How did you get roped into becoming a Cowboys fan?

JayFord

Reaction score
Cowboys will always get new fans because theyre popular and theyre a good team

yes the cowboys are a good team....problem is Good teams don't do squat in the playoffs unless its the Giants and those 2 fluke superbowls

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Cowboys will always get new fans because theyre popular and theyre a good team

yes the cowboys are a good team....problem is Good teams don't do squat in the playoffs unless its the Giants and those 2 fluke superbowls
I just don't think the modern fans are going to keep being interested without some post season success indefitnitly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I did ask you and that is why the Funny thank you as I know they are rare coming from you.
I should take a screen shot of that LIKE and post it on my wall !
hahaha

I remember Trouty bashing me for not passing out “likes.” He was on a mission to become the “likes” king of CowboysZone. He was passing out “likes” to himself. He was using the board as a way to make friends and troll for “likes.” Lol

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I remember Trouty bashing me for not passing out “likes.” He was on a mission to become the “likes” king of CowboysZone. He was passing out “likes” to himself. He was using the board as a way to socialize and make friends. Lol
In all seriousness I like building up my like total to try and build some street cred on the board.
Been a member a long time but did not post much early on.

quickccc

Reaction score
True, but what's in it for the modern fan who does not remember that heritage?
The team is poorly run and has devolved into a circus.

-The Jones are stuck in the 90s. it seems like it is all they know. Ditto for Jason Garrett.
Otherwise it's trying to take a mimic page out of Tampa 2, ..Greatest show on Turf,...Legion of Boom....... McVey's Rams .

.- Trying to envision and groom the next coming of Sean Payton 2.0 in Jason Garrett (a waste of an entire decade!) .. hiring on a-Super Bowl winning HC,
and only allowing him to be a walk around clip board HC.

- Only relying solely upon the NFL draft for player personnel help, with very little to zero middle ground help in FA market.

- Jerry in his hey days, went overboard with FA cap spending, and committing big money to average joes,
.. while his son who assumes more control nowadays, doesn't seem like he knows how to aggressively and brilliantly operate UFA contracts
to acquire vastly needed middle ground heralded vets (ala Bobby Wagner)

- Stephen strongly prefers to go solely on NFL draft, re-sign his own key core players (dak,zeke,martin, dlaw) and only pursues bargain based vet FA filler types

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
In all seriousness I like building up my like total to try and build some street cred on the board.
Been a member a long time but did not post much early on.

A lot of fans think “likes” will give them status. Some of the most football stupid fans on here have the most “likes.” Some go as far as to create multiple usernames to give themselves “likes.” It must be awfully time-consuming. I don’t do anything to build mine they’re all legit. If someone is looking to legitimately build their like” total all they need to do is bash Dak every day. I’ve noticed many of the Dak haters have 50,000+ “likes.”

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
-The Jones are stuck in the 90s. it seems like it is all they know. Ditto for Jason Garrett.
Otherwise it's trying to take a mimic page out of Tampa 2, ..Greatest show on Turf,...Legion of Boom....... McVey's Rams .

.- Trying to envision and groom the next coming of Sean Payton 2.0 in Jason Garrett (a waste of an entire decade!) .. hiring on a-Super Bowl winning HC,
and only allowing him to be a walk around clip board HC.

- Only relying solely upon the NFL draft for player personnel help, with very little to zero middle ground help in FA market.

- Jerry in his hey days, went overboard with FA cap spending, and committing big money to average joes,
.. while his son who assumes more control nowadays, doesn't seem like he knows how to aggressively and brilliantly operate UFA contracts
to acquire vastly needed middle ground heralded vets (ala Bobby Wagner)

- Stephen strongly prefers to go solely on NFL draft, re-sign his own key core players (dak,zeke,martin, dlaw) and only pursues bargain based vet FA filler types
Good synopsis of why we have had little success for 26 years.... and .... counting.......
We have amatuers running the ship and its hard to see us getting better until we get some serious football minds in here.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
A lot of fans think “likes” will give them status. Some of the most football stupid fans on here have the most “likes.” Some go as far as to create multiple usernames to give themselves “likes.” It must be awfully time-consuming. I don’t do anything to build mine they’re all legit. If someone is looking to legitimately build their like” total all they need to do is bash Dak every day. I’ve noticed many of the Dak haters have 50,000+ “likes.”
Agreed you can go overboard with almost anything.
I just try and be generous with likes because if someone posted something I agree with it's a way for me to tip my hat to them.
But no worries, and btw you are one of my top posters because you usually agree with me LOL.

JayFord

Reaction score
I just don't think the modern fans are going to keep being interested without some post season success indefitnitly.

they will....its been 20 something years and there are hardcore fans that were born in the late 90's who've never seen anything other that 13, 12, 11,10 win seasons multiple times that end in the divisional round

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Let's say you are a young enough Cowboys fan to where you weren't even old enough to remember the last Cowboys Super Bowl championship back in January 1996.

How in the hell did you get roped into becoming a Cowboys fan? Was it the Joneses and their wit and savvy?

Just curious.
Everyone wants to be a cowboy when they're young, so what better team to pull for than the COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

In other words, Risen has about 400 other user names he uses to pad his like total.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Kind have wondered the same thing?
I mean I saw the glory years of the 70s and 90s
and feel loyal because of Landry and Roger.
What do the modern fans have besides this circus?

Emmitt Smith, living in Texas when I got into football with no Houston team at the time, and the only teams that I knew of at the time were the Cowboys, Eagles (my dad's and most of my family's team), Giants, and Jets. Obviously, the Cowboys were the best choice of those. Funny enough, I was once on the same plane in Hawaii as John Elway. I was new/not really into football yet at the time. Had I known about football more and known who that was, I could very easily have been a Broncos fan (and I do like Denver, and I do cheer them on when they don't play the Cowboys). Ironically, the only team I've never seen us beat is the Broncos. However, I'm still a big Cowboys fan. If the Cowboys were to ever vanish, the Broncos would probably be my landing spot. However, I have no interest in leaving the Cowboys yet.