How disillusioned with this team are you?

Verdict

Reaction score
Lets see, Falcons have lost two home games against bad teams. Packers lost their starting QB for the year. Seattle has no offense to speak of. New England has no defense to speak of and it's just about time for Gronk to blow a tire. Big Ben throws passes right at the other teams players. Lots of teams have lots of problems so I kind of feel right in the middle of all that.

Well said. Be careful of the rocks though. I think you might get stoned here saying stuff like that.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Not one bit.

I still don't get why so many are pushing the panic button.

3 wins behind Philly
Sub .500 going into the break
Already lost just as many games this year as we did the entire season last year
29th in points allowed
Vaunted oline is a shell of its former self
Our star RB is now suspending until after Thanksgiving, you know, the guy we took in the top 5
Coaching staff making no adjustments and the play calling is suspect at best
We didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher last season, this year every jag in the league is putting 160 on us.
Jaylon is still limping around on one leg and teams are abusing him right and left, but we got nobody else to play his spot.
We still have 2 games against Philly, Seattle, Kansas City, and Atlanta all coming up.

And you are "not one bit" concerned about any of this?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
3 wins behind Philly
Sub .500 going into the break
Already lost just as many games this year as we did the entire season last year
29th in points allowed
Vaunted oline is a shell of its former self
Our star RB is now suspending until after Thanksgiving, you know, the guy we took in the top 5
Coaching staff making no adjustments and the play calling is suspect at best
We didn't allow a single 100 yard rusher last season, this year every jag in the league is putting 160 on us.
Jaylon is still limping around on one leg and teams are abusing him right and left, but we got nobody else to play his spot.
We still have 2 games against Philly, Seattle, Kansas City, and Atlanta all coming up.

And you are "not one bit" concerned about any of this?
Why do you need to make things up? Is 2-3 not bad enough by itself?

The OLine is not a shell of itself.

It's the same coaches as last season.

I think they allowed 100 yards rushing in 2 games and 1 was to Todd Gurley who is not a Jag.

Lee and Hitchens, the starters last year, are likely both playing the next game.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why do you need to make things up? Is 2-3 not bad enough by itself?

The OLine is not a shell of itself.

It's the same coaches as last season.

I think they allowed 100 yards rushing in 2 games and 1 was to Todd Gurley who is not a Jag.

Lee and Hitchens, the starters last year, are likely both playing the next game.

Whatever you tell yourself to help you sleep at night is fine by me bro.............but for the record......

Yes, the online is a shell of its former self without Leary and yes, Doug Free
Yea, its the same coaches from last season that got us "one and done", don't see what is so special about that.
Aaron Jones of the Packers says hello, a 5th round rookie busting it for almost 7 a clip
Lee is made of glass, so how many plays until he is back on the sideline again?

There isn't jack being made up here, but whatever helps you sleep at night is fine by me bro.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whatever you tell yourself to help you sleep at night is fine by me bro.............but for the record......

Yes, the online is a shell of its former self without Leary and yes, Doug Free
Yea, its the same coaches from last season that got us "one and done", don't see what is so special about that.
Aaron Jones of the Packers says hello, a 5th round rookie busting it for almost 7 a clip
Lee is made of glass, so how many plays until he is back on the sideline again?

There isn't jack being made up here, but whatever helps you sleep at night is fine by me bro.

Yes, it's made up. It was one RB and their game plan was to play pass defense on every snap and dare the RB to beat them.

The held Rodgers to 221 yards.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Yes, it's made up. It was one RB and their game plan was to play pass defense on every snap and dare the RB to beat them.

The held Rodgers to 221 yards.

So was that the same strategy against Denver too since CJ Anderson went for almost 120 against us? So lets see add in Gurley, the rookie scrub from the Pack, CJ Anderson, so how many backs are we now up to that have broke the century mark against us?

I thought you said it was just Gurley? Who is the one making up stuff now?

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I'll take a shot at explaining how more that a few of us are feeling right now. I said earlier in this thread I was starting to feel disillusioned with this team, but that's not the right word - disappointed is a better word for how I feel. And it's my own damm fault !
As a 30 year fan, I have seen the ups and downs of the NFL and Cowboys in particular.
But I thought we were thru it. Thought we had finally turned the proverbial corner - no more win one, lose one (seasons). No more 5 - 11 seasons, or 8 - 8 repeatedly. No more great season followed painfully by falling apart for no excusable reason.
I thought with McClay now playing a leading roll in helping pick this roster, with Stephen seeming to take more of the reigns off Jerry.
I thought Man, we got so lucky with Dak, after wasting the Romo years. With him falling into our laps and the FO rightly picked the RB that offsets him, with the Oline.
Ive said repeatedly that a couple of good defensive drafts and we would be dangerous. I thought, I thought finally I could trust they were on the right path.

