Video: How does any coach overcome or fix this?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
And ultimately the meddling by Jerry was too much.

As it will be for anyone. And why we are basically in a hopeless situation not everyone is willing to accept.
...and isn't doing what everyone will accept, the most prudent course of action? :facepalm:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I do not care.

Jerry's ego will always be our #1 problem. There is nothing Dallas can do about that.

But Jerry does get quality players and even though they have a country club atmosphere at Valley Ranch they can still hire themselves a coach that gets the most out of that talent instead of a guy that plays a 50/50 brand of football.

IT's time for JAson to go. Stop making excuses for him. 10 years has proven what he is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I do not care.

Jerry's ego will always be our #1 problem. There is nothing Dallas can do about that.

But Jerry does get quality players and even though they have a country club atmosphere at Valley Ranch they can still hire themselves a coach that gets the most out of that talent instead of a guy that plays a 50/50 brand of football.

IT's time for JAson to go. Stop making excuses for him. 10 years has proven what he is.
Garrett will be gone. You can count on it. The 10 years has proved once again how difficult it is to overcome Jerry. I’m not sure what it’s proven beyond that.

Even one of the most successful HOF HC didn’t have any more success this era with Jerry. I’m not sure why we’re hopeful anything will change much.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Garrett will be gone. You can count on it. The 10 years has proved once again how difficult it is to overcome Jerry. I’m not sure what it’s proven beyond that.

Even one of the most successful HOF HC didn’t have any more success this era with Jerry. I’m not sure why we’re hopeful anything will change much.

Parcells wasn't here long enough.

He was a huge success and built a foundation for bad head coaches like Wade and Garrett to build on.

This franchise had no direction or talent and Parcells changed that while he was here and I do think a lot of that rubbed off on the Jones's.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its going to take a cultural makeover in the organization from the front office on down. Jerry and family have to stop being buddies with the players and coddling the coaches so that they can demand excellence without personal feelings in the way. There is no reason our special teams coach or Brett Maher should still have jobs. Its almost an organization maxim that if given enough opportunity, anyone can succeed. It just doesn't work in the NFL.

Zordon

Reaction score
I bed to differ (not argue) but I believe fans want to win and winning creates stars of all shapes, sizes and personalities and gives everyone joy

For example, Refrigerator Perry was a huge DT that clogged up the middle and ran for TDs and people loved him

Kenny Gant became a star win the Cowboys were winning, otherwise everyone would think he was just an idiot running around acting like a shark and if he'd just focus on football, they'd probably win something

Winning is the tide that lifts all boats, makes the most $$ & it should always be the number 1 priority

And for any of you young-ins who don't know who Kenny Gant is, check this out:

With all the glitz and glamour exuding from The Star and that stadium, it's going to be extremely difficult for any coach to build a formidable defense here. It's just not in our DNA.