How did this FO allow Jaylon Smith accrue a year

ksg811

Reaction score
Jaylon only has one accrued season, last year. He was on the reserve/NFI list his entire rookie season, rendering it essentially a redshirt year with no service year accrual. Yes, they did open him up to the 3 week window for activation, but that did not affect his status on NFI or affect his (lack of) service time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And just as many people emotionally invested in his failure. You fit the type.

Personally, i just want to see where he is athletically now without the brace and love his work ethic and dedication.
Well, I am emotionally invested in seeing BOTH the 2015 and 2016 2nd round picks, BOTH of whom were considered top 5 talents coming out of college, and BOTH of whom were touted as potential #1 overall picks while in college, coming back and spending the next 3 seasons terrorizing opposing offenses.

Way too many of our own so called fans want to see failure, so they can be right. Or it seems that way at times.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was pretty much derided as a bum here most of last season.

Just like many fans deride many of our players. Especially in their rookie seasons, as well as the 2nd also.
Jaylon, Taco, DLaw for a while, Gregory too on his possible return. There are others.

cern

Reaction score
Well, I am emotionally invested in seeing BOTH the 2015 and 2016 2nd round picks, BOTH of whom were considered top 5 talents coming out of college, and BOTH of whom were touted as potential #1 overall picks while in college, coming back and spending the next 3 seasons terrorizing opposing offenses.
here! here! hoping for the best for the both. psychological scars vs. physical scars.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This guy has gotten more praise and regard as some superstar, than any player in the history of ever, for someone that hasn't really earned it.
NFL is based on potential....people overpay, overdraft and reach for players they think could be special and show lots of patience....and then if the reality hits and they don't pan out,they quickly get thrown to the sidewalk.... although they have made millions in process...

its a league based on gambling on players abilities.....

CapnB

Reaction score
Jaylon only has one accrued season, last year. He was on the reserve/NFI list his entire rookie season, rendering it essentially a redshirt year with no service year accrual. Yes, they did open him up to the 3 week window for activation, but that did not affect his status on NFI or affect his (lack of) service time.

People are so used to just spewing BS without knowing anything that they will do it about any subject. Its just what they do. Thanks for spreading truth

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People are so used to just spewing BS without knowing anything that they will do it about any subject. Its just what they do. Thanks for spreading truth

I have a friend, fits him to the T. He is so full of BS, heck he invented BS. Ask him and he will tell you. LOL. Just as he will tell you he invented just about anything. Can do things better than anyone, and knows everything. A person can be painting a wall, a professional, and he will find fault with it.
But if asked to prove it, or go ahead and repair something or paint the wall. He will have a reason that he can't or won't. I call him out on stuff all the time. Needless to say, he starts yelling as he thinks if he yells he is right. It is now so bad, everyone thinks it is comical to see.
Sounds like some fans too. :muttley:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Some good information, you're on a roll today.
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a friend, fits him to the T. He is so full of BS, heck he invented BS. Ask him and he will tell you. LOL. Just as he will tell you he invented just about anything. Can do things better than anyone, and knows everything. A person can be painting a wall, a professional, and he will find fault with it.
But if asked to prove it, or go ahead and repair something or paint the wall. He will have a reason that he can't or won't. I call him out on stuff all the time. Needless to say, he starts yelling as he thinks if he yells he is right. It is now so bad, everyone thinks it is comical to see.
Sounds like some fans too. :muttley:

Get a new "friend"!
:laugh:

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Jaylon's is a weird case

Normally when a player spends the year on the NFI - Non Football Injury list they don't accrue a year
A player generally needs 6 weeks on the active roster to accrue a season or 6 weeks at full pay status

The rumor was that DAL paid Jaylon his full salary every week even though they didn't have to.... that would mean he DID accrue a year and why a lot of people are still confused, including me

I asked an NFL agent Joel Corry on Twitter about it and he said it DIDN'T accrue so we won't know until Jaylon or SJones clears it up...either way Jaylon will show the same loyalty that LCollins showed for being treated more than fair

DiResta

Reaction score
hes doing otas without the brace
thats huge as a sign of his progression, if you dont think so dig up some old posts about him from 2 years ago

if theres no brace i think its fair to say he should be fully expected to produce like a high draft pick
hes had legit excuses until now but the guy has brought himself back from drop foot and the torn up knee
thats determination

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
This guy has gotten more praise and regard as some superstar, than any player in the history of ever, for someone that hasn't really earned it.
:rolleyes:
Should Shaquem Griffin make Seattle's 53,,, you'll be tooting that kazoo to a different drummero_O

:lmao::starspin::thumbup: