How does anyone sign ET now without “disrespecting”

Reaction score
If the $14-15m/year ship has sailed, how do you even make an offer to him that he won’t be insulted by? He clearly thinks he deserves to be highest paid S, but market does not agree. Will he even be motivated to play if he has to sign for $10-12m?

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
If the $14-15m/year ship has sailed, how do you even make an offer to him that he won’t be insulted by? He clearly thinks he deserves to be highest paid S, but market does not agree. Will he even be motivated to play if he has to sign for $10-12m?

I’d give him the opportunity to earn the full 14-15 with playing time escalators and provisions.

You are healthy and play 90% of snaps? Here’s your money!

Make all pro? Boom bonus.

We win the big one? Here’s a yacht.

Carson

Reaction score
I’d give him the opportunity to earn the full 14-15 with playing time escalators and provisions.

I agree. I don’t think he’s getting that 15 million.

I’d give him 12 and say here’s the best you’re going to get.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
He's gonna wind up in Houston and they will give him his money, the question is whether it becomes a 2 or 3 year deal

LittleD

Reaction score

The Texans will pay him in the end and we will wave him goodbye and good riddance.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Understand what you saying OP but he can always look in the mirror and figure out what happened (lol). Doubt 32 teams are wrong...

Bowdown27

Reaction score
He's gonna wind up in Houston and they will give him his money, the question is whether it becomes a 2 or 3 year deal
Houston has its hearts set on Gipson.
Niners haven’t been in touch with earl.
I don’t think us signing earl hurts tank chances. I think right after they should focus on his contract

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys are the ones being disrespected by such an old player. He would make up any difference in a contract offer EASILY by wearing the Star helmet/uniform in endorsements. ET is looking out for himself first, as are the Cowboys.

Sydla

Reaction score
If the market has truly dried up on him, he doesn't have much of a choice here.

Although I could see the Cowboys holding at like $9MM a year over 3 years and then some team swoop in on a one year deal for like $14MM and pluck him out from under us.

This franchise should be ready for this. But they won't be. They'll likely be stubborn and stupid.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

That’s the way to do it.