure at all yesterday. It looked like the Tampa Bay game, which was also the other game where Micah seemed to never rush the passer.

Yes. Squander potential by making him one dimensional. Great plan.

Titleist

Reaction score
That was his MO at LSU, he wasn't considered good enough to replace the other LB's but whenever he was in the game, he made plays.

Die-hard LSU fan here. The bolded part isn't really true. Cox started all 10 games last season, and even going into the season, was considered one of our best LB's due to the mass exodus of talent following the 2019 season (Queen, Phillips, Divinity...). Perhaps some fans were skeptical of Cox being a grad transfer from an FCS program, but he quickly put concerns to rest after a fantastic opening game against MS State (6 tackles, 4 solo, 3 QB hurries, 1 sack, 1 INT, 1 TD).

The reluctance to get Cox involved is solely a Cowboys quality, but I'm confident we'll see more of him in the future - he has a ton of talent.

MichiganCowboyFan

Reaction score
The "cut Jaylon" crowd should've considered that. Micah's role as a LB has expanded. DLaw's return should help the line but Parsons is not going to play DE.
Lawrence won't return until like week 12 or so. Broken foot needs serious time to heal.

We have a nobody playing left defensive end, it's our biggest flaw on defense. Sacks will come in bunches for Gregory and the rest if we have a consistent left edge pass rusher. That needs to be Parsons until Lawrence returns.

Neal, Cox, LVE and even Kearse can man LB until that time... we have a ton of good players who can play off ball linebacker. And all of them are better than Jaylon Sunglasses.

Nav22

Reaction score

Rex Ryan on ESPN after the Chargers game asked incredulously, “Why would you move this guy back to inside linebacker!?”

It’s a fair question. Something tells me we’re letting Micah get comfortable all over the defense but when it comes down to needing a huge stop in a playoff game or something, he’s coming for the QB.