How do you run it twice when Dak took you down the field?

Cmac

Reaction score
I am a huge zeke fan but I have to admit all night his body language was the worse . He looked defeated after Viking scored the first time.
I'd have to ask.....what did guys on the Defense look like?...….what did the OL look like?....what did our OC look like?

Chrispierce

Reaction score
What can we say? It’s another Garrett finish. You never do solve the investigation,but you always know he’s the leading suspect based on the type of killing it is.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
Still unbelievable to me that folks put their stamp of approval on asinine playcalling at critical times.

Ready to hear Mick and Brian downplay the negative impact of running the ball on first down so much when it has been so stupidly CLEAR for "years" now this continually puts us in detrimental positions and is playing into every defenses hands.

Gonna take someone like Zimmer to just say yeah, "we tell our guys to play the run on first down since it's been like 70% over the last 3 years, I mean why not ya know?". Then play pass on 2nd and 3rd downs while showing blitz and dropping out.

Other than that I love Moore's playcalling myself. That one has to be tied to Garrett tho as linehan did the same thing.

So weird though because everytime they do break away from this trend the offense runs so seemingly effortlessly. Best looking O in the league. Then revert. I don't get it

I guess what's even more asinine is I'm still complaining about something they obviously have no plans of changing.

smitty313

Reaction score
Run hadn't worked all night.....game on the line Inside the 20 and run to Zeke twice to get stuffed

I NEED to know who's decision that was....
Garrett started realizing how much time was left on the clock and said just run it a couple times instead of staying with what was working

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
When it comes to our our play calling acumen, it amazes me how we keep ramming Zeke into the middle of an opponent's d-line, when the opposition stops him cold throughout the entire game. Granted, we finally started figuring it out in the 2nd half, although, keeping it up after that to the extent that we did was still absurd. To keep doing the same thing and expecting different results isn't the work of practical coaching -- it's just pathetic. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
Still unbelievable to me that folks put their stamp of approval on asinine playcalling at critical times.

Ready to hear Mick and Brian downplay the negative impact of running the ball on first down so much when it has been so stupidly CLEAR for "years" now this continually puts us in detrimental positions and is playing into every defenses hands.

Gonna take someone like Zimmer to just say yeah, "we tell our guys to play the run on first down since it's been like 70% over the last 3 years, I mean why not ya know?". Then play pass on 2nd and 3rd downs while showing blitz and dropping out.

Other than that I love Moore's playcalling myself. That one has to be tied to Garrett tho as linehan did the same thing.

So weird though because everytime they do break away from this trend the offense runs so seemingly effortlessly. Best looking O in the league. Then revert. I don't get it

I guess what's even more asinine is I'm still complaining about something they obviously have no plans of changing.

So are you going to ignore that Dak chose the rn over the pass on 3rd and 2, and also chose Zeke on 4th down?
The 3rd down play was an RPO per Zeke meaning Dak could've thrown it as well.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
1. Decides to kick a 57 yarder and give Minnesota a free ride to the end zone.
2. Decided to keep running Zeke into brick walls, keeping us in 2 and longs, 3rd and longs.
3. Tries to slow the game down, when we were behind.
4. Dak easily moving the ball, then decides that we don't need to leave time on the clock, so let's run the freaking ball. Score first, worry about everything else later idiot.

Million other coaching mistakes in this game, but I'm just tired of it. I've watched this for 10 years now.

TruBluSince1982

Reaction score
So are you going to ignore that Dak chose the rn over the pass on 3rd and 2, and also chose Zeke on 4th down?
The 3rd down play was an RPO per Zeke meaning Dak could've thrown it as well.

Could be true. Coach'em up better.

Being idiotic with talent coming out the ears is getting to be old schtick. Dallas clearly has more talented players than Minn. (Especially tonight with their injuries).

HungryLion

Reaction score
2. Decided to keep running Zeke into brick walls, keeping us in 2 and longs, 3rd and longs.
4. Dak easily moving the ball, then decides that we don't need to leave time on the clock, so let's run the freaking ball. Score first, worry about everything else later idiot.

Million other coaching mistakes in this game, but I'm just tired of it. I've watched this for 10 years now.

It was amazing that Garret pretty much made the wrong decision every time.

you forgot to mention. 1. Punt from Minny’s 40. 2. Don’t try to block the punt and set up a return, only for the return to be well blocked and tell the returner to call for a fair catch.

Dre11

Reaction score
Could be true. Coach'em up better.

Being idiotic with talent coming out the ears is getting to be old schtick. Dallas clearly has more talented players than Minn. (Especially tonight with their injuries).

Coach him up? THEY put the ball in his hand to make the right read . He had a heck of a game,

Dre11

Reaction score
So Dak is the reason they run the ball 70% of the time on 1st down over the last four years as well? Find that hard to believe.[/QUOTE

Did I say that? But a lot of our run are zone reads but we hardly ever see Dak pull the ball. Even when it's there, he has that trust in Zeke

Trueboysfan

Reaction score
I thought those two play calls were the worst two of the game...runner up is the fair catch.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score

Garett is so bad he’ll never have another coaching job as head coach after this . Jerry has wasted so many good rosters on this brain dead idiot . I’m numb to it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Everybody happy this morning?

Might as well be, nothing has or will change with the coaching brain trust during the season. Embrace the inevitable ineptitude.