How do you guard against peaking too early?

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
I'm not saying we are at all, however - we've been dominant on offense at times and last week we shut down what many consider a top offensive unit (not me - no running attack)
In any event - I do fear that we can burn out - you know what I mean?
We've collapsed after Turkey Day so often over the last 10 years that I'm very wary of that.
We wanna be playing hard nosed football come the stretch - which is also why I think it's imperative that we mix in carries and touches for Felix Jones and even Choice - heck I may even pick up Rudi Johnson for a few touches a game , if Choice can't produce.
MB3 is a violent beast and I want him that way when Santa comes to town -you dig?

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
Reality;2284649 said:
Play the Rams the last game of the season?

-Reality

shakespeare-tissue-box-cover-4.jpg

- Real Reality

JohnnyMac

Benched
Reaction score
theebs;2284675 said:
now choice cant produce?

Your super awesome.

HAVE YOU SEEN HIM PRODUCE ON THE PRO LEVEL??? HAVE YOU???? Did I say he couldnt??? :bang2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2284584 said:
I'm not saying we are at all, however - we've been dominant on offense at times and last week we shut down what many consider a top offensive unit (not me - no running attack)
They were dominant before the game, now they aren't?

Okay...

We've collapsed after Turkey Day so often over the last 10 years that I'm very wary of that.
Are you by any chanced an animated cricket?

We wanna be playing hard nosed football come the stretch - which is also why I think it's imperative that we mix in carries and touches for Felix Jones and even Choice - heck I may even pick up Rudi Johnson for a few touches a game , if Choice can't produce.
Oh, so we should pick up Rudi Johnson who is on the Lions. Good plan. How do you propose we do that? I think I'd rather not have a tampering charge and loss of draft picks, but that's just me.

MB3 is a violent beast and I want him that way when Santa comes to town -you dig?
I have a shovel. I've done my fair share of digging. I think you're crying about nothing again.

Where do you live? I want to invest in Kleenex there.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If you are truly good, you really do not have to peak.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Everybody tends to bash you when you open a thread....atleast you are determined to keep posting. But I think You might have peaked :(

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2284686 said:
HAVE YOU SEEN HIM PRODUCE ON THE PRO LEVEL??? HAVE YOU???? Did I say he couldnt??? :bang2:

Yes. he has been terrific on special teams.

In his limited carries in the preseason and in the cleveland game I would say he will be fine for the role he is in.

Special teams probably does not matter to you, Owens and romo dont play special teams so you probably are not too worried about them.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
JohnnyMac;2284584 said:

I don't like you.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2284584 said:

Why are you asking us?

Why would we care if your Giants flamed out at season's end?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
JohnnyMac;2284584 said:

We're no were near peaking yet. All the penalties, Romo and the offense having execution slip ups. 1 of our starting guards is still out. Pacman is still adjusting. RW is hurt. Believe me, as good as we are, and oooh we are the darn best we still have so much more potential and work to do, eventhough right now we are pretty much unstoppable. This is a dynasty in the making only because we are already this dynamic and still aren't at full tilt yet. We still have alot of wrinkles offensively and defensively to throw at our opponents also. We by no means have peaked, we are just so superior talent wise and playbook wise to th rest of the NFL it seems we are peaking. We could be #1 offensively and defensively with the talent we have but that isnt important, peaking at the right timeis and we will be good in December, January and Febuary. We'll be good for the nest 3 years.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
If you're peaking to early, talk to your doctor. He can give you a pill for that.

;)

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
How do you avoid peaking too early??

That's easy-- you suck at the start of the season... then the only place to go is up...

Excuse me if I prefer having to worry about peaking too early...

cowboyed

Reaction score
To avoid peaking too early think unpleasant thoughts or about your upcoming tax return...