How did that Georgia draft work out for Philly?

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No, it's that you can define it however you want, so pick one. It doesn't matter which definition you use. Defeating the block in 2.5 seconds, effectively, is a win, in my book. This definition is the one I like the most: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ushing-stats-analytics-explainer-faq-how-work

Simple questions. What's better?

1. A sack on 3rd and 20, or a pressure that causes an INT (i.e. DLaw against WAS)?
2. A player who generates 20 pressures and 0 sacks or a player who generates 1 pressure and 1 sack?

The idea that sacks are "always" better is stupid. It's also asinine to call me dumb when you don't know how to account for the fact that offensive scheme and QB play influence sack totals.
That’s braindead logic; a misnomer.

You’re trying to compare a single play scenario (sack on 3rd and 20…) to a multi-snap scenario (20 pressures a game).

Do pressures always generate a negative outcome for the offense? Yes or no.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score
Carter will be on watch next year. When Cox and Graham leave, nobody to keep him in check. Philly was the perfect team leadership wise for Carter in the DL room but that's about to lose all its leadership in a week or two

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
That’s braindead logic; a misnomer.

You’re trying to compare a single play scenario (sack on 3rd and 20…) to a multi-snap scenario (20 pressures a game).

Do pressures always generate a negative outcome for the offense? Yes or no.
No I'm not, it's two simple either/or questions that have nothing to do with each other. Read it. You speak in absolutes, so it should be very easy to answer.

No. But we aren't talking about how a pressure/sack influences the offense. We're talking about it as a measure of how a player is performing. The fact that it's not is also why sacks aren't a good measure - because quarterbacks avoiding sacks is an important part of the game lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We can laugh at them but mazi doesn’t look good and we wasted a second rounder on a 3rd string tight end
Here you guys go always gotta go back to the Cowboys lol. Mazi was a late round pick. It's nothing like Jordan Davis who was top 15. But ok.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
No I'm not, it's two simple either/or questions that have nothing to do with each other. Read it. You speak in absolutes, so it should be very easy to answer.

No. But we aren't talking about how a pressure/sack influences the offense. We're talking about it as a measure of how a player is performing. The fact that it's not is also why sacks aren't a good measure - because quarterbacks avoiding sacks is an important part of the game lol.
You can’t even define what a “pressure” is, so your entire premise is bunk before we actually get into the weeds of it.

Loso86

Reaction score
Draft day the eagles picked up a few Georgia players, which left some of us shaking our head, and maybe a bit worried. Looking at how their season went, the only player that really did anything was Carter. Smith did nothing, Davis was sloppy and useless. Makes you want to laugh even harder at them, please give your thoughts
Takes more than 1 year to truly know

kskboys

Reaction score
your idea that sacks are less important is just as stupid
Sacks are generally a busted play, and quite often the sack a player got was actually caused by another player. It's simply a poor way to judge a player w/o involving other aspects.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I don't know. When your QB questions the commitments of his teammates, the problem seems to be more than the head coach. Sure, it's ultimately his responsibility to pull the team together, but a few bad eggs usually start smelling when there's adversity.
See, the problem is they have guys on offense like Hurts, DeVonta Smith and Landon Dickerson from Bama and defensive players like Davis, Carter, N. Smith, Ringo from Georgia. When things go bad you get Bama vs GA in the locker room. Nothing good will come from that. lol

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Well Jalen Carter is one of the best DTs in football so...
He is...and I damn sure wish we could have drafted him.

THAT said...he's a bit of a headcase and...he's out of shape. Let's see how he comes in next year. God help us if he gets in 17-game season shape.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Draft day the eagles picked up a few Georgia players, which left some of us shaking our head, and maybe a bit worried. Looking at how their season went, the only player that really did anything was Carter. Smith did nothing, Davis was sloppy and useless. Makes you want to laugh even harder at them, please give your thoughts
Pretty good actually. Carter looks like an All Pro fixture, and Ringo showed some promise. Smith was always boom or bust, but you cant write him off yet.

Davis wasnt this year, and he was actually very good up until the tail end of the season. You shouldn't be too excited about playing him twice a year

Out of all of them, Dean is the only clear miss

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Do you even read what you respond to?
No, it's that you can define it however you want, so pick one. It doesn't matter which definition you use. Defeating the block in 2.5 seconds, effectively, is a win, in my book. This definition is the one I like the most: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ushing-stats-analytics-explainer-faq-how-work

Simple questions. What's better?

1. A sack on 3rd and 20, or a pressure that causes an INT (i.e. DLaw against WAS)?
2. A player who generates 20 pressures and 0 sacks or a player who generates 1 pressure and 1 sack?

The idea that sacks are "always" better is stupid. It's also asinine to call me dumb when you don't know how to account for the fact that offensive scheme and QB play influence sack totals.
Answer the questions.