How does McCarthy do this?

erod

Reaction score
Training camp is highly unlikely by July. Preseason, too. The season will probably get pushed back, if not cancelled altogether.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and others) have a new offensive and defensive playbook to install. They won't see their draft picks and free agency signings until the last minute. Anything done will be online, and most players don't have proper facilities to train on their own.

nobody

Reaction score
Every team is going to have challenges. It's not like one is getting an advantage over the other. Sure, it's a new playbook, but the terminology will be the same...so it's not really as bad as you think it will be.

Does that mean we should expect the SB? Probably not, but it should prove to be better than what we saw in 2019

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Training camp is highly unlikely by July. Preseason, too. The season will probably get pushed back, if not cancelled altogether.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and others) have a new offensive and defensive playbook to install. They won't see their draft picks and free agency signings until the last minute. Anything done will be online, and most players don't have proper facilities to train on their own.

Chance of the NFL season being cancelled - 0%

Chance of civil war if the NFL is cancelled - 100%

RS12

Reaction score
I firmly believe even though we aren't close to the worst in this, there will be a season. Every team is in the same boat and as usual the cream will rise to the top.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
@erod is right. Teams that have continuity of staff and personnel will have a VAST advantage this year. Even if training camp were to begin on time, OTAs and mini-camps will have been canceled.

If there is a season, it will be very interesting to see how staffs like ours attempt to offset this disadvantage.

With Kellen Moore back, does McCarthy lean more heavily on what was run last year as opposed to putting his stamp on the offense this season?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

erod-- how about football is played into march and if needed April or maybe even May of 2021?...just a thought..it would buy us 3 months...and maybe even only one preseason game..would give us another month....but its going to be crazy however it goes

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I firmly believe even though we aren't close to the worst in this, there will be a season. Every team is in the same boat and as usual the cream will rise to the top.

I’d disagree though that every team is in the same boat. I’d much rather be in New Orleans’ situation, for example — same head coach, QB, offensive system — than in ours this season.

Not saying McCarthy or others can’t pull it off. Just that he’s going to have to be very creative to close the gap with such limited practice time.

Dre11

Reaction score

playbook will stay the same

RS12

Reaction score
I’d disagree though that every team is in the same boat. I’d much rather be in New Orleans’ situation, for example — same head coach, QB, offensive system — than in ours this season.

Not saying McCarthy or others can’t pull it off. Just that he’s going to have to be very creative to close the gap with such limited practice time.
Never said McCarthy could pull it off. In fact I doubt it. I said that the cream will rise like the Saints per your example. Good organizations dont prop up failed experiments at coach for a decade.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
@erod is right. Teams that have continuity of staff and personnel will have a VAST advantage this year. Even if training camp were to begin on time, OTAs and mini-camps will have been canceled.

If there is a season, it will be very interesting to see how staffs like ours attempt to offset this disadvantage.

With Kellen Moore back, does McCarthy lean more heavily on what was run last year as opposed to putting his stamp on the offense this season?

Agree, except for Dallas. Continuity with that staff was and is detrimental to success. They are a classic example of addition by subtraction.

Aven8

Reaction score

I wouldn’t much rather be in actual NO’s anytime over the next 6 months however.....

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

The Cowboys are probably already working on this.

As time goes by, answers will appear.

Dallas is possibly uniquely setup to attack these problems.

The Star is going to be primary in fighting this..watch.

I think if I was Jerrah, I would hire my own group of doctors and nurses and have them at the Star.

You have them check each player each day for temperature and signs of illness. Those that pass get inside and practice.

After each practice you have a cleaning crew collect the clothes worn and wash and disinfect them.

The shoes, lockers, all cleaned. The footballs..disinfected.

The next day..do it all again.

Few other teams can lead like we can.

As GM, Jerrah has shown the league how to make money.

He will show them how to protect their teams and their assets.

As much as some might hate it, Jerrah could be GM of the Year for something like this. He could share it with the entire league.

Mark my words.

I was until recently in a hospital recovering from back surgery and an infection complication.

I was there for 7 months. Just before I left, the illness struck.

Immediately, the doors were locked. Nobody was allowed in unless you had business there.

Your temperature was taken, you were inspected and only then allowed in the building. You were told only go to where you are supposed too go, nowhere else.

It was a controlled environment.

That's how you do it.

Last edited:

ESisback

Reaction score

All teams will start at the same place. The smartest coaches will utilize the downtime. I think McCarthy is one of those smart coaches. Needless worry, especially when there are so many other things to worry about!

ESisback

Reaction score
The Cowboys are probably already working on this.

As time goes by, answers will appear.

Dallas is possibly uniquely setup to attack these problems.

The Star is going to be primary in fighting this..watch.

I think if I was Jerrah, I would hire my own group of doctors and nurses and have them at the Star.

You have them check each player each day for temperature and signs of illness. Those that pass get inside and practice.

After each practice you have a cleaning crew collect the clothes worn and wash and disinfect them.

The shoes, lockers, all cleaned. The footballs..disinfected.

The next day..do it all again.

Few other teams can lead like we can.

As GM, Jerrah has shown the league how to make money.

He will show them how to protect their teams and their assets.

Mark my words.

I was until recently in a hospital recovering from back surgery and an infection complication.

I was there for 7 months. Just before I left, the illness struck.

Immediately, the doors were locked. Nobody was allowed in unless you had business there.

Your temperature was taken, you were inspected and only then allowed in the building. You were told only go to where you are supposed too go, nowhere else.

It was a controlled environment.

That's how you do it.

Dead on! Well said!

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score

Very simply. Use science, modeling and simulation. Get an x-box or playstation and use Madden 2020.

The even worse question to ponder would be how would Garrett do it assuming he was still the Cowboys HC?

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

With undying determination.

No one expects any of these organizations or the world to abandon all hope. We all have to fight to persevere. McCarthy and the Cowboys will do the best job they can, just like the rest of us.