How do you propose we fix the offensive line and entire defense if Dak gets paid?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
We have added to the defense and a QBs salary won't stop that. You have to quit drafting and/or paying for trash players. If you can't do that you can pay bare minimum for a QB and the defense won't ever change. Money isn't the issue.

Correct it's funny other FO's dont have a problem paying their franchise QB other than Snyder... and how is that great defense with a revolving door at QB working for him?

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I would argue that Dalton is not a downgrade. But have it your way. You pay Dak and see how successful we are we will be in cap hell for the duration of his contract.

so you think Dalton would be scoring MORE points than Dak is on this current team... you can say that and keep a straight face?

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
If I'm Dak I make this decision for you - I'm not signing a long-term deal with the Cowboys. Let some other sucker try to drag that team around only to get blamed when they lose 100-99.
this is what romo should of done when he was here he should of moved on to a different team

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
If I'm Dak I make this decision for you - I'm not signing a long-term deal with the Cowboys. Let some other sucker try to drag that team around only to get blamed when they lose 100-99.
What's sad? The haters would toss Brady under the bus as well if he were Dallas's Quarterback. That's how idiotic they are. :lmao:

Romotil45

Reaction score
so you think Dalton would be scoring MORE points than Dak is on this current team... you can say that and keep a straight face?

It doesnt matter how many points you score if the defense gives up more. I said Dalton was not a downgrade I didnt say anything about points. The point of the original post was that you will not have enough capspace if you pay dak to improve this defense. Yes Dalton can drive the bus as well as Dak,

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It doesnt matter how many points you score if the defense gives up more. I said Dalton was not a downgrade I didnt say anything about points. The point of the original post was that you will not have enough capspace if you pay dak to improve this defense. Yes Dalton can drive the bus as well as Dak,
Have you noticed we are well past the stage of needing a bus driver? :lmao:

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We have this overlapping issue it seems where we wasted the prime of our offensive line with Dak, including the previous group of receivers that got tossed out as well because of Romo's situation.

Now we have all the young talented receivers you could ask for but in this time the oline has fallen apart and the defense has a bunch of brandon carrs at literally every position.

We know what Dak cant do with lesser receivers, we know what Dak still cant do with great receivers, how do we get a jump start to fixing this team within 1-2 seasons rather than hopefully building up over several seasons, by then losing whatever talent we had left at OL, RB, and possibly WR?

The offense is already stacked vs the defense in terms of cap space used, and there's no way we could expect better results on offense if those key talents are gone so what do we do?

in reality we dont..i wonder if we could beg Dak to take less??

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Our CAP is already destroyed hence the problem with the 3 year deal.

You just dont seem to realize that it's not so much the money it's the length of deal that's the issue. If he wants a 3 year deal and wants to stay in Dallas he'll need to accept less than he would in Indianapolis (and New England) and that's where French comes in.....

Dallas currently is 24 mill under the cap and one of a few with the most cap space in the NFL. You don't have a clue as to what you are talking about. You want Dak gone, fine that is your opinion nothing more

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We have this overlapping issue it seems where we wasted the prime of our offensive line with Dak, including the previous group of receivers that got tossed out as well because of Romo's situation.

Now we have all the young talented receivers you could ask for but in this time the oline has fallen apart and the defense has a bunch of brandon carrs at literally every position.

We know what Dak cant do with lesser receivers, we know what Dak still cant do with great receivers, how do we get a jump start to fixing this team within 1-2 seasons rather than hopefully building up over several seasons, by then losing whatever talent we had left at OL, RB, and possibly WR?

The offense is already stacked vs the defense in terms of cap space used, and there's no way we could expect better results on offense if those key talents are gone so what do we do?
Another Dak hating troll.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Another not so carefully disguised Dak bash thread that puts all losses on the QB, and all wins on the rest of the team.

The Cowboys have the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL right now. Dak doesn't seem to be the problem.

As for what we do going forward … we draft and sign strategic free agents and do the things that teams have to do. All teams. Successful teams don't just keep the same personnel year after year - all teams have to maneuver to build and/or maintain a strong roster. This isn't somehow you unique to the Cowboys and doesn't just apply to a team that has Dak at QB.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Another not so carefully disguised Dak bash thread that puts all losses on the QB, and all wins on the rest of the team.

The Cowboys have the 3rd highest scoring offense in the NFL right now. Dak doesn't seem to be the problem.

As for what we do going forward … we draft and sign strategic free agents and do the things that teams have to do. All teams. Successful teams don't just keep the same personnel year after year - all teams have to maneuver to build and/or maintain a strong roster. This isn't somehow you unique to the Cowboys and doesn't just apply to a team that has Dak at QB.
not at all, but thanks for providing an answer instead of just hijacking the thread

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score

If that happens, I hope that the people that like Dak more than the Cowboys go with him to his new team.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Not all posts proposing not to give Dak what he reported wanted (4 year contract from 2020) are blaming Dak.

I agree Dak isnt the problem.

Indeed, some of us acknowledge that he's a good(ish) QB (8th best QBR backs this), however, the CAP figures for a 3 year contract brings up the question ...are we able to compete in those 3 years with this Defense and lack of O-Line depth?

For me it's a no.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

How do we manoeuvre in the 3 years of a Dak (market value) deal:

The draft - isnt going to give immediate results (maybe one top level a year if we're lucky - look at Diggs, he shows promise but it'll possibly take another 12/18 months).

Sign strategic free agents? - so easy to say, but the problem is that with a CAP of 2021 - 2022 - 6th worse and 2023 - bottom other teams are going to be able to out bid us for virtually anyone of note, hence taking gambles on McCoy/Poe and look how they've worked.

Restructure: - the same players that are already showing health issues: Lawrence, Smith, Collins, LVE

Cut players - cant start doing this until 2022 and whilst yep cutting Zeke/Amari would save money, did doesnt save much for the years 2022/2023 as we'd need to extend both Pollard and Gallup.

I can see French telling Dak....look: Indianapolis (or New England) , better all round teams for the next 3 years and A LOT more money, much more than Dallas can afford.