News: How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

b1d63540-b63c-11ea-bbfc-e57a26878b80

There has been a pattern in recent years in the NFL where the next big quarterback deal tends to be a tad more money than the last one.

This one is likely to bust the charts for a while. But that doesn’t mean it likely won’t have an effect on what Prescott will eventually make.

Read Full Story

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is on a one year show me deal. The team has the option of doing this again next year if what they see does not convince them to spend the money. Or if they are convinced then they can sign him to a longer term deal. Frankly a three year deal next off season gets them where both sides really want to be, I would imagine.

Everything else is hand wringing and window dressing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Interesting..How many career playoff and SB wins for each?

Interesting. A football fan whose understanding is equal to that of my grandmother. It's almost as if there are more things going on in a football game, or something.

Bottom line is Dak Prescott is going to get paid, be it by Dallas or someone else. Whether or not some of you can wrap your heads around it is of no consequence.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Interesting. A football fan whose understanding is equal to that of my grandmother. It's almost as if there are more things going on in a football game, or something.

Bottom line is Dak Prescott is going to get paid, be it by Dallas or someone else. Whether or not some of you can wrap your heads around it is of no consequence.
it slooking more and more like its going to be somewhere else

shabazz

Reaction score
The hand writing on the wall is crystal clear.

Dakota and Mr Mahomes don’t even belong in the same paragraph yet some try to draw parallels

Different skill sets, different intangibles, different measurables so one has nothing to do with the other.

“We have seen Mr. Mahomes, you sir are no Patrick Mahomes”

Dallasfann

Reaction score

Interesting, Dak's grandmother is active on this board. That's pretty neat I suppose.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
How does Patrick Mahomes' mega-deal affect Dak Prescott negotiations? It's complicated

b1d63540-b63c-11ea-bbfc-e57a26878b80

There has been a pattern in recent years in the NFL where the next big quarterback deal tends to be a tad more money than the last one.

This one is likely to bust the charts for a while. But that doesn’t mean it likely won’t have an effect on what Prescott will eventually make.

Read Full Story

What are the Cowboys gonna do after Dak wins SB MVP?

khiladi

Reaction score