Now, don't get me wrong. I, like many, love our team ...but man, I'm disappointed at this stage of the season.
If Marrinelli cant see the need for a stout 1-tech to clog and bust up the running game - the front office should by now.
I loved what we did at the corner position and fully understand that it will take some time to gel - but man, we are so very stretched at LB, safety, and at the nose.
Now, I don't blame the FO for not getting Bowman to come here - cant make the guy. He chose the Raiders before even coming to town, would have loved him for the depth we need but you cant get what you never had. But I want to hear and see some sort of attempt over this bye week to address something ! We have open positions with Carrol and Paea gone, and now the never ending Zeek storyline.
So we bought in an inconsistent tackling undrafted LBer - J.ust A.nother G.uy (if he's lucky). And what else have we done ?
40% change on the Oline that is having trouble adjusting, getting absolutely mauled in run defense ......
Show me something, show me your trying to get us thru this till this team gels.
The definition of crazy is doing the same things over and over, and expecting different results - yada yada yada, we've all heard it.
Show me - something !
Get me out of this funk .....

LittleD

Reaction score
You are the second poster I consider a homer (no offense) who finally came around. Welcome to the light.

Yes, I guess you could consider me a "homer" since I've pulled for this team year in and year out since the beginning in 1960. I've seen a lot of bad years and some really good ones and you kind of get a sense about how the team will perform. Though he exudes confidence, Garrett chokes in the 4th quarter especially on crucial situations in games. He isn't in the same zipcode as Bellichek and his assistants don't seem to be able to help him
either. I have this sinking feeling that we will be 4x7 by the time Zeke makes a return.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
I'm not disillusioned, I just believe the Cowboys are going to win the SB every year

:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had high expectations, and five games in, they've been dashed.

And what I had questions about before, looks like a certainty at this point.

These coaches aren't the right guys for the job.

And I'm tired of an antiquated coach and defense that does nothing to put players in position to make plays. Marinelli might be a good defensive line coach, but that's as far as he should go. He can teach a guy to pass rush, but apparently not how to be fundamentally sound overall, just like his defense.

And the decisions that he's made in personnel are a disgrace. Nolan Carroll? Stephen Paea? Joey Ivey? And casting your lot with Taco Charlton over TJ Watt should be enough to get both you and the head coach who sided with you, canned.

And the more experience Prescott gets, the more pass-happy Linehan goes back to. A leopard doesn't change its spots. This team isn't running the ball as effectively as they were last year, but this coordinator gives them no help and has zero commitment to it.

And the coach who put it all together doesn't make things better on either side of the ball. He's not bringing anything to the table either.

There's talent on this team, and no excuse for being 2-3, especially considering the schedule.

I see a division and two teams that have passed this one by like it was standing still. I think they'll be lucky to steal a win against either one. Heck, the Giants may have even gotten things together.

At this point, they have to work hard and win a string of games against some good teams to win back my faith. There's nothing noble about supporting failure.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
What's sad is this would have been a perfect year to potentially go to the super bowl if we had a sold team. Even with these pathetic coaches we have. The parity in the NFL right now is astounding.
But you don't go 21 years with no success for no reason. Thanks Jerry.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's sad is this would have been a perfect year to potentially go to the super bowl if we had a sold team. Even with these pathetic coaches we have. The parity in the NFL right now is astounding.
But you don't go 21 years with no success for no reason. Thanks Jerry.

The opportunity certainly looks to be there, given how up and down the league looks this year. But, until proven otherwise, this team is one of the "downs".

And I don't have faith that this coaching staff has the answers to turn that "down" back to "up".

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
I just have no faith in this team whatsoever.

Time and time again they prove they can't handle any success the following year. 13-3 and we will miss the playoffs this season. We aren't going 8-3 the rest of the way with the schedule we have.

We wasted Romo's career as well as Witten, and now Dak, Dez, and Zeke seem to be on a similar trajectory.

Good for Demarcus Ware for getting out and winning a championship.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
The opportunity certainly looks to be there, given how up and down the league looks this year. But, until proven otherwise, this team is one of the "downs".

And I don't have faith that this coaching staff has the answers to turn that "down" back to "up".
They are the reason it sucks.. well ultimately Jerry is the reason. Ever noticed how we never have multiple good years in a row? Always something.

LittleD

Reaction score

I couldn't agree more... They don't look like a "winning" football team and they don't "play" like a winning football team.
They certainly aren't winning 4th quarters like they did last year for sure.