How does Bijan compare to Zeke as a prospect?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think people's judgement on this will be clouded by how things went with Zeke in the NFL, but if looking fairly at Zeke as he was coming out of college, he was easily the better prospect. He was just as fast, bigger/stronger, and was more productive in college.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I think people's judgement on this will be clouded by how things went with Zeke in the NFL, but if looking fairly at Zeke as he was coming out of college, he was easily the better prospect. He was just as fast, bigger/stronger, and was more productive in college.
This is true

glimmerman

Reaction score
RB like Elliot come along once in a while. A throwback tough all around complete back. We ran his legs off and paid him. He didn’t have the same offseason program as Emmitt. Did not last as long. I will say that I think Elliot will be on a mission this year. But not worth 16 million. If he gets an offer I bet JJ will think about matching it if it’s low enough. If he gets 3 million offer I think JJ matches it against SJ wishes. He is about to pay a RB that is healing from a broken leg 10 million.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Cavanaugh said Robinson is the best prospect he has ever graded and I heard some yahoo (Broaddus) compare him to Barry Saunders. Barkley blows him out the water in my opinion. I hope the Eagles draft Robinson so this argument will be moot.

Sydla

Reaction score
If you go by the NFL site's draft grades:

Elliott was a 7.30 (Barkley was around 7.50 I believe).

Robinson is a 6.84 (or 6.74, can't remember).

But as pointed out on the Draft Board, some of the pundits like Jeremiah talk about Robinson as the best TB talent in a decade.

blueblood70

Reaction score
100% Ill give them a wash but if one has to be chosen, its zeke for sure. he not only did it in college comes in and as rookie is the best rb in the nfl and did that for 3 straight years.

but those saying BR is better and faster and more athletic, doesn't remember young college zeke

b2b 1800 yards in college , 44 tds, big game production and then comes in year one here and gets nearly 1700 yards and the rushing crown best back in the nfl for 3 seasons. seriously that nearly 3 straight 1800 yards from college to pros..

same size, speed, and productive in college but zeke was picked 4th overall because he was looked at as generational.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you're talking from UT, then Earl Campbell would like a word.
there are so many though, hard to choose deonta, Johnson, Ricky, heck dont forget Cedrick Benson..im taking ricky over BR not sure why BR is gettig so much hype over this long rich history of great UT backs who soem can in and proved it in the NFL.. so until BR proves it in the nfl, he cant be chosen over Earl, Ricky, charles, or cedrick as they had an NFL career to back up their hype.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can we please get an objective point of view? Longhorn fans can be just a bit delusional at times.
IM a huge UT fan and would take Zeke over BR, not by much but zeke wins it.. he had better college career , not by much but then backed it up in the pros. you can t argue 2 straight 1800yard seasons in college that included some 200 yard games in the NCAA playoffs followed up by 1700yard and rushing title in the pros.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Zeke was a better prospect. Pretty sure Robinson sucked on the big stage in college.
Robinson didn't really play many "big stage" games. Only appeared in one bowl game. Obviously Texas wasn't good enough to make it to a Big XII championship game or a playoff game. Facing Alabama is likely the only game he played in that could be considered a "big stage" and this was a down Alabama team. The Big XII is full of teams that play lousy defense and mostly focus on stopping the pass.

200 yard games in college
Elliott 5
Robinson 3

150 yards games in college
Elliott 10
Robinson 7

100 yard games in college
Elliott 22
Robinson 18

Elliott was considered the better prospect. Elliott was the more productive back in college.

I like Robinson. He may turn out to be a very nice player. No guarantees. If he doesn't make it to 26, which seems ikley, it isn't going to matter. If Dallas gets him, I'll definitely root for him and hope for the best. If they pass on him, I won't lose sleep over it.

joseephuss

Reaction score
there are so many though, hard to choose deonta, Johnson, Ricky, heck dont forget Cedrick Benson..im taking ricky over BR not sure why BR is gettig so much hype over this long rich history of great UT backs who soem can in and proved it in the NFL.. so until BR proves it in the nfl, he cant be chosen over Earl, Ricky, chris johnson, or cedrick as they had an NFL career to back up their hype.
You mean Jamaal Charles instead of Chris Johnson.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Robinson didn't really play many "big stage" games. Only appeared in one bowl game. Obviously Texas wasn't good enough to make it to a Big XII championship game or a playoff game. Facing Alabama is likely the only game he played in that could be considered a "big stage" and this was a down Alabama team. The Big XII is full of teams that play lousy defense and mostly focus on stopping the pass.

Elliott 5
Robinson 3

Elliott 10
Robinson 7

Elliott 22
Robinson 18

Elliott was considered the better prospect. Elliott was the more productive back in college.

I like Robinson. He may turn out to be a very nice player. No guarantees. If he doesn't make it to 26, which seems ikley, it isn't going to matter. If Dallas gets him, I'll definitely root for him and hope for the best. If they pass on him, I won't lose sleep over it.
right more yards, more tds, bigger games and people calling BR more athletic dont remember zeks on the filed but also a big time track star state sprinter and hurdler.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Elliott 5
Robinson 3

Elliott 10
Robinson 7

Elliott 22
Robinson 18

He also faced the #4 ranked TCU last season - in a game they really needed him to shine, he had a whopping 29 yards on 12 carries.