How did you react when they overturned the Dez catch?

kimrose

Reaction score
P.S. I figured out how to attach a picture permanently if you're interested. Go to your user profile and scroll down to Signature. Then you'll see a box that looks like a post. There's a little icon of a box with a landscape. You just cut and paste a URL for any great Cowboy pic off the net!

Thanks, Miguelito! I will have to try that.

nablives

Reaction score
When they overturned it, I think I said, "I knew it." I didn't punch a wall or yell or anything, I just had a feeling that they were going to overturn it by saying what they ultimately said. I'm never optimistic if the potential win is in the refs hands. I just kept thinking about the Murray fumble, the missed FG, the kickoff they could have recovered, etc. So many missed opportunities to come back and bite them, and that's what happened. That play was just the last straw, or next to last if you count that lucky catch Cobb made after the tipped ball.

ragman

Reaction score
To be honest, I wasn't that surprised. I had a very bad feeling about this game ever since the Lions game. I had a feeling that the refs were going to do something that made up for what happened the prior week against the Lions. And, I was right.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Wordless. Stunned.
I kept waiting for someone to say, he say: "There half been some confusion and the play stands. cowboys ball. First down and goal on the 1-yard line!"
But no won said it.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
The swing of emotions was so huge.

He catches it and I'm basically dancing around the room talking about the size of Romo's balls to make that throw on 4th and 2. Then I see that it's been challenged. I watch the replay and I see the ball pop out after he reaches for the goal line, but I immediately start worriedly telling my wife that they couldn't possibly overturn that. There's no way they can overturn that. More worry creeps in as Pereira says it should be incomplete.

And then it's overturned and I want to cry. I just keep saying out loud that the season can't end like that. It can't end like that.

Season over. :(

ragman

Reaction score
I moved to Dallas from Little Rock, Arkansas when I was 5 in 1962. Somewhere between 1962 and 1967 when the first Ice Bowl was played, I became a Cowboys fan.

Since then, I've lived and died with the Cowboys every week. I've never felt so empty after a loss in my life.

Staubacher

Reaction score
It was like a punch to the gut. Even with 4 minutes left I felt it was over. I usually wouldn't feel that way with 4 minutes left. And absolute hopeless feeling.

I'm almost fifty years old and waited 20 years for a season like this. It felt special and didn't feel like it would end like that. I lost whatever idealism and optimism was left in this cynical man who has seen so much.