How did that Georgia draft work out for Philly?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Draft was actually pretty good. They got 3 starters Carter, Brown and Ringo and a guy that will push to start next year, Steen, depending on retirements.
Brown and Ringo suck stop it I’ve seen it with my own two eyes and you have too. They should be better next year but no one has any idea how good they can or will be.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Brown and Ringo suck stop it I’ve seen it with my own two eyes and you have too. They should be better next year but no one has any idea how good they can or will be. Brown and Ringo will be multi year starters.
They’ll be multi-year starters and both will be solid. They had some rookie moments but both put out more good than bad tape.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Draft day the eagles picked up a few Georgia players, which left some of us shaking our head, and maybe a bit worried. Looking at how their season went, the only player that really did anything was Carter. Smith did nothing, Davis was sloppy and useless. Makes you want to laugh even harder at them, please give your thoughts
That "Georgia draft" may work out just fine for the Eagles in the long run. It's only been one season so those players have time to prove their worth. Dismissing them as you seem to be doing seems way premature to me. Why are we talking about the Eagles? This is CZ, not EZ!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sacks are just about the worst stat to measure passrush productivity. It's also not a perfect chart, because it doesn't account well for sample size.

But you're way off your point, which is that Carter isn't in the same "paragraph." It's a dumb thing to say.
Wrong.

Sacks > pressure/win-rate

Every time.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They’ll be multi-year starters and both will be solid. They had some rookie moments but both put out more good than bad tape.
Then y’all are doomed if that’s what you guys are relying on next year. Sidney Brown was good why because he caught a pass from Kyler lol?

starfan1

Reaction score
At least 4 future starters and a couple of depth players plus at least 2 UDFAs who will contribute and 1 who looks like a starter.

In addition to adding Gilmore and Cooks with draft picks. So overall it's looking very good.
I got to admit youre consistent. you have david copperfield eyes (illusionist)but you are consistent. and for that I got to give you props.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I got to admit youre consistent. you have david copperfield eyes (illusionist)but you are consistent. and for that I got to give you props.
ENOUGH already, you're giving him too much props, then his head will get too big!! He'll miss the game getting a head extraction!! :cool: :muttley:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Carter has been very good but he’s worn down.
Davis started out strong but he’s also slowed down quite a bit the last month, I question his conditioning since this isn’t his rookie year. He’s been fine but they value vs draft position isn’t there.
Smith hasn‘t gotten much run. Certainly not the impact you’d want from a first round pick.
Keelee Ringo has played well and may be a starter next year.
Nakobe Dean can’t stay healthy and isn’t all that good when he is.
Dean missed his entire rookie year with injury and had 30 tackles in the 3 games he started this year before getting injured again. He’s a tackling machine. Thats his game. He just can’t stay healthy.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nope.

A sack that takes 5 seconds is absolutely not more indicative of how well a passrusher is playing than an immediate pressure. Not even close.
This is correct. Consistent pressure is more impactful over the course of a game than a one off sack bc someone missed an assignment. Look no further than last nights CFP game. Michigan wasn’t sacking penix much. They were harassing him , forcing him off his spot, and getting hits on him. The kid fell apart losing trust in his OL and rarely looked down field bc he didn’t trust his protection.

reddyuta

Reaction score
first take a look at our draft,we have made 2 horrific draft picks,both of them seem like they will never contribute at all.we could have drafted Laporta instead of Mazi(we actually rated him no 1 TE on our board) but we blew it .whoever is responsible needs to answer for this debacle.

1942willys

Reaction score
Nope.

A sack that takes 5 seconds is absolutely not more indicative of how well a passrusher is playing than an immediate pressure. Not even close.
Oh now a sack is bad if its five seconds but a pressure is good if its five seconds?
Dude trying to claim a sack is meaningless just makes you look like you failed football 101

1942willys

Reaction score
This is correct. Consistent pressure is more impactful over the course of a game than a one off sack bc someone missed an assignment. Look no further than last nights CFP game. Michigan wasn’t sacking penix much. They were harassing him , forcing him off his spot, and getting hits on him. The kid fell apart losing trust in his OL and rarely looked down field bc he didn’t trust his protection.
sack ends a play with a serious hit on the offensive morale and also costs them yardage and a down.
Only stupid people do not understand this