How does Dak get credit for his rookie year but Linehan gets blame since

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
X00av8k.gif
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Because back then we didn't have both the league leading rusher and a top 5 scoring defense

Sounds like excuses for Linehan and Garrett. In the same way some accuse Dak Supporters always blaming the other players for Dak's mistakes or lost games.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
It was the politically correct thing to say. You wanted him to blast his front office? Lol

Every QB needs help
Where did I say or imply that I wanted him to blast the FO? Please use rational questioning and not binary junk. I also never said anything about a qb not needing help so what's your point? Some people can do more with less and Dak hasn't shown to be that guy in the pros consistently that I know of.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Where did I say or imply that I wanted him to blast the FO? Please use rational questioning and not binary junk. I also never said anything about a qb not needing help so what's your point? Some people can do more with less and Dak hasn't shown to be that guy in the pros consistently that I know of.

If he hadn't had been politically correct, the only other route would have been as such. Pretty simple really.

Dak has already shown he can do more with less lmao

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
All I can say is that Zeke led the league in rushing but he only had 6 TDS.

You can't blame Zeke because he is the best player on the team.

Someone has to take responsibility for 20 carries for 47 yards rushing.

And that 4th and 1 blunder run.

And only 22 points because you got gifted a pi call and a lucky TD with 2 minutes left.

And not kicking the offsides kick when the opponent ran easily at will against you the entire game

Somebody deserved to get fired.

The offense sputtered to score all year. The Te core got 1 td in 15 games and Zeke only got 6 TDS . It's definitely a scheme problem.

They should still fire Garrett but he's just a puppet so whats the point .

You'd have to be drunk to leave swaim out there on every passing snap for 15 games.

Garrett doesn't strike me as a Drunk. Hmm. Lmao

Philmonroe

Reaction score
If he hadn't had been politically correct, the only other route would have been as such. Pretty simple really.

No it's not an either or thing but y'all always have an excuse for Dak. He hasn't shown he can do more with less in the pros with any consistency hence why people like to show his stats with and without Cooper. Even your pro Dak crew don't agree with that stuff you kicking

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
Average? Not having a losing season and getting to the second round of the playoffs twice in ones first 3 years is average? What blame has dak escaped? he has been bashed nonstop on this board and even during a winning streak.

Linehan gets bashed because he keeps calling plays like we had the 2016 online. The kellen moore hire is questionable as well.

Wish I could like this multiple times. The kid has done nothing but win, but still gets constantly scrutinize.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Dak is Alex Smith. You know what you’re getting every Sunday regardless of circumstances.

High floor / low ceiling.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Sounds like excuses for Linehan and Garrett. In the same way some accuse Dak Supporters always blaming the other players for Dak's mistakes or lost games.

So, if I understand you correctly, you don't think a teams odds of success go up if they have a top 5 scoring defense *and* the league's leading rusher

Interesting

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So, if I understand you correctly, you don't think a teams odds of success go up if they have a top 5 scoring defense *and* the league's leading rusher

Interesting

Garrett had a solid running game in 2014 and we have had good defenses before. How many excuses does the head coaching and coaching staff get. If a team goes through multiple QBs during a coaches tenure and can't get past the divisional round, then coaching has to eventually be looked at as a problem.

CWR

Reaction score
Wow, Im suprised to see so many Linehan fans on here.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Garrett had a solid running game in 2014 and we have had good defenses before. How many excuses does the head coaching and coaching staff get. If a team goes through multiple QBs during a coaches tenure and can't get past the divisional round, then coaching has to eventually be looked at as a problem.

I'm not saying we couldn't improve coaching wise. I'm sure you are correct that we could. I'm not a huge JG backer by any stretch

I'm just saying that when you have both the league leading rusher and a top 5 or 6 scoring defense twice in 3 years, your odds of success increase dramatically

zenmastersauce

Reaction score
You don't win in this league like this. This weird thing you folks think that if we just start putting in the playbook to "run more", that will answer all our problems

1. You have no idea if Dak is being told not to run
2. Most "runs" in the NFL aren't designed, it's the QB having the awareness in a situational spot to know when to take off

This isn't college football.
Except I bet he is being told to kind of stick to the pocket. You forget that Dak in all likelihood will stick more to the game plan than make his own. And regardless I still do not think they were running plays that took advantage of his strengths and the other offensive guys on the team.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I still can't reconcile Prescott's rookie year.

He was so effective and we ran plays designed right to his somewhat limited skill set. I don't know where it came from, but it disappeared early last season and has rarely been seen since.

For the good part of a season and a half, they have made every attempt to try to convert him into a pocket passer.

Sorry, he is not any more of a pocket passer than a player like Russell Wilson will ever me.

I know it is nice to try to think he can be, but he never will be.

He lacks the pocket presence, ability to process what he sees and arm talent to become that.

He needs to run. A lot.

So this idea that all of the sudden Garrett and others took over his guidance late in the year makes me skeptical.

If what we saw late in the year was what they considered the best Prescott, well, we are just outright doomed.

Anyone who takes over at OC has to make Prescott the centerpiece and build it around his mobility because we have sadly decided to just marry him.

75boyz

Reaction score
I still can't reconcile Prescott's rookie year.

He was so effective and we ran plays designed right to his somewhat limited skill set. I don't know where it came from, but it disappeared early last season and has rarely been seen since.

For the good part of a season and a half, they have made every attempt to try to convert him into a pocket passer.

Sorry, he is not any more of a pocket passer than a player like Russell Wilson will ever me.

I know it is nice to try to think he can be, but he never will be.

He lacks the pocket presence, ability to process what he sees and arm talent to become that.

He needs to run. A lot.

So this idea that all of the sudden Garrett and others took over his guidance late in the year makes me skeptical.

If what we saw late in the year was what they considered the best Prescott, well, we are just outright doomed.

Anyone who takes over at OC has to make Prescott the centerpiece and build it around his mobility because we have sadly decided to just marry him.

If I could ever get past the "he lacks the pocket presence, ability to process what he sees and arm talent" part because it's so painfully obvious and true, then maybe I could become less skeptical, pessimistic, cynical and what's that real naughty word? ...Oh yeah, a hater. Lol.

The truth hurts so bad. Prepare for the part 2 phase of post Aikman/pre Romo but with a mostly solid roster this time. Such a shame.