How does McCarthy do this?

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
For some of these guys it will be a big shock that they will need a lot more time studying film.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Training camp is highly unlikely by July. Preseason, too. The season will probably get pushed back, if not cancelled altogether.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and others) have a new offensive and defensive playbook to install. They won't see their draft picks and free agency signings until the last minute. Anything done will be online, and most players don't have proper facilities to train on their own.

I think about it everyday!!! Like we are suppose to have OTA’s sometime soon before the draft or something like that since we have a new HC and now this happens!

ESisback

Reaction score
Say this lasts another 12 weeks. That puts us around the 4th. Add another month as a transitional phase...August 4th. Two weeks for careful TC...8/18. Another transitional week for rest and study...8/25. 2 weeks of preseason...9/8. Two weeks of extra precaution and study...9/22. Start Season first Sunday in October.

Thoughts?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The team needed a new head coach but this turned out to be a bad time to hire one. It’s going to be difficult for McCarthy to implement anything with the situation we’re going through right now. Hard to prepare for a season with everyone stuck at home.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Training camp is highly unlikely by July. Preseason, too. The season will probably get pushed back, if not cancelled altogether.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys (and others) have a new offensive and defensive playbook to install. They won't see their draft picks and free agency signings until the last minute. Anything done will be online, and most players don't have proper facilities to train on their own.

Who cares ?

MM is just another business decission by the Joneses. As long as the Media writes about the hire all is good in Jerry land.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I said in a previous thread that I thought the Cowboys would be at a disadvantage. The NFL rookie camp and OTA's will start late for everyone so that is not a true disadvantage....I get it. However, putting in a new defense and offense with all new coaches on a shortened off season is a disadvantage. It is what it is. How does MM do it? Heck he has never been through this before so he probably doesnt know. We will not know if he was successful until the regular season. Again....it is what it is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s probably not going to matter this year. Good news is the year off everyone should be rested and healthy for 2021.

kskboys

Reaction score
Who cares ?

MM is just another business decission by the Joneses. As long as the Media writes about the hire all is good in Jerry land.
No, can't agree w/ that.

The MM hiring has all the signs of Jerry finally throwing up his hands and saying: "OK, OK, I can't do this, I admit it."

TwentyOne

Reaction score
No, can't agree w/ that.

The MM hiring has all the signs of Jerry finally throwing up his hands and saying: "OK, OK, I can't do this, I admit it."

Lets wait and see.

All my experience in the last 25 years is that JJ is all about publicity because it sells his product.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Just a fact of the current circumstances that teams with the least amount of turnover and that will run the same scheme as last year will have a major advantage for the first half of the upcoming season if there even is one. No use complaining about it as it is out of everyone’s control and the only alternative is having no football at all.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO the NFL should consider allowing virtual meetings ealrier in the year to allow coaches to implement playbooks and conduct team meetings.

Nav22

Reaction score
The Cowboys are probably already working on this.

As time goes by, answers will appear.

Dallas is possibly uniquely setup to attack these problems.

The Star is going to be primary in fighting this..watch.

I think if I was Jerrah, I would hire my own group of doctors and nurses and have them at the Star.

You have them check each player each day for temperature and signs of illness. Those that pass get inside and practice.

After each practice you have a cleaning crew collect the clothes worn and wash and disinfect them.

The shoes, lockers, all cleaned. The footballs..disinfected.

The next day..do it all again.

Few other teams can lead like we can.

As GM, Jerrah has shown the league how to make money.

He will show them how to protect their teams and their assets.

As much as some might hate it, Jerrah could be GM of the Year for something like this. He could share it with the entire league.

Mark my words.

I was until recently in a hospital recovering from back surgery and an infection complication.

I was there for 7 months. Just before I left, the illness struck.

Immediately, the doors were locked. Nobody was allowed in unless you had business there.

Your temperature was taken, you were inspected and only then allowed in the building. You were told only go to where you are supposed too go, nowhere else.

It was a controlled environment.

That's how you do it.
You don’t need to have symptoms in order to have the virus. Asymptomatic carriers are just as able to pass it onto others.

So no, checking players’ temperatures and “signs of illness” isn’t going to cut it.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
You don’t need to have symptoms in order to have the virus. Asymptomatic carriers are just as able to pass it onto others.

So no, checking players’ temperatures and “signs of illness” isn’t going to cut it.
Umm..

I am just telling you what methods are being used.

I did not say it cured anything. Now unless you are on the National Health Team..

Your opinion on it do not mean spit.

And trying to be negatory is part of the problem.

Bet you also do not wear a face mask, either.

People..

have yourself checked as I think there is a problem yourself and stop being judgemental.

I am merely trying to help a very tough situation. So shoot me.

blueblood70

Reaction score

virtual its like Madden they can give out playbooks and test them in a virtual world to see if they know the plays and adjustments, maybe a madden type game app used for these times?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Very simply. Use science, modeling and simulation. Get an x-box or playstation and use Madden 2020.

The even worse question to ponder would be how would Garrett do it assuming he was still the Cowboys HC?
yup this can be done..it what I believe will happen even in a FaceTime type give and take test of the playbook knowledge between postion coaches and their players..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

I think if I was Jerrah, I would hire my own group of doctors and nurses and have them at the Star.

You have them check each player each day for temperature and signs of illness. Those that pass get inside and practice.

After each practice you have a cleaning crew collect the clothes worn and wash and disinfect them.

As much as some might hate it, Jerrah could be GM of the Year for something like this. He could share it with the entire league.

Mark my words.

I was until recently in a hospital recovering from back surgery and an infection complication.

Immediately, the doors were locked. Nobody was allowed in unless you had business there.

Your temperature was taken, you were inspected and only then allowed in the building. You were told only go to where you are supposed too go, nowhere else.

That's how you do it.
Glad you are fully back.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Every coaching staff is developing senarios, bloke.
Just domy try to make us think because we are not used to thinking ahead, if ever.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score

Mark my words.

That's how you do it.

Excellent post. Agreed on all counts.