How do you guys think Osa is doing?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yup. Craws was a very good player. Too bad we forced him to play out of position at DE and overpaid him. He would've been loved as a DT for 3 mil.

Crawford's body didn't last as a DT. Was too slow for a 4-3 DE.
Needed to play as a 3-4 DE, what he was drafted to be.

Osa seems to be in the same position, though Quinn seems to want more 3 man fronts but just can't get the personnel.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Osa is just a 2nd year guy. Lets not deem him a JAG yet. He still has much room 2 grow. Same with Bo. Neville on the other hand needs 2 step up. I will say this abut Neville, he hasnt played much football at all before college. He's still kinda green. He was a wrestler actually so he has some tools. We gotta be patient.

T-RO

Reaction score
A little Disappointed in his development. Not because I don’t think he is doing ok, but because he came out so strong the first month or so of last year that I perhaps expected too much from him too soon.

Purely from a statistical standpoint this is true. He's been quieter in his tackles and stuff stats the past month. Is hard, IMO, to do a thorough/fair evaluation purely from that. Does seem like he's dropped off.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
A little Disappointed in his development. Not because I don’t think he is doing ok, but because he came out so strong the first month or so of last year that I perhaps expected too much from him too soon. Still a young kid who can develop. Just not quite stout enough in the run game to offset his lack of splash plays at this point for a starting 3 tech. Still he is a key rotation guy for us. Just hasn’t played well enough to separate himself from the pack. I think like the rest of our front 7 he would be one dominant DT next to him from looking better
Me too- the start he had last year, I thought he was going to be a big disrupter from the inside and compliment D- Law and this years breakout Armstrong on the outside. As well as Parsons from wherever he lines up. Not sure what happened or if its just one of those sophomore slumps.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He gets pushed around when he cannot win with quickness. When we get blown off the ball he is often front and center.

He is a plus pass rusher with his quickness and technique.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Out of all the young DT’s taken in the draft lately by Dallas he’s the best. Chased Ridgeway and Hill out of town .

I thought Gallimore had promise and he still might show up consistently .

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford's body didn't last as a DT. Was too slow for a 4-3 DE.
Needed to play as a 3-4 DE, what he was drafted to be.

Osa seems to be in the same position, though Quinn seems to want more 3 man fronts but just can't get the personnel.
Odighi is a true 3tech DT.
- He said he was over 290 in camp.
- Aaron Donald plays at about 290.

• Crawford
  • Good DE vs run
  • Good DT vs pass
  • Got overpaid but that does not mean he was a bad player.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Osa is just a 2nd year guy. Lets not deem him a JAG yet. He still has much room 2 grow. Same with Bo. Neville on the other hand needs 2 step up. I will say this abut Neville, he hasnt played much football at all before college. He's still kinda green. He was a wrestler actually so he has some tools. We gotta be patient.
Osa was the wrestler. Was Gallimore also a wrestler?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How do you guys think he is doing? Does he have promise or is he kind of just soon to be depth

Fits in with the rotational types we're been drafting at DT over the years, players like Maliek Collins and Gallimore. We haven't really hit on a special player at that position with those mid-round picks or even our second-rounder (Hill). They really are about what you should expect in the third round and beyond unless you get lucky. Quinn got lucky and found one while in Atlanta in Grady Jarrett, so that just fans the flames of thinking you can easily find a steal. We likely need to really invest in the position, though, if we want more than just depth. Or maybe we get lucky on our ninth or 10th try.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Love me some Osa. Probably our best DT and he's a smart guy too.

Love that he and his brother were able to make it to the NFL despite their father being in prison for the last 20 years because of a mass shooting he committed.
Wait. What??

FaSho

Reaction score
I think he's fine, just not really strong enuff inside like we need yet. Maybe in time he will be. Dorance Armstrong was a late bloomer at edge and MAYBE he will be the same at DT. We need Big Bohanna to be healthy and better inside. Same with Neville.

Agreed, and Gallimore is the one I'm REALLY disappointed in...I thought he was going to be good!

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Osa is best suited to do well as a pass rusher who gets penetration but gets few sacks. He often gets worn down in the 2nd half of games, when he struggles to limit the run. Getting bigger and stronger DTs should serve this team far better in the future to solve that problem.

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
Can anyone say "Jimmie Jones". He is not the run plug DT, not the starter DT, but he makes plays when called on and is a very good depth chart DT.
Yes a very solid rotational piece.