How do all the doom and gloomers feels now?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am neither a gloomer nor doomer and have 0 issue with the picks. I am glad they didn't use draft capital to move up, better chance to fill those holes.

I like the Williams pick because he's off a SEC team but not one with a great defense. He was their best front 7 player and that hasn't always been the case with picks the Cowboys made out of the SEC. They didn't do that with Charleton, he wasn't even their 3rd best player on that D.

I don't know much about the WR but I am very glad he wasn't a 1st round pick and that Burks was gone.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Got our mauling guard, pass rushing DE, and Smooth, fast receiver in the 3rd.

Werent those all the positions most were complaining about?

Just trying to check the pulse here.
Some people came off the ledge immediately after we didnt take a WR in the first. I think that possibility was a major source of contention for some, and for good reason

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm waiting for one to point out all the negatives of every pick and then tell me how most wont even make most of an impact this year.
You need to read the draft threads.
The same doom and gloomers have not been thrilled with any of our picks so far....or maybe 1 of 3 at best.

Having said that, I'm not seeing Dallas a SB team in 2022. Hope that doesn't make me a doom and gloomer too.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'll stop being doom and gloom when this organization gives me a reason to think otherwise.

You would NEVER blindly trust anything else in your life that has failed over and over for 26 straight years so why do you blindly trust the Cowboys?

"That truck hasn't ran for 26 years, let's take it on a cross county vacation, right?"

"That amusement park ride has been getting stuck for 26 years now. I'm sure it's fine now."

"I don't know bud, that plane's engine has been sputtery for 26 years now, but I'm sure it'll be fine now. Wheels up!"

Do any of you see how ridiculous your logic of "blind trust" is? Expect better and make them earn your trust.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some people came off the ledge immediately after we didnt take a WR in the first. I think that possibility was a major source of contention for some, and for good reason

I have to say I am thankful they didn't do that. The teams that waited until the 2nd round look much smarter today. Heck even the Cowboys look smarter nabbing a good one in the 3rd.

You build from the trenches out.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Got our mauling guard, pass rushing DE, and Smooth, fast receiver in the 3rd.

Werent those all the positions most were complaining about?

Just trying to check the pulse here.
The Cowboys replaced Connor with a 3rd round project that needs a year to develop. They replaced Gregory with a player that should be in jail and got a lucky sack against Alabama. Finally Tolbert played against weak competition and had a garbage time touchdown (sound familiar) against Tennessee. So there :laugh::facepalm:. We should have drafted Linderbaum and traded up to draft the injured Michigan defensive end.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The same doom and gloomers have not been thrilled with any of our picks so far....or maybe 1 of 3 at best.

Having said that, I'm not seeing Dallas a SB team in 2022. Hope that doesn't make me a doom and gloomer too.

how long has it been since you did "See," the team as a Super Bowl team? IM guessing its been quite a while?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m going to state for the record that starting a thread calling out people for opinions is always a negative.

As far as the draft…didn’t like Rd 1 pick to start. I wanted Oline but we took a kid who is highly penalized and who needs coaching and our coaches didn’t show they could fix line issues last season. With that said he has the tools. As far as the next 2 picks I liked them way better as both represented value at that spot with very high upside. Loved the WR in 3rd. Yesterday they were talking him being gone in the 2nd so great grab.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Cowboys will be competitive for sure. But them being a true contender was always going to be a stretch. This was a year of transition in getting.

-getting out from under previous bad mistakes and bad contracts
-rebuilding the Oline
-Continuing to stoke up our young defense.

Im looking at 2023 as the first year of our legitimate window if we do things right this year and next year.

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm waiting for one to point out all the negatives of every pick and then tell me how most wont even make most of an impact this year.
I know who you’re referring to I believe and why waste bandwidth there are fans that can approach this team with optimism

he’s not 1 of them

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m going to state for the record that starting a thread calling out people for opinions is always a negative.

As far as the draft…didn’t like Rd 1 pick to start. I wanted Oline but we took a kid who is highly penalized and who needs coaching and our coaches didn’t show they could fix line issues last season. With that said he has the tools. As far as the next 2 picks I liked them way better as both represented value at that spot with very high upside. Loved the WR in 3rd. Yesterday they were talking him being gone in the 2nd so great grab.
Your comments about the 1st pick are dead on for me. However, Williams is a different player and they even benched him because of the penalties and had to bring him back in and he wasn't any better.

They know they have this challenge with Smith coming in and he was a holding machine at times but he was the best OL on a mediocre OL. Williams was the weak link on what was a good OL.

I look for the coaches to do the same thing to Williams in MIA because that rep will travel with him. They studied the film and knew just how to come at him.

On the other side of this, I think Smith is a bigger meaner and stronger player now than Williams ever became. There is more for the coaches to work with.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The Cowboys replaced Connor with a 3rd round project that needs a year to develop. They replaced Gregory with a player that should be in jail and got a lucky sack against Alabama. Finally Tolbert played against weak competition and had a garbage time touchdown (sound familiar) against Tennessee. So there :laugh::facepalm:. We should have drafted Linderbaum and traded up to draft the injured Michigan defensive end.

LOL.............and there it is folks!!!!

Doomer, welcome to the thread.