How did you react when they overturned the Dez catch?

alicetooljam

Reaction score
I was completely confident GB had just wasted their last time out. Completely astonished when I heard the reversal. After watching it over and over I still feel it was a catch. Just another gut-wrenching call for us to stick in our caps though. In the end, that's all it will ever be.

Exactly...I was laughing at McCarthy saying youre getting ready to need that timeout you just wasted...

Kaiser

Reaction score
I went to Church and then watch the game on tape (West Coast time) and was fast forwarding through commercials. I watched the play carefully when it happened and then when I saw the challenge, I started fast forwarding. I was completely certain the call wouldn't be overturned. I stopped after the commercial with the header showing "Call Overturned" - and knew instantly the game was over.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I was worried in real time as I saw the catch. My uncle said right after "was that a catch". Saw the ball moving a little and was worried. I didn't even get upset or very angry. I knew it was coming. Especially how the ref came out. If the call was going to stand, ref comes out and says "play stands". Once he opened his mouth, you could tell an explanation was coming as to why it was reversed.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
My wife was worried about me for a bit.

I almost...almost broke our coffee table...restrained myself...then looked at the wall...made a fist..

then i restrained myself again.

i'm very proud of myself... no mess to clean up ...no furniture destroyed.

not sure that would of been the case twenty years ago.

Let me remove my head from the plaster wall and I will tell you :angry:

tiny tim

Reaction score
I did not know what to think and I was not sure if the officials got the call right or not. I was just hoping that the Cowboys defense would stop them so we could get the football back.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Needless to say the vodka didn't work, I'll leave it at that I mean have u ever been so pissed u got sober? I could have drank a gallon, but I actually stopped drinking...

Gameover

Reaction score
Some relief. I can actually sleep next Saturday w/o dreaming about the game! Had about 3 this morning.

Knew it was coming when the Fox guy said he would over turn it.

The misery didn't hit me until about an hour after.

Still hurts

Deep down I've always felt we were a year away(or 1 good draft).

Don't think we stop them even if we score.

Don't think we would've beaten Seattle but damn I wanted to make to Seattle

There's winning and there's misery

jimmy40

Reaction score
during the review my wife asked me if that was the same player that was on the field arguing with the refs last week, I said yes, she said well that's not good.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Deep down I knew we would get screwed on that call. I was lying to myself saying there is no way they could overturn it.
After the announcement I was silent then not silent to the point I think I scared my wife and 3 and 1 year olds. A toy hammer was also apparently thrown and damaged the dry wall. Clearly it was my sons fault leaving that hammer right by my foot during that call.
He is now grounded.

Plankton

Reaction score
My reaction in the stands was that it was a horsespit call.

Then, I cheered the defense on to get a stop and get the offense the ball back.

TroyNJ

Reaction score
I'm 50 years old and that loss stung me the worst. Just brutal, I can only imagine what the Team is feeling.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I was highly upset. I thought it was a catch. But after replays and an explanation, I could understand the call. And then I switched to hoping the defense could get a stop or at least hold the Packers to 3 points.

That didn't happen. And I decided I'm not going to stay upset because it doesn't reverse the call, and it won't advance the Cowboys to the next round.

You have to let things not in your control and things you can't do anything about go; otherwise, you become miserable to yourself and others. I'm not going to let the call ruin my life and my relationships. It's just not worth it.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
after screaming about the play being big and going on and on about how we need to go for two after Murray gets a TD.....

I heard the call. Took off my shirt and through it against the wall....I am older so I do have a little restraint, and patience and wisdom... But if I were 18 years old, I might have burnt the house down....

pacboyX

Reaction score
I walked away from tv because I thought it was TD. Come back and im like -_- really.

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
I was highly upset. I thought it was a catch. But after replays and an explanation, I could understand the call. And then I switched to hoping the defense could get a stop or at least hold the Packers to 3 points.

That didn't happen. And I decided I'm not going to stay upset because it doesn't reverse the call, and it won't advance the Cowboys to the next round.

You have to let things not in your control and things you can't do anything about go; otherwise, you become miserable to yourself and others. I'm not going to let the call ruin my life and my relationships. It's just not worth it.

I understand the rule. I dont agree with the call. Even applying that rule, I still dont understand the call!!!

but,

I did think we could get a stop and get the ball back. But THAT CALL sucked the life right from us....I could feel watching it on tv. And, Rodgers was really starting to come alive. He had taken over the game a little at that point.

But I hoped we would. And, on that last play, I dont think Cobb catches that ball unless its tipped!! :)

Miguelitomama

Reaction score
Oh man, I love this gif! You are so right, Miguelitomamma. He is a baller. He does what comes naturally, which is reach out for the score. It was most definitely a football move, to be expected by a player like him.

P.S. I figured out how to attach a picture permanently if you're interested. Go to your user profile and scroll down to Signature. Then you'll see a box that looks like a post. There's a little icon of a box with a landscape. You just cut and paste a URL for any great Cowboy pic off the net!