How do you run it twice when Dak took you down the field?

Cmac

Reaction score
Zeke refuses to run to the outside. Just as in Rams playoff loss.
Zeke....2019 Fall Guy.....Outside of Barry Sanders, they're aren't many RBs getting yards without blocking....you seem to think so, and that's probably why this 5-4 team still looks promising to you.

Nav22

Reaction score
0-3 in 1-score games this year.

9-3 in 1-score games last year.

There’s your 5-4 record.

Tommy

Reaction score
Even if Kellen called those two run plays, it’s up to the HEAD COACH to intervene if necessary and make the appropriate adjustment(s). The head coach failed to do that, and frankly, it’s another feather in the cap for the Fire Garrett camp for Jerry.
Cool story.

So Jason Garrett is suppose to stay out of the way unless Kellen Moore calls a play he doesn’t like? Then he is suppose to intervene and change the play?

Nav22

Reaction score
Paying Zeke cost us so much more than the money he’ll be making.

It’s forcing us to be a “run-first” team even when Dak is clearly the guy who should have the ball in his hands, because now we have to justify paying Zeke what we paid him.

If we had a cheap RB in the backfield, there is zero chance we run it twice for -3 to put us in 4th and 5.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Imagine paying a guy 90MM and people are upset that the final 3 plays of the drive to essentially win the game went to that guy.

Hint: I hated the first two runs (on the pass play we had a guy come wide open).....but when giving Zeke the ball with 2 yards out and he can't get it done twice. Why do we have him and why are we paying him this much money?

All week...THIS WEEK....people were like Zeke always falls forward and those 5 yard runs win games and not the flashy plays....that stupid narrative didn't even survive a full week.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Cool story.

So Jason Garrett is suppose to stay out of the way unless Kellen Moore calls a play he doesn’t like? Then he is suppose to intervene and change the play?
Did I say that? It was a huge situational moment in the game and Garrett just stood there with that dumb look on his face. He may have spit but I'm not sure; that'd be asking too much from him. There are moments in the game whether it's in the 1st or 4th quarter where Garrett needs to EARN HIS PAYCHECK and dictate the playcalling, offensively or defensively.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I forgot about the first one, but on the second run zeke had no shot. None at all.

Anyone that wants to put this on moore thats fine.... but my question is then what the hell is garret doing on the sideline. He's the head guy, he can overrule the calls.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They were not going to let them run for the first. They were playing the run the entire game.
Thank you! Even Rowdy could've seen that. This was more of the same crap we did against the Saints and Jets. Their strength/style was to stop the run FIRST and LAST. What does a Garrett-led team then do? They blindly, but predictably, march straight into the buzz-saw.

"Well, it's about imposing our game plan". "It's all about how we all approach the game". "FIGHT".

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Zeke....2019 Fall Guy.....Outside of Barry Sanders, they're aren't many RBs getting yards without blocking....you seem to think so, and that's probably why this 5-4 team still looks promising to you.

lol. He REFUSES to run to the outside. Everything is up the middle.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
I am a huge zeke fan but I have to admit all night his body language was the worse . He looked defeated after Viking scored the first time.

Cmac

Reaction score
lol. He REFUSES to run to the outside. Everything is up the middle.
We wanted him to be AJones of GB.....tonight we want him to be like DCook…..who we want him to be like next week? And if so, then I want the OL to be similar to the likes Newton/Big E Williams/LAllen/KGoogan/etc....and JG like Jimmy Johnson.....and KMoore miraculously like Norv Turner.