How did that Georgia draft work out for Philly?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Oh now a sack is bad if its five seconds but a pressure is good if its five seconds?
Dude trying to claim a sack is meaningless just makes you look like you failed football 101
I didn't say either of those things. Nice hustle though.

What's more reflective of an effective passrush: A 5-second sack on third and 15 when the QB is scrambling around but can't find anybody, or the DLaw pressure that lead to Wilson's INT?

The idea that sacks are unequivocally a better indicator than how well a rusher is playing is stupid. That doesn't mean sacks are meaningless lol.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
sack ends a play with a serious hit on the offensive morale and also costs them yardage and a down.
Only stupid people do not understand this
An INT caused by a pressure (like D Wilson's against WAS) does a heck of a lot more than that.

1942willys

Reaction score
I didn't say either of those things. Nice hustle though.

What's more reflective of an effective passrush: A 5-second sack on third and 15 when the QB is scrambling around but can't find anybody, or the DLaw pressure that lead to Wilson's INT?

The idea that sacks are unequivocally a better indicator than how well a rusher is playing is stupid. That doesn't mean sacks are meaningless lol.
your idea that sacks are less important is just as stupid

1942willys

Reaction score
An INT caused by a pressure (like D Wilson's against WAS) does a heck of a lot more than that.
yeah sure it does how many times a game but how often does a sack cause a punt and give the ball to your offense
VS how many picks? over a season it shows sacks cause more trouble for the offense then mere pressures which are subjective; what a pressure to Garrapolo is not a pressure to Mahoones.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I just did but I doubt you will be able to understand it since you failed football 101
No, you didn't. I asked a very specific question. I'll ask again.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I would be quiet judging other teams Draft when our 2023 Draft looks horrendous so far. Likely worst in the NFL.
this is what drafting for need gets you,the sad part is we generally avoid doing that.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
For all the issues Philly is facing, I don't think their drafting habits stands at the center of them.

Clearly, there is something rotten between the coaching staff and/or the personalities of some of their key personnel.

Creeper

Reaction score
Too early to tell. Carter's talent was never the question. His character was the question and so far he has not imploded even while the rest of the team has. But he is a rookie so we'll have to see what happens next year and the year after.

Davis is what he was in college. When he give 100% effort he is a force in the middle. But the question has always been, can he give that effort for 60 minutes? It looks like that is not the case. But next year will be the year we see what kind of player he will be.

The Eagles are getting old in a few key positions. Guys like Brandon Graham, Fletcher Cox, and even Jason Kelce look like have still have some game but they also show signs of aging. Everyone pretends replacing stars like that is easy. Just draft a guy like Jordan Davis, or Cam Jurgens. But those guys are not as good as the guys they are replacing. It's just not that simple.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
At least 4 future starters and a couple of depth players plus at least 2 UDFAs who will contribute and 1 who looks like a starter.

In addition to adding Gilmore and Cooks with draft picks. So overall it's looking very good.
That’s all projection but it’s cute you’ve tried to turn it into fact.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Nope.

A sack that takes 5 seconds is absolutely not more indicative of how well a passrusher is playing than an immediate pressure. Not even close.
Define “pressure” and how is it determined objectively?

Pressure or win-rates can help paint a picture but the overall impact and finality on a sack is always better than pressure.

5 sacks will always be better than 5 “pressures.”

A pressure doesn’t even connote a negative outcome for the offense.

bigE79

Reaction score
Draft day the eagles picked up a few Georgia players, which left some of us shaking our head, and maybe a bit worried. Looking at how their season went, the only player that really did anything was Carter. Smith did nothing, Davis was sloppy and useless. Makes you want to laugh even harder at them, please give your thoughts
I give a draft class 3yrs..the coach Landry rule.

InPhiltraitor

Reaction score
Draft day the eagles picked up a few Georgia players, which left some of us shaking our head, and maybe a bit worried. Looking at how their season went, the only player that really did anything was Carter. Smith did nothing, Davis was sloppy and useless. Makes you want to laugh even harder at them, please give your thoughts
Thing is with the Eagles players, even if they aren't consistently performing, they have individually made an impact play here and there that gives a fanbase promise of what the player may potentially become.

With the tape Mazi has put out there so far can you say he's produced plays (just a couple, maybe) that make you believe it's within him to perform at a high level? Sorry, but I need one play from this guy where he ragdolls a lineman and straight-up stonewalls a ball carrier. Please don't preach to me that it's the position he plays. Hell, he should have stumble-farted into a tackle for loss by now. I don't expect it every play but just give me something to assure me that you've got it within you.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Define “pressure” and how is it determined objectively?

Pressure or win-rates can help paint a picture but the overall impact and finality on a sack is always better than pressure.

5 sacks will always be better than 5 “pressures.”

A pressure doesn’t even connote a negative outcome for the offense.
Doesn't matter how you define it.

Nope.

Nope.

So?

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
So you don’t no how to define it but you know it’s the superior metric.

Thanks for explaining you’re dumb without saying it.
No, it's that you can define it however you want, so pick one. It doesn't matter which definition you use. Defeating the block in 2.5 seconds, effectively, is a win, in my book. This definition is the one I like the most: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ushing-stats-analytics-explainer-faq-how-work

Simple questions. What's better?

1. A sack on 3rd and 20, or a pressure that causes an INT (i.e. DLaw against WAS)?
2. A player who generates 20 pressures and 0 sacks or a player who generates 1 pressure and 1 sack?

The idea that sacks are "always" better is stupid. It's also asinine to call me dumb when you don't know how to account for the fact that offensive scheme and QB play influence sack totals